NPCs & Enemies Moon lord HP decrease

SamIsFab

Duke Fishron
Okay, so i was fighting the Moon lord and pillars in expert mode, i'm sorry, but i'm not invincible. Can there be a debuff or something?
The moon lord altogether has about 300,000 health. Including the shields, and hand closing..

Please make a change to this.

Thanks! :)

I know he's hard, but I don't solo Expert mode. Grab a friend and defeat him together. Make rails from the one side of the map to the other and you'll need 15-20 minutes. My friend did that. I just need to kill one more pillar before fighting him again. I failed too, but you know, Expert for me requires Multiplayer.

I've had very little issues with his high health. The Phantasm with Holy arrows absolutely destroys him, even the Vortex Beater with chlorophyte bullets. Sure, I haven't beaten him yet, but that's because I simply have difficulty with the "True Eyes of Cthulhu" (Perhaps they should have some HP as well so you don't need to worry about them forever).

Also, I know some may disagree, but he is the final boss, and should have the most HP and damage logically. And it IS expert mode after all :p Even if you still think it should be decreased, we need more info. How much HP will the hands and head have? The core?

TL;DR Don't play expert mode if you don't want a challenge :p

I know he's hard, but I don't solo Expert mode. Grab a friend and defeat him together. Make rails from the one side of the map to the other and you'll need 15-20 minutes. My friend did that. I just need to kill one more pillar before fighting him again. I failed too, but you know, Expert for me requires Multiplayer.
I guess that could help, thanks.
Then don't play expert mode.
Whats the point in having expert mode if you can defeat the final boss in it, there is a goodie bag involved.
Might as well?

I know those, I'm referring to the suggestion itself.
Whats the point in having expert mode if you can defeat the final boss in it, there is a goodie bag involved.
Might as well?
People have beaten him. He's not impossible - sure, may be frustrating at times, but he is possible none the less. I don't mean to come across as rude, but just because a few people are having trouble doesn't mean it should change. Also, once again going to say: Final Boss, Expert mode. Not for the faint of heart, it's meant to be a challenge. That's the whole point of Expert mode.

I know those, I'm referring to the suggestion itself.

People have beaten him. He's not impossible - sure, may be frustrating at times, but he is possible none the less. I don't mean to come across as rude, but just because a few people are having trouble doesn't mean it should change. Also, once again going to say: Final Boss, Expert mode. Not for the faint of heart, it's meant to be a challenge. That's the whole point of Expert mode.
Oh wow, thank you. I'll get a few friends in.

just a small change would probably be a good thing... one thing i don't like about him is that before lunar events, then after, then post-moon-lord weapon power increases very sharply. It's not a +15% or something, but doubling, and then doubling again, with little space between. Lunar events should each be a bit harder, coz they are ridiculously easy, and nerf the moon lord in exchange.

The moon lord in expert mode is somewhat tricky but there are a few things to note for expert mode, under any circumstance do not use rod of discord, one or two extra ports here and there will render you dead in a matter of seconds. Firstly I highly recommend using a yo-yo, either The eye of Cthulhu or Terrarian combined with the master yo-yo bag which can essentially double your dps.

I am going to jump and assume you are using melee and in which case I strongly suggest all your accessories to be warding, when it comes to accessories there are 3 items I do not live without when it comes to bosses, Turtle shell, Shiny Stone and Star vail necklace. The yo-yo bag replaces my ankh shield and flesh knuckles replace my celestial stone (gives more def). Mount I used cosmic car but fishron mount with periodic water bubbles gives you insane speed to keep ahead of the moon lord.

Now for tactics, keep ahead of the moon lord is key as well as moving in a wave up and down to best avoid eye summons. As annoying as this may sound, deliberately not fighting the lord could help you out (hear me out) Im kind of an odd person, my specialty is numbers and what I did was summon and watch the moon lords attacks, the time from when his eye closes to when it opens again can save your life. Doing so and being able to predict the laser fire and do a sweep over his head to avoid damage is the best way (not rod of discord or going under, best is going over). This also lets you target the hands somewhat evenly and easily.

His grapple can be killed and if so leaves a gap where you will take damage if you cross it which again sweeping over his head avoids this. Lastly, bring every kind of buff possible though this does mean you need to have both crimson and corruption but that is easily done. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom