(SPOILERS) Final Boss seems impossible now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an easy boss once you learn his attack patterns. Sure, the damage if you get hit directly with endgame 1.2.4 gear is immense, as well as titanium armor, but the gear you get from him allows the mechanicals and any other boss in Hardmode to get smashed.
I think that boils into a risk/reward kinda group where if you're good enough, and willing to take the risk to fight him without hallowed equipment, or killing the mech, plantera, golem then you can do it, but its supposed to be quite a bit more difficult, however, this also means the drops he has if you do beat him will absolutely rekk everything else besides the lunar tier, and Flairon does that too.

Its something of a player decision at that point..... kinda like "Can I really handle this boss now? Is it worth fighting him, and potentially spending hours getting a truffle worm only to die, and have wasted it?"

I think that boils into a risk/reward kinda group where if you're good enough, and willing to take the risk to fight him without hallowed equipment, or killing the mech, plantera, golem then you can do it, but its supposed to be quite a bit more difficult, however, this also means the drops he has if you do beat him will absolutely rekk everything else besides the lunar tier, and Flairon does that too.

Its something of a player decision at that point..... kinda like "Can I really handle this boss now? Is it worth fighting him, and potentially spending hours getting a truffle worm only to die, and have wasted it?"

I do him Pre-Mech all the time, because then I don't have to worry about wasting materials for mechanical worms, eyes, and skulls if I lose. Grinding for those resources after you lose to a mech is enraging for me, so I get Duke's weapons, and destroy the mechanicals with ease. However, I do agree that getting truffle worms is a pain, but I always create a mud area for artificial mushrooms in single player before hardmode, so then I can get the truffle right away. This also helps in getting worms for the Duke.

If you do have the time, try it out. Its super intense knowing that he can take down half your health with one hit. Stay focused on dodging and doing the damage with a repeater and you should be fine.

Anyways, back to the topic, which is ML :p

When i finally got the armor and weapons to beat him, it took a couple of tries, but i got him. Then,... they updated it... now he will TELEPORT TO YOU!! So, now going to the nurse could kill her... then she'd be useless. They just keep making it harder and harder. They nerf the best endgame weapons, then they buff the bosses and it makes it about 100 times harder

its not exactly cheating so much as exploiting the Invincibility frames you get after taking damage

by making sure you take damage from something that does much less than the moonlord in this case, and the increased invincibility that the cross necklace or star veil provides + honey means you'll regen almost fast enough to make up for the difference
Its just the same as dark souls IV frames, less armor you have on = more IV frames

I beat him with a friend by just spamming rocket IIIs at him while my friend did melee (no vamp knives). When one of us died the other one just stayed alive. This was done with no buffs

So Tornis beat the game on Hardcore ( Deleting his character and world upon death ) and he simply build a minecart track skybridge and shot him down with chlorophyte bullets.

Never even lost half his health.

I made a video were I fight moon lord on expert, without paying attention much to the fight and get hit a lot by his huge laser beam and I don't try too much to dodge some of his other attacks.
I also use the phantasm bow. (which people consider bad now apparently)

And even with all that, the battle is a success.

The only reason the fight is a bit long is because I keep waiting on the middle eye to open up...sorry for that.

So Tornis beat the game on Hardcore ( Deleting his character and world upon death ) and he simply build a minecart track skybridge and shot him down with chlorophyte bullets.

Never even lost half his health.

This was going to be my plan as well, since it's nigh-impossible to anticipate attacks from off screen due to resolution.

When i finally got the armor and weapons to beat him, it took a couple of tries, but i got him. Then,... they updated it... now he will TELEPORT TO YOU!! So, now going to the nurse could kill her... then she'd be useless. They just keep making it harder and harder. They nerf the best endgame weapons, then they buff the bosses and it makes it about 100 times harder
Just make a teleport room for nurse.

I just made a roof over myself and moved the Nurse into my arena. I've found that as long as she isn't struck by any lasers, she'll be fine.
Just heal whenever you need to, even camp her room if you want and fire Nebula Arcanum out the platforms at the bottom.

tfw a freakin NPC is tankier than you with spectre armor

I just made a roof over myself and moved the Nurse into my arena. I've found that as long as she isn't struck by any lasers, she'll be fine.
Just heal whenever you need to, even camp her room if you want and fire Nebula Arcanum out the platforms at the bottom.

tfw a freakin NPC is tankier than you with spectre armor
That actually worked? Um. Here's to hoping that doesn't get patched next update.

I've seen my nurse tank through Frost Moon harder than my tank bro with my spectre healings. She's tough :red:.
And she won't put up with any of your :red:, either.

First nurse I ever met that doesn't do happy endings. What kinda service is that!?

Nurse OP
If she battled the Moon Lord then ML would get rekt.
She only heals you because all those damn small fry bosses ain't nuthin', so she ain't got no time to fite them herself.

On topic, I do like how they made all the NPCs tankier, but the Nurse especially, since she can pop those 25HP potions sanic fast. The True Eyes of Cthulhu from the ML only do about 16 damage to her, whereas I have 58 defense and they do about 60-80 dmg to me. That means the nurse has nearly 200 defense.
wait what

Nurse OP
If she battled the Moon Lord then ML would get rekt.
She only heals you because all those damn small fry bosses ain't nuthin', so she ain't got no time to fite them herself.

On topic, I do like how they made all the NPCs tankier, but the Nurse especially, since she can pop those 25HP potions sanic fast. The True Eyes of Cthulhu from the ML only do about 16 damage to her, whereas I have 58 defense and they do about 60-80 dmg to me. That means the nurse has nearly 200 defense.
wait what
Warding Beetle Armor. Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom