PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not lazy. Just find him impossible. Why does everyone that opposes a nerf call all who they don't agree with lazy. Thats awfully lazy way to approach a discussion
If you find him impossible, I'm sorry to announce that you're lazy. Because he's far, REALLY FAR from being so.

(I was heavily debating on whether or not I should post this, but honestly, I feel like I have to. Sorry if I make anyone upset with what I say in this.)

Okay, so people still seem to be complaining about difficulty. The thing is, too many games these days hold your hand through the ENTIRE game. There's not that many games these days that are difficult(The "Dark Souls" franchise is one of the few), and I believe that Terraria is one of those games that isn't afraid to bring difficulty onto the table. It's just that so many of us are used to easier games/hand holding, so we're not used to this level of difficulty, while some of us, who are veterans of older games that we have played recently/Dark Souls, we welcome the difficulty curve. Hell, even some of the people who are new to this kind of difficulty curve welcome it. Those are the people who have open minds and are willing to accept that we have to be creative and prepared for bosses like the Moon Lord, but those who aren't too keen on the difficulty feel like they "have to" cheese the bosses. At this point, I honestly think that the constant hand-holding in all of these other games have affected a lot of the people who play games like Terraria. Just accept that Terraria does have a rather big difficulty curve, and you'll do fine.
In Terraia you could die to the wall of flesh or a boss or an enemy and lose half you gold coins you been working so hard,or fail against the moon lord and cry,but you just gotta get back up

Not lazy. Just find him impossible. Why does everyone that opposes a nerf call all who they don't agree with lazy. Thats awfully lazy way to approach a discussion

Perhaps you are going into the fight, already defeated. Psychologically.

Try a more positive attitude, think yourself a prize fighter. Get knocked down, come back twice as hard. If you can keep that up, you'll be dancing on ML's grave, legit.

(I was heavily debating on whether or not I should post this, but honestly, I feel like I have to. Sorry if I make anyone upset with what I say in this.)

Okay, so people still seem to be complaining about difficulty. The thing is, too many games these days hold your hand through the ENTIRE game. There's not that many games these days that are difficult(The "Dark Souls" franchise is one of the few), and I believe that Terraria is one of those games that isn't afraid to bring difficulty onto the table. It's just that so many of us are used to easier games/hand holding, so we're not used to this level of difficulty, while some of us, who are veterans of older games that we have played recently/Dark Souls, we welcome the difficulty curve. Hell, even some of the people who are new to this kind of difficulty curve welcome it. Those are the people who have open minds and are willing to accept that we have to be creative and prepared for bosses like the Moon Lord, but those who aren't too keen on the difficulty feel like they "have to" cheese the bosses. At this point, I honestly think that the constant hand-holding in all of these other games have affected a lot of the people who play games like Terraria. Just accept that Terraria does have a rather big difficulty curve, and you'll do fine.
Nope still don't do fine ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I hail from retro games kid stop trying to seem elitist

Yeah, it was awesome the first time. Then it was again when I first did it with my friends, they hadn't seen it yet, but after that it gets kind of dull.

I don't even know how to respond to this...
Nevermind.This sh@t is starting to get really complicating and getting on my nerves

It's not getting buffed,It just makes you be more legit
I saw that line. Loki said that.

But what is "legit" on Terraria? It was supposed to be a sandbox game, right?
I don't see anyone using hacking tools that gives you infinite HP or mana to defeat (oh well, maybe someone uses that)
But what I mean is that Terraria should give you the freedom to make your own choices.
If a person wants to "stand still in a place and just click" and kill the final boss that way, he/she has the right to do so, because this is a sandbox game. (Well, at least it was SUPPOSED to be one)
If a person thinks it's too easy to kill the final boss in that "cheesy way", then he/she can kill the way he/she find more "legit".

Why do I have to accept the fact that all those tools that developers have given us before are now being destroyed?

If you find him impossible, I'm sorry to announce that you're lazy. Because he's far, REALLY FAR from being so.
I am indeed not since I made a :red: load of :red: to beat him. Just cause i ain't as 'leet' as you doesn't mean I am lazy. Get over yourself kid
[DOUBLEPOST=1437438410,1437438368][/DOUBLEPOST]
Perhaps you are going into the fight, already defeated. Psychologically.

Try a more positive attitude, think yourself a prize fighter. Get knocked down, come back twice as hard. If you can keep that up, you'll be dancing on ML's grave, legit.
Ha thanks I suppose mate. Least you aren't being condescending ^^

@Soulstiger :

So, you support them undoing every single balance/exploit/bug fix they have done?

Not every change, but yet we have to stop and ask... when is Enough going to be Enough?

He already has OHKO attacks in Expert or very close to it, his Expert-Exclusive drop entirely sucks so he's not even worth it to fight in Expert, and the changes they are trying to do to try to make him almost impossible in expert for most people affect NORMAL mode too.

So the tryhards can have their Expert Mode, but some people just wanna enjoy the easier normal mode... oh wait, each patch makes him even harder to do, to where most game mechanics flat out don't work for him unlike any other boss.

Maybe they should be buffing his REWARDS while they're at it, because right now he's quickly becoming "not worth fighting", especially not on Expert.

"Ooo, I got a gimped Gravitation Potion".

Really? That's the best they could do?

Nope still don't do fine ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I hail from retro games kid stop trying to seem elitist

If I was trying to sound elitist, I would have said that I managed to beat Dark Souls in only forty hours on my first run, while the average time is around seventy hours. If you don't believe me, you can check my steam profile.

Either way, I don't know how many times I have to say this, but the Moon Lord is easy if you're prepared and ready.

EDIT - This is the last thing I'm going to say on this matter. I'm really getting tired of people saying that the Moon Lord is too hard when in reality, he's not.

I'm really get sick of your guys' sh@t
Apparently one improper saying is enough to make you start to act aggressive towards me.
You guys make me go crazy
I'm trying not to press that ignore button with all my heart but I will if you keep being aggressive towards me.
Seriously the only thing I said is that moon lord is easy now you hate me?
Sometimes you guys make no sense...

I saw that line. Loki said that.

But what is "legit" on Terraria? It was supposed to be a sandbox game, right?
I don't see anyone using hacking tools that gives you infinite HP or mana to defeat (oh well, maybe someone uses that)
But what I mean is that Terraria should give you the freedom to make your own choices.
If a person wants to "stand still in a place and just click" and kill the final boss that way, he/she has the right to do so, because this is a sandbox game. (Well, at least it was SUPPOSED to be one)
If a person thinks it's too easy to kill the final boss in that "cheesy way", then he/she can kill the way he/she find more "legit".

Why do I have to accept the fact that all those tools that developers have given us before are now being destroyed?

Sandbox doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want with no limits. And this isn't just a sandbox game. It also has tags such as Adventure and Survival.

Yup, that's me done for the day.
You have officially :red:ed with my brain.

I'm going to go now.

Yeah, I'm done with that mess...

I am indeed not since I made a :red: load of :red: to beat him. Just cause i ain't as 'leet' as you doesn't mean I am lazy. Get over yourself kid
[DOUBLEPOST=1437438410,1437438368][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ha thanks I suppose mate. Least you aren't being condescending ^^

You are being condescending as well, this is why people don't give advice often. I agree he is being condescending and ignorant by calling people who can't beat the Moon Lord lazy, but that doesn't mean you get to turn around and condescendingly call him out on being condescending.

If I was trying to sound elitist, I would have said that I managed to beat Dark Souls in only forty hours on my first run, while the average time is around seventy hours. If you don't believe me, you can check my steam profile.

Either way, I don't know how many times I have to say this, but the Moon Lord is easy if you're prepared and ready.
I was, still couldn't do it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thing is I have NO computer knowledge of YouTube even though I read the ways to due it 10 time (no joke)

Maybe in the future
[DOUBLEPOST=1437437643,1437437594][/DOUBLEPOST]Otherwise come to my house and watch me rek moon lord with titanium armor
JK

Alas, so many talents go undiscovered because they aren't able to let the world know they exist and demonstrate said talents :\

Sandbox doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want with no limits. And this isn't just a sandbox game. It also has tags such as Adventure and Survival.

Yeah, I'm done with that mess...

You are being condescending as well, this is why people don't give advice often. I agree he is being condescending and ignorant by calling people who can't beat the Moon Lord lazy, but that doesn't mean you get to turn around and condescendingly call him out on being condescending.
Apologies but it gets on my nerves and thus I reverse it on him. I don't see fault in calling people on their :red:

He already has OHKO attacks in Expert or very close to it, his Expert-Exclusive drop entirely sucks so he's not even worth it to fight in Expert, and the changes they are trying to do to try to make him almost impossible in expert for most people affect NORMAL mode too.

So the tryhards can have their Expert Mode, but some people just wanna enjoy the easier normal mode... oh wait, each patch makes him even harder to do, to where most game mechanics flat out don't work for him unlike any other boss.

Maybe they should be buffing his REWARDS while they're at it, because right now he's quickly becoming "not worth fighting", especially not on Expert.

"Ooo, I got a gimped Gravitation Potion".

Really? That's the best they could do?

I gotta admit, these are excellent concerns; I'm kinda resentful myself that they effectively cut out lifesteal against him (when it was kind of the only thing that allowed me to SURVIVE the Cultist and the Tower runs while refining my strategy); though the invincibility stuff was definitely something I'd never considered, let alone used, and by a happy accident my setup allows me to exploit his teleportation. Even so; he's hard enough on Normal, I can't imagine doing Expert.

Make account > Click Upload > Drag and drop video > Wait for upload

It's so simple a child could do it.
And if the ML is so easy, a child could beat him too.

So please demonstrate to us what a child can and we can't.

Some just aren't really tech savvy. What one person sees as extremely easy, another sees as the most impossible thing ever. Sounds like the ML debate in a nutshell.

I gotta admit, these are excellent concerns; I'm kinda resentful myself that they effectively cut out lifesteal against him (when it was kind of the only thing that allowed me to SURVIVE the Cultist and the Tower runs while refining my strategy); though the invincibility stuff was definitely something I'd never considered, let alone used, and by a happy accident my setup allows me to exploit his teleportation. Even so; he's hard enough on Normal, I can't imagine doing Expert.
Its hell on wheels. Trust me. Totally not worth it with the expert thing. I was disappointed when I opened the treasure bag at first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom