(SPOILERS) Final Boss seems impossible now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah okay. Most of the trouble I've had with the boss stems from his final phase in expert. Congrats on the way undergeared win though!

Duke Fishron is either an extremely easy boss or a god of hatred depending on whether or not you got Cosmic Car Key/Lunar Gear before fighting him or not. Honestly, he feels like a sidegrade in difficulty to the Moon Lord, which is well reflected in the quality of his drops.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say Duke Fishron is a sidegrade based on his drops? Can you please iterate further on this... o_O

I'd say Flairon an Razorblade Typhoons are, but the rest of Fishron gear doesn't quite seem Lunar tier

Fishron Wings are literally the best though since they allow free motion in water

I'd say Flairon an Razorblade Typhoons are, but the rest of Fishron gear doesn't quite seem Lunar tier

Fishron Wings are literally the best though since they allow free motion in water
The Wings/Razorblade/Flairon and Shrimpy Truffle in particular, as you mentioned. Since the Phantasm Nerf, Tsunami is also looking to be a viable alternative as well but I haven't tested enough to say. The rest are duds though, but so are Celebration and Crystal Staff from Moon Lord. Each boss still has their shares of bad drops.

I actually didn't really care about fishing at all when 1.2.4 came out, so Fishron was brand new to me in 1.3. He's a rather neat boss, I must say.

So is Rainbow Crystal Staff from Moon Lord. Each boss still has their shares of bad drops.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK ITS A GREAT ITEM! :dryadmad: it's just underappreciated as a turret!
I don't see even with phantasm getting nerfed being less viable than Tsunami its more just the situation you use it in

Tsunami has more ammo consumption than phantasm, but enemies that die in less than 3 shots from phantasm don't really benefit from its continuous stream of arrows it shoots...
Tsunami does its damage every time, and doesn't require a boss fight to be really good so while Phantasm is still better for DPS and Boss-Slaying the Tsunami is better for just general crowd control, and invasion events

YOU TAKE THAT BACK ITS A GREAT ITEM! :dryadmad: it's just underappreciated as a turret!
I don't see even with phantasm getting nerfed being less viable than Tsunami its more just the situation you use it in

Tsunami has more ammo consumption than phantasm, but enemies that die in less than 3 shots from phantasm don't really benefit from its continuous stream of arrows it shoots...
Tsunami does its damage every time, and doesn't require a boss fight to be really good so while Phantasm is still better for DPS and Boss-Slaying the Tsunami is better for just general crowd control, and invasion events

Exactly. I feel Tsunami==Phantasm as a sidegrade in most regards. Honestly, I wish there were more sidegrade options as a whole so classes aren't bracketed into a single end weapon but are free to choose which situation they favor more as these two bows allow you to.

EDIT: We are probably getting wayyyy off topic. Sorry mods.

Phantasm with holy arrows still shreds absolutely everything though.... just saying not even moon lord can handle that storm(bow)

I'm funny ~:cool:

For people having problems dealing with the Moon Lord, here is a very simple arena :
1436614186-terraria-ml-arena.png

Stay in honey with your star veil, attack with solar eruption, scourge of the corruptor, or even a yoyo (the eye of cthulhu, the best one if you havn't the Terrarian).
All lasers are blocked by the slime blocks.
In normal mode, I don't go under 475/500 HP, and the ML is defeated in around 3 minutes.

Very simple.

For people having problems dealing with the Moon Lord, here is a very simple arena :
1436614186-terraria-ml-arena.png

Stay in honey with your star veil, attack with solar eruption, scourge of the corruptor, or even a yoyo (the eye of cthulhu, the best one if you havn't the Terrarian).
All lasers are blocked by the slime blocks.
In normal mode, I don't go under 475/500 HP, and the ML is defeated in around 3 minutes.

Very simple.
....Thats quite an elaborate setup you got there..... it's definitely effective, but I wouldn't say he's quite that hard to learn to dodge wouldn't you?
Thanks for putting this out there as I could definitely see myself building that because it looks really cool

Using spikes and honey to become invincible kind of seems like cheating..
its not exactly cheating so much as exploiting the Invincibility frames you get after taking damage

by making sure you take damage from something that does much less than the moonlord in this case, and the increased invincibility that the cross necklace or star veil provides + honey means you'll regen almost fast enough to make up for the difference

Using spikes and honey to become invincible kind of seems like cheating..
I guess it depends on your feelings about it.
Before 1.3, we had super complex arenas (traps, lava, etc) to handle pumpkin and frost moons. Was that cheating ?

Wait... You guys beat fishron with pretty much endgame 1.2.4 gear? I beat him with titanium armor. It's easy. Just bring a gravitation potion and some wings. The fight will be long, but you will be able to dodge and win. Zoomed though Hardmode after that win.

EDIT: Pre-Mech too :D

Wait... You guys beat fishron with pretty much endgame 1.2.4 gear? I beat him with titanium armor. It's easy. Just bring a gravitation potion and some wings. The fight will be long, but you will be able to dodge and win. Zoomed though Hardmode after that win.

EDIT: Pre-Mech too :D
The fight was apparently balanced to be a very difficult post-1/all mech boss. Don't quote me, as I can't cite that.

The fight was apparently balanced to be a very difficult post-1/all mech boss. Don't quote me, as I can't cite that.

It's an easy boss once you learn his attack patterns. Sure, the damage if you get hit directly with endgame 1.2.4 gear is immense, as well as titanium armor, but the gear you get from him allows the mechanicals and any other boss in Hardmode to get smashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom