XInput GamePad Support Mod [Pre-1.3]

Really love your mod, and really appreciate the WIP release, it's phenomenal. I do have two suggestions, if you're open to them.

1.) Cycle the right-stick-press-in menu when Y is pressed. For example, if you're on Ranged with target finder, pressing Y cycles you to Ranged Classic, and so on.

2.) When any right-stick-click-in mode is selected EXCEPT manual, while the torch is equipped, the torch be placed in any available spot. So if you're mining with Ranged selected (don't judge, it works nicely) and you hit LB to place a torch, it just be placed in any available location. This would make caving SO much easier.

Again, I really appreciate the work you're doing, it's awesome. Keep up the good work!
  1. Y is used for switching between chests/tiles/NPCs but I guess the feature can be added to another button
  2. Give me a list of every single torch ID in the game and I'll do it.

So uh... Now that 1.3.0.5 is out, and Re-Logic said they wouldn't be updating for the while and the next update would be 1.3.1... Time for super awesome coding mode?

1. Y is used for switching between chests/tiles/NPCs but I guess the feature can be added to another button
  2. Give me a list of every single torch ID in the game and I'll do it.
I didn't know about the current Y functionality, I was just aiming for an unused button.

I know, there's a lot of torches. You make this mod at your leisure, so if you don't want to do it, it's cool.

Torch 8
purple torch 430
yellow torch 432
blue torch 427
green torch 429
red torch 428
orange torch 1245
white torch 431
pink torch 3114
ice torch 974
cursed torch 523
ichor torch 1333
demon torch 433
rainbow torch 3045
ultrabright torch 2274
bone torch 3004

8 Torch
427 blue torch
428 red torch
429 green torch
430 purple torch
431 white torch
432 yellow torch
433 demon torch
523 cursed torch
974 ice torch
1245 orange torch
1333 ichor torch
2274 ultrabright torch
3004 bone torch
3045 rainbow torch
3114 pink torch

Internal Item ID (sorted numerically)

I'm probly way late, but here it is xD

Giant respect to Meowmaritus for the awesome work with this mod :D

EDITED

Last edited:
Torch 8
purple torch 430
yellow torch 432
blue torch 427
green torch 429
red torch 428
orange torch 1245
white torch 431
pin torch 3114
ice torch 974
cursed torch 523
ichor torch 1333
demon torch 433
rainbow torch 3045
ultrabright torch 2274
bone torch 3004

Internal Item ID (sorted numerically)

I'm probly way late, but here it is xD

Giant respect to Meowmaritus for the awesome work with this mod :D
+1 for sorting by ID :redspin:

Just wanna let everyone know that I have XGSM updated to 1.3.0.5 and that I'm making progress on it.

Some interesting things I've done so far:
  • ***Everything mentioned here.***
  • Fixed about 70% of the mod's menus being nonexistant.
  • Fixed walking slowly; No longer produces Hermes Boots effect and actually lets you maintain a constant, slow velocity (rather than continuing to accelerate slowly until reaching regular speed).
    • Press the stick all the way to start running with Herme's Boots/Spectre Boots/Lightning Boots/Frostspark Boots/etc.
  • Added target switching with the right stick while using (the new and improved) Ranged mode (and optionally you can automatically switch targets when the current one dies)
  • Fixed the controller vibration when shooting things; it actually makes a short vibration at the exact time you shoot a projectile out of something, making guns more interesting to use (unlike before where the controller just vibrated constantly no matter what you were actually shooting)
  • The context tile closest to you is prioritized over the others. Each time you begin to move your character, it selects the tile closest to you. Pressing the switch button will cycle through all the tiles near it, then back to it again. This allows you to simply walk in front of the chest you want to open and hit B to open it.
  • Improved the joystick's responsiveness by removing redundant deadzone applications.
  • Made the quick menu less dangerous by locking the buttons when you press them. This prevents them doing things until you release the button then press it again (e.g. Quick Drop no longer causes you to jump immediately afterward)
  • Added support for "ThickMouseEdges" to be applied to the mod's cursors.
  • Added a Quick Mount control (default is RB while the quick menu is open)
There are still some things I need to do though:
  • Fix the NPC chat. Fixed.
  • Add support for moving to/from chests/inventory/NPC shop/etc.
  • Add a hotkey for "Quickstack to nearby chests"
  • Add support for vanilla's Smart Cursor (automine is gone).
  • Add the auto place torch feature that XoreXGrün requested.
  • Add the quick cursor cycle hotkey that XoreXGrün requested.

On top of all of that, I'm also helping write a brand new Terraria modding API (you'll see what I'm referring to sometime later when we create the thread for it)

Last edited:
Just wanna let everyone know that I have XGSM updated to 1.3.0.5 and that I'm making progress on it.

Some interesting things I've done so far:
  • ***Everything mentioned here.***
  • Fixed about 70% of the mod's menus being nonexistant.
  • Fixed walking slowly; No longer produces Hermes Boots effect and actually lets you maintain a constant, slow velocity (rather than continuing to accelerate slowly until reaching regular speed).
    • Press the stick all the way to start running with Herme's Boots/Spectre Boots/Lightning Boots/Frostspark Boots/etc.
  • Added target switching with the right stick while using (the new and improved) Ranged mode (and optionally you can automatically switch targets when the current one dies)
  • Fixed the controller vibration when shooting things; it actually makes a short vibration at the exact time you shoot a projectile out of something, making guns more interesting to use (unlike before where the controller just vibrated constantly no matter what you were actually shooting)
  • The context tile closest to you is prioritized over the others. Each time you begin to move your character, it selects the tile closest to you. Pressing the switch button will cycle through all the tiles near it, then back to it again. This allows you to simply walk in front of the chest you want to open and hit B to open it.
  • Improved the joystick's responsiveness by removing redundant deadzone applications.
  • Made the quick menu less dangerous by locking the buttons when you press them. This prevents them doing things until you release the button then press it again (e.g. Quick Drop no longer causes you to jump immediately afterward)
  • Added support for "ThickMouseEdges" to be applied to the mod's cursors.
  • Added a Quick Mount control (default is RB while the quick menu is open)
There are still some things I need to do though:
  • Fix the NPC chat.
  • Add support for moving to/from chests/inventory/NPC shop/etc.
  • Add a hotkey for "Quickstack to nearby chests"
  • Add support for vanilla's Smart Cursor (automine is gone).
  • Add the auto place torch feature that XoreXGrün requested.
  • Add the quick cursor cycle hotkey that XoreXGrün requested.

On top of all of that, I'm also helping write a brand new Terraria modding API (you'll see what I'm referring to sometime later when we create the thread for it)
Ohhhhh shiiiiiiitttttt. Time for some Terrarururairarurra :D

I have not touched pc version yet. I want to, I am not big on pc gaming.
once you get your mod working for 1.3 I'll probably play pc version . But console is supremely more accessible and enjoyable than the pc versions. If it weren't for that horrible slow careless company 505 games who can't be bothered by fans to post any sort of indication that 1.3 is coming soon. Like why would I want to play this super casual game at a desk. Move on from pc already omg.

Sorry that's been building up.

I have not touched pc version yet. I want to, I am not big on pc gaming.
once you get your mod working for 1.3 I'll probably play pc version . But console is supremely more accessible and enjoyable than the pc versions. If it weren't for that horrible slow careless company 505 games who can't be bothered by fans to post any sort of indication that 1.3 is coming soon. Like why would I want to play this super casual game at a desk. Move on from pc already omg.

Sorry that's been building up.
I don't like how you say your opinion as if it were a fact, and diss on PC.

Yeah but seriously. Pc gaming isn't real gaming. It's plagued with cheaters and subscription hacks. Also, substantially more carpal tunnel syndrome cases attributed to pc gaming. ~:cry:

Sorry but a tAPI version is completely out of the picture right now because tAPI doesn't have any of the hooks I need and every time I request a new hook be added, the devs just ignore me or they refuse to add the hook because of how unnecessary they think it is.
Well that's very rude.

Back
Top Bottom