PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People make ML out to be WAY harder than he is. Even on Expert. With some strategy, a makeshift arena, Pillar Tier Weapons, and buff potions he's not all that hard. Definitely doable, even to the new player. (Assuming they've played up to the point and understand generally how the game works) I do fully support the removal of any cheese strats. (I don't consider using an arena for helping dodge his attacks, i.e. dodging his laser beam via block wall to be cheesing, as arenas have traditionally been a part of Terraria boss strategy) Heck, I'd be totally fine if they disabled the Nurse during Moon Lord (Or during every boss fight for that matter).

Fixes
  • Potentially fixed lag issues when using Steam multiplayer
  • Potentially fixed invasions not trigerring when they should (Martian Probes)
  • Fixed Money Trough turning 'Quick Stack to All Chests' button invisible
  • Fixed Javelins drawing behind doors on all cases
  • Fixed Keys of Light / Night not working through autopause
  • Fixed nearby crafting stations not updating when you open inventory in autopause
  • Fixed 'allow mounting' check not taking player's velocity into account (mounting into ceiling exploit)
  • Fixed breathing meter appearing when hanging on to a ceiling that has water in it
  • Fixed content files not being compressed
  • Fixed Umbrella art not being consistent
  • Fixed Solar Eruption item stray pixel
  • Fixed Jellyfish expert mode counter hitting you when you can't hit the Jellyfish
  • Fixed Drill Containment Unit being able to mine Demon Altars before Hardmode
  • Fixed certain Penguins not counting towards the tally
  • Fixed Dryad not selling Vicious Powder during the Bloodmoon on Crimtane worlds
  • Fixed issue where Shroomite and Psycho Knife stealth would work on mounts
  • Fixed issue where Martian Probe would trigger Martian Invasion clientside
  • Fixed Cultist Boss summoning issues in multiplayer
Thanks for the bug fixes! Hoping that something will be done about the smart curser for blinkroot/shiverthorn seeds. It latches onto the fully grown plants in the planter box making it impossible to run through planting seeds like you can the others. Makes growing them a hassle since you have to turn off the smart cursor and walk slowly hoping you don't miss any.

Ummmmm How come my character disapeared after I forced close my game and this happened
Check My Games/Terraria/profiles(i believe)/name of character. If one of the files have 1kb or somethin like that, your character is corrupted. Oh, and remember, DO BACKUPS after you close terraria!

In the end it changes nothing.
The Moon Lord is the nightmare of new players. The Nurse strat is the only thing that makes this fight bearable.

At least it seems like only new players are having this issue, because everyone who complains about the ML being ridiculously hard gets ground to dust by "veterans" saying they need to git gud.

Like any boss, if the Moon Lord eats one alive within moments of its spawning, one probably needs to begin devising some sort of strategy. If one has SPAWNED the Moon Lord, by no means can one consider oneself a "new player."

EDIT: Unless, of course, you're playing co-op with some sort of troll.

People make ML out to be WAY harder than he is. Even on Expert. With some strategy, a makeshift arena, Pillar Tier Weapons, and buff potions he's not all that hard. Definitely doable, even to the new player. (Assuming they've played up to the point and understand generally how the game works) I do fully support the removal of any cheese strats. (I don't consider using an arena for helping dodge his attacks, i.e. dodging his laser beam via block wall to be cheesing, as arenas have traditionally been a part of Terraria boss strategy) Heck, I'd be totally fine if they disabled the Nurse during Moon Lord (Or during every boss fight for that matter).
Exactly!
[DOUBLEPOST=1437437355,1437436877][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyways to sum this all up,some people think moon lord is too easy,most don't

In the end it changes nothing.
The Moon Lord is the nightmare of new players. The Nurse strat is the only thing that makes this fight bearable.

At least it seems like only new players are having this issue, because everyone who complains about the ML being ridiculously hard gets ground to dust by "veterans" saying they need to git gud.

This game isn't Super Meat Boy or Nuclear Throne, lads. We don't need extreme difficulty.
If you want difficulty, Expert mode is an option.
I like you

It seems that the developers want to be hated. It's amazing how every patch they change more and more mechanics just to make the boss more difficult.
And if the person wanted to use these mechanics for other things besides the Moon Lord? How is that?

Do you want to spoil Terraria for everyone to stop playing it and play the new game of yours? ( a.k.a Terraria: Otherworld)

I already told the community I have no YouTube and have no way of recording a video
[DOUBLEPOST=1437436268,1437436252][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus my video is of poor quality
[DOUBLEPOST=1437436297][/DOUBLEPOST]And also no I'm not a bada$$
Yrimir is :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1437436353][/DOUBLEPOST]And when I say my video is of poor quality I mean if I could record it,it would be of poor quality
[DOUBLEPOST=1437436391][/DOUBLEPOST]Finally I am not a freaking cheeser

It isn't hard to make a Youtube account, just make a gmail account and you'll be good to go. Bandicam is a free vid recording software that I highly recommend.

I'd really like to see your video of beating the "extremely easy" moon lord. I could take some notes on your strategy so perhaps I could beat him myself, legit. You have much to share, please help us all by displaying your skill so we can all become better for it.

Unrelated, try not to double-click the Post Reply button, I think that's causing your plethora of double-posts.

It seems that the developers want to be hated. It's amazing how every patch they change more and more mechanics just to make the boss more difficult.
And if the person wanted to use these mechanics for other things besides the Moon Lord? How is that?

Do you want to spoil Terraria for everyone to stop playing it and play the new game of yours? ( a.k.a Terraria: Otherworld)
It's not getting buffed,It just makes you be more legit

It isn't hard to make a Youtube account, just make a gmail account and you'll be good to go. Bandicam is a free vid recording software that I highly recommend.

I'd really like to see your video of beating the "extremely easy" moon lord. I could take some notes on your strategy so perhaps I could beat him myself, legit. You have much to share, please help us all by displaying your skill so we can all become better for it.

Unrelated, try not to double-click the Post Reply button, I think that's causing your plethora of double-posts.
Thing is I have NO computer knowledge of YouTube even though I read the ways to due it 10 time (no joke)

Maybe in the future
[DOUBLEPOST=1437437643,1437437594][/DOUBLEPOST]Otherwise come to my house and watch me rek moon lord with titanium armor
JK

• Fixed certain issues with the Stardust Dragon's damage and rebalanced him to be more in line with other minions

I really think they should buff Stardust Cell instead of nerfing dragon. Xeno Staff is better than the cell(higher dps even on moon lord, whict has 50 def), but it is on a lower tier.

I can see 1.3.0.7 now...

-Heart Statues no longer work during the final boss battle
-Moon Bite cancels Frozen Turtle Shell
-Charm of Myths no longer reduces Potion Sickness during the final boss battle
-If a player somehow dodges the Big Laser, a tentacle reaches out and drags him/her back into it again

Shh, don't give them any ideas

You people forget that almost every good RPG in the traditional sense has things exactly like Healing reduction, or patterns and attacks that make certain options unviable.

In Pokemon you can't just use whatever element you want. In final fantasy some bosses will reflect magic back at you, or even turn you into a zombie so healing will KILL YOU (all healing).

It only ever occurred to me to consider the invincibility exploits AFTER they patched the spikes. And again, Moon Lord isn't supposed to be "easy"; he's a final boss, you're expected to throw basically every resource you can beg, borrow, or steal into beating him. One extra-strength slugfest.

Thing is I have NO computer knowledge of YouTube even though I read the ways to due it 10 time (no joke)

Maybe in the future
Make account > Click Upload > Drag and drop video > Wait for upload

It's so simple a child could do it.
And if the ML is so easy, a child could beat him too.

So please demonstrate to us what a child can and we can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom