NPCs & Enemies Sclerepugnant - Crimson themed Spazmatism for Crimson Worlds!

Is this a Good Suggestion?

• Total voters
This is actually a pretty epic idea! I always wanted to suggest that in crimson worlds, Spazmatism would just spew Ichor bombs. But this is much more better!

I really hope this gets added someday. Oh, and just a fun idea:

Retinazor/Spazmatism/Sclerepugnant Visors (Goggles but with the lens of the eyes)

I think all that eyes thing needs to be scrapped, and Schlere just spawns on a world with Crimson, using the normal summoning item. (Which is possible maybe?)
If you mean the Normal red Spawnerfor the Twins to work like this:
Corruption World: Spawns Retinazer and Spaz;
Crimson: Spawns Retinazer and Sclere;
You just gave me an idea. We can have the normal Spawner which spawns the eyes according to their world type, but we can make a another spawner which spawns all of them. This way we can have 2 spawners instead of three. I don't know if it can be coded that easy though. For this idea to be added, it must be easy to code, and it's already a boss, so... you get the idea.

Did a small update to the thread; I added TerrorPenguin's fight tactic to the post, added alternative recipes to the staves, mnemonics on the spawners, and working on a code signature banner.

It sure is, but I'm trying to make it as simple as possible. So far; I just broke the spawner to the Cursed and Bloody versions, which can be combined to "The Vision" to summon all three eyes. That happened with they Optic staff as well. And I added a Trophy and a Triplets mask. Even the smallest addition matters!
It's confusing, but I like it :D

I think all that eyes thing needs to be scrapped, and Schlere just spawns on a world with Crimson, using the normal summoning item. (Which is possible maybe?)
I have been thinking of this and can't get it out of my head. I don't really want to scrap "The Vision" and the Triplets staff. Unless if you have an idea.

Also: Added a mini-tutorial to make the support signature banner yourself and added an Achievement Information section. Now everyone is allowed to contribute by saying their own fighting tactics!

Pretty awesome suggestion! I would love to see this ingame.

Here's the "how-to" make the support banner yourself!
Format:
[u.rl=]URL[i.mg][/i.mg]IMAGE[/u.rl]
Remove the dots ( . ) between the characters in the square brackets ( [ ] )
Override URL with: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...n-themed-spazmatism-for-crimson-worlds.23925/
Ovveride IMAGE with: http://i.imgur.com/yZ0t51O.png

Just a quick tip; instead of doing this, you can use CODE tags to isolate the code. It would allow you to make this:

Simply paste this code into your signature to show the support banner!

Code:
[url=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sclerepugnant-crimson-themed-spazmatism-for-crimson-worlds.23925/][img]http://i.imgur.com/yZ0t51O.png[/img][/url]

Just simply surround the code with [.code] -code- [./code].
(Code tags don't work inside code tags ;))

Pretty awesome suggestion! I would love to see this ingame.

(Code tags don't work inside code tags ;))

Wow, your post clearly says that I'm not familiar with forums. :D Will update the post.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436984665,1436984375][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why not just make Spazmatism shoot normal orange Fireballs, and in his second Phase, have a normal orange flamethrower?

Could be a good idea. What about the Trophies and the Mask then?

I really hope this gets added someday. Oh, and just a fun idea:

Retinazor/Spazmatism/Sclerepugnant Visors (Goggles but with the lens of the eyes)

Some people already said that the loot is complicated. Once I sort this out, I may do this too :D

I think, the way Terraria currently is constructed, keeping recipes and loot as they are is best, as well as having the second eye world-restricted, rather than spawner restricted. I'm saying this because, even though, you can get alternate loot by making a secondary world with the different evil, you've never been able to actually get better loot from doing so. The only exception, most of the time, being the Pack of Balloons, which is outclassed by most wings anyways and will just take up an accessory spot unless you're going for ridiculous altitude.

Point is, I think a single world should be able to include all loot (add desert crates for sandstorm pl0x), excluding the loot from the ignored evil. The Vision Staff, however, encourages players to make a second world or gather loot from a previous world to upgrade to something, which is borderline bypassing parts of the game, but also legit because the item was built this way. I don't know what to think.

Your concept of being able to spawn all three and even get an upgrade to the optic staff is interesting, though. I doubt a reasonable way to get loot from the other biome in your world without making your character move out and back in will be implimented in the near future, but if it ever does, this sure is something I would like to see.

On an unrelated note, this could sprawl "1 Hero 2 Worlds" runs, which require the player to keep roughly at the same level in two worlds with the same character. @Yrimir if you have some free time and find this interesting :p

Not bad, not bad at all! The Triplets Mask looks very cool. You get some Support in a Bottle.
68dGhkE.png
I would make the boss lenses a bit smaller though. But the eyes from which they originate from have very different sizes, so it isn't much of a problem.

I think, the way Terraria currently is constructed, keeping recipes and loot as they are is best, as well as having the second eye world-restricted, rather than spawner restricted. I'm saying this because, even though, you can get alternate loot by making a secondary world with the different evil, you've never been able to actually get better loot from doing so. The only exception, most of the time, being the Pack of Balloons, which is outclassed by most wings anyways and will just take up an accessory spot unless you're going for ridiculous altitude.

Point is, I think a single world should be able to include all loot (add desert crates for sandstorm pl0x), excluding the loot from the ignored evil. The Vision Staff, however, encourages players to make a second world or gather loot from a previous world to upgrade to something, which is borderline bypassing parts of the game, but also legit because the item was built this way. I don't know what to think.

Your concept of being able to spawn all three and even get an upgrade to the optic staff is interesting, though. I doubt a reasonable way to get loot from the other biome in your world without making your character move out and back in will be implimented in the near future, but if it ever does, this sure is something I would like to see.

On an unrelated note, this could sprawl "1 Hero 2 Worlds" runs, which require the player to keep roughly at the same level in two worlds with the same character. @Yrimir if you have some free time and find this interesting :p

I see what you mean. I am troubling myself with this decision to take before updating the fight tactics. However, I would need to do major changes to most of the items which require the eyes. I prefer it this way because I can choose what to fight, but if it's world-locked like the new Mimics, it'll end up annoying. A World is a world i say but I always end up taking items from other worlds. I will rethink this idea from the start and report back on. Many people agree with you too.

Not bad, not bad at all! The Triplets Mask looks very cool. You get some Support in a Bottle.
68dGhkE.png
I would make the boss lenses a bit smaller though. But the eyes from which they originate from have very different sizes, so it isn't much of a problem.
Thanks for the Support in a bottle! Will put it in my greatest balloon!

EDIT: Removed false information and the Eyes' lenses. They are supposed to no longer drop and the Optic staff recipes have been changed. (to their previous alternatives)

EDIT 2:
Changed the functionality of the Staves to be world-locked. Removed more false information, made the thread more readable because of grammar mistakes. Currently working on the Spawners to be world-locked too.
Help us pick a sprite for the new "The Seer" staff (aka Triplets Staff) which has a new recipe too. Removed Bloody/Cursed Optic Staves because of the recolored sprites and the reason above.

Last edited:
Changed the functionality of the Staves to be world-locked. Removed more false information, made the thread more readable because of grammar mistakes. Currently working on the Spawners to be world-locked too.
Help us pick a sprite for the new "The Seer" staff (aka Triplets Staff) which has a new recipe too. Removed Bloody/Cursed Optic Staves because of the recolored sprites and the reason above.

I know you said not to mention a Crimson Destroyer, but I feel like this would go well with one. With everybody wanting one so bad, nobody really thinks about The Twins.

Back
Top Bottom