Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Please can u make it so that we can convert tapi mods over? i worked on a mod on Tapi nad dont want it to die D:. plz also good work
The problem is that conversions usually aren't simple. If you think about it, if two different modding apis have differences between them, how exactly would you methodically convert between them?

Also, it shouldn't be too hard to manually convert things. Like Gorateron said above, converting jsons to cs files won't be hard, since you'll mostly be copying properties over to the SetDefault methods, just with different syntax. And most of the code that you have in your tapi mod will probably be able to be just copy/pasted over to here. Once I feel that this mod loader is nearly finished, I still have my own tapi mod that I want to convert ^-^

How do I copy terraria.exe whenever i try it it only copies the url link, not the .exe file
What do you mean by url link? You're supposed to copy the Terraria.exe file itself just like any other file. You'll have to navigate to your folder that contains all of your steam games. For example, for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria.

Hey, nice work! I really love this mod. I tried to compile your Example mod, but I always get errors... :c

Code:
error CS0006: Die Metadatendatei 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll' konnte nicht gefunden werden.
error CS0006: Die Metadatendatei 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll' konnte nicht gefunden werden.
error CS0006: Die Metadatendatei 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll' konnte nicht gefunden werden.
error CS0006: Die Metadatendatei 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Xact.dll' konnte nicht gefunden werden.
The error translate roughly to: "The Metadatafile ... could not be found."

I hope everything is understandable for you, because English is not my first language. ^o^

Hey, nice work! I really love this mod. I tried to compile your Example mod, but I always get errors... :c

Code:
error CS0006: Die Metadatendatei 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll' konnte nicht gefunden werden.
error CS0006: Die Metadatendatei 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll' konnte nicht gefunden werden.
error CS0006: Die Metadatendatei 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll' konnte nicht gefunden werden.
error CS0006: Die Metadatendatei 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Xact.dll' konnte nicht gefunden werden.
The error translate roughly to: "The Metadatafile ... could not be found."

I hope everything is understandable for you, because English is not my first language. ^o^
Thanks for reporting! Everything's understandable to me.
I've been made aware of this bug early on, and I've already fixed it for the next version ^-^

Just out of curiosity, but in later versions will this support things that tAPI didn't such as yo-yos and mounts?
Well, tAPI didn't have easy-to-make yoyos because yoyos didn't exist. And they were actually still possible to make; you just had to know how to code the projectile.
And I do plan to attempt to add support for mounts. For other things that tAPI didn't add, it depends on the specific features.

This sounds amazing, can't wait to see how it progresses. One question, have you considered making a GitHub project for this? It's a great way to stay organized, as well as to get help from others. The closed-source nature of tAPI always felt icky to me, it goes against the nature of modding.

This sounds amazing, can't wait to see how it progresses. One question, have you considered making a GitHub project for this? It's a great way to stay organized, as well as to get help from others. The closed-source nature of tAPI always felt icky to me, it goes against the nature of modding.
I do plan to make a GitHub once I make a bit more progress. tAPI was close-sourced most likely since it made large changes to the vanilla code, but I'm trying to leave the vanilla code as untouched as possible to make things easier to update, so it will be easier to upload my code while making sure it still makes sense.

Does this only feature items, or can it do more?
Since it's a work-in-progress, it only features items and recipes at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom