Story The Adventures of Terrus

RushOfCold

Spazmatism
Just a disclaimer, this story is DEFINITELY WIP.. so if you notice there's only a few chapters, then there's your answer..
Anyways, time to begin the story.
Terrus.
Terrus is the main hero of the story. He is a warrior, and was the first to just start from the beginning. He was given the main mission to slay Moon Lord, and is the chosen one! Was introduced at Prologue.

Redigit.
Redigit is the lead god in the Terrarian universe. He controls the events that happen, and spawns in companions and NPCs. Was introduced at Chapter 1.

Joey the Guide.
Joey is the Guide. His job is to guide Terrus in the right direction, to victory! Was introduced at Chapter 2.

Robert the Merchant.
Robert is the Merchant. His job is to sell Terrus basic goods to help him start on his journey, and so on. Was introduced at Chapter 4.

Hannah the Nurse.
Hannah is the Nurse. Her job is to heal Terrus in his time of need, and give him assistance when injured. Was introduced at Chapter 4.

Celestia the Dryad.
Celestia is the Dryad. Her job is to guide Terrus in the fight between Dark and Light, and help him destroy the corruption once and for all! Was introduced at Chapter 6.

Yeva.
Yeva is the ranger in this story. He will fight alongside Terrus, so he's basically a virtual companion. He is highly skilled with bows and sniping. Was rescued from a Hive in the Jungle at Chapter 7 by Terrus and Celestia.
Welcome to the adventures of Terrus.
Hello, my name is Terrus.
I have been given a destiny to slay Moon Lord and let Light when the battle over light and dark.
I guess you could call this my diary.
Here you go, enjoy.
Terrus suddenly woke up from what appeared to be.. a very, very long slumber.
He was in the middle of nowhere, there was nothing but white.
Redigit appeared in front of him.
"Welcome to the world of Terraria, Terrus." Redigit welcomed.
"What..? W-Who are you!?" Terrus exclaimed.
"I am Redigit, the master of Terraria, one of the gods. You have been chosen." Redigit said.
"Chosen for what, exactly?" Terrus asked, confused.
"To defeat an ancient evil from the stars, that has been corrupting us for generations.. Moon Lord." Redigit explained.
"Sounds fun.. where do I start?" Terrus asked.
"I will spawn you in. I believe we will not see eachother again until you defeat him. Good luck, Terrus!" Redigit told Terrus.
Terrus was teleported to a spot of land on Terraria. What lied in front of him was three things; a Copper Shortsword, a Copper Pickaxe, and a Copper Axe.
"So this is Terraria.. interesting."
Terrus began to chop down trees.
A mysterious man tapped Terrus on the shoulder once he finished chopping down the second.
"Hello Terrus!" The Guide yelled!
"Who are you?" Terrus asked.
"I'm Joey the Guide, and I'm here to give you guidance." Joey explained.
Terrus: Oh, hello there. I actually have no idea what to do beyond this point.." Terrus told Joey.
Guide: Okay, so what you're going to want to do is build up a shelter." Joey told Terrus.
"Ah, alright." Terrus responded.
Terrus returned to chop more trees, then dug out some ground for his new base.
Terrus began to place some wood at the ground, when a slime appeared.
"Aww.. hey little guy.. How yo-" Terrus began to say.
The slime stuck to his leg and squeezed it.
"AAAAAHHHH!" Terrus screamed.
The Guide shot the slime with a few arrows, and it dropped in the ground. It left a few coins and gel behind.
"What in the world was that.." Terrus asked.
"That was a slime. And don't let the friendly looking creatures fool you. Terraria is full of surprises.." Joey said.
"Point taken." Terrus replied.
The guide defended Terrus while he built up the shelter.
The sun was beginning to set as he finally placed down the table and chair.
"Alright Terrus, since you've built some safe shelter, you're going to want to be careful. Many nocturnal creatures such as zombies and eyes will come for you." Joey told Terrus.
"Okay.. what can I do in the meantime?" Terrus asked.
"If you want to defend yourself better, you should head to the underground caves. There's some ore down there that could aid you in your survival." Joey explained.
Terrus nodded, and headed outside. He began digging, putting two blocks of dirt over his head.
As he dug down for a few minutes, he encountered a small cave. He spotted some slimes.
Terrus sliced a slime if half mid jump, and took out one by stomping on it. He cut the remaining slimes apart.
Then was an ore that glowed in the color of orange.. it was Copper.
Terrus went over to mine it, and he got a little pile of ore. He dug deeper.
Terrus had gotten the hang of Terraria.
He had crafted himself a sword, and was tearing off skeleton's skulls with ease. He had gotten himself a nice pile of ore, but he was lost. So he ventured deeper.
Terrus stumbled upon a granite biome.
"Huh, what's this place.." Terrus asked himself.
Terrus jumped down into a little pit of water.. and encountered a Granite Elemental.
He sliced it a few times with the sword, and went deeper.
After mining a few ores, he dug his way out of the cave and found an underground cabin.
"Wait, what..? Someone lives here!?" Terrus exclaimed.
A few rocks fell due to the loudness of his voice.
Terrus opened the door to see nothing but lots of cobwebs and a golden chest.
He opened the chest, and found a Magic Mirror.
He turned it over to see faint, carved writing.
'Gaze in the mirror, and you will be back home!'
"I still have yet to mine myself some more ores... I'll go do this later." Terrus said.
He grabbed the rest of the contents in the chest, and the chest itself, and moved lower into the caves.
After a few hours of digging, he had a whole load of ore, and he managed to find himself some climbing claws.
Terrus climbed up a wall to see a marble cave.
He went into the cave, and a few Hoplites appeared. They started to throw Javelins.
Terrus dodged the Javelins, and he beheaded a Hoplite. One Javelin hit him, but he held another Hoplite with his Copper Pickaxe, and stuck the sword in his ribs.
The Hoplite fell on the floor, as Terrus picked up a pile of Javelins.
He removed the Javelin from his chest, screeching in pain, but he ventured deeper into the cave. He found a Life Crystal.
He looked at the object in wonder. Then he was suddenly turned to stone.
Medusa had looked him right in the eyes.
Medusa punched him in the face a couple of times.
Terrus broke out of the rocks and jabbed Medusa in the eye.
As Medusa started to hiss, he looked away and slit her throat.
Terrus ran back the way he came.
Terrus looked into the mirror, and he was back to the surface in a matter of seconds.
Terrus was back at home.
He opened the door to see two new people in his house.
"Hey Terrus!" Robert greeted.
"Welcome home, Terrus." Hannah greeted.
"How do you people know my name?" Terrus asked, scared.
"Well Terrus, Redigit sends down virtual people like us, to assist you in your journey.. after completing certain tasks. So, meet Joey the Merchant, and Hannah the Nurse!" Joey explained.
"So I think your next goal, now that you're going to be properly equipped, is to take down the Eye of Cthulhu." Joey said.
"Also.. what's this?" Terrus asked.
Terrus gives the Life Crystal to the guide.
"This is a Life Crystal. It is said if you raise it above your head, your vitality is strengthened." Joey explained.
"Awesome!" Terrus exclaimed.
Terrus raised it to the ceiling and he felt a surge of energy flow through his veins.
Guide: You need to find 14 more of those, then you will be the next Superman, I suppose." Joey claimed.
Joey winked.
"Hey Terrus, I'm selling some useful gadgets. Want some?" Robert said.
Terrus nodded and looked through his inventory.
Terrus took the Mining Helmet and gave him 6 gold.
Terrus ran outside.
He ran across the hills until he saw purple grass. He saw an Eater of Souls flying towards him, as he started to run away. He sliced it in half with the sword. He then saw the purple grass slowly took over the normal grass.
The sun set.
Terrus quickly retreated home.
He sorted through his ores and crafted them into bars using his newly crafted furnace. He crafted an anvil then crafted himself some Iron armor.
"I feel some evil presence watching me... Meh, I bet it's nothing." Terrus told himself.
"Hey guidey! Want to have a staring contest?" Terrus asked.
The Guide and Terrus stared at eachother for about 30 seconds.
"Ha! You bli-" Terrus yelled.
The back wall smashed open to reveal a giant eyeball.
Everyone screamed and scattered.
Terrus was running as fast as he could, as he started to throw his wooden boomerang at the eye.
The eye charged forward, knocking Terrus on his back. Then the eye charged upward and launched him upwards.
Terrus pulled out his new iron broadsword and stabbed the Eye of Cthulhu in the retina.
The eye screeched and dropped Terrus to the ground.
Terrus got up as the eye went for another charge. He pointed up his sword, and created a huge gash along the left side of his eye.
The eye screeched once more.
As the eye went for yet another attack, Terrus held up his hand.
"Hey big guy, wanna do a staring contest?" Terrus teased.
2 minutes later...
"Okay, this is getting boring.." Terrus said.
Terrus stabbed the eye in the retina as it squealed.
The retina popped out and revealed a giant gaping mouth with sharp teeth.
"This is the most disgusting thing I've e-" Terrus started to say.
The eye chopped him directly in the middle.
Terrus began to bleed out, but then time suddenly froze.
Everything went black.
Redigit appeared.
"Terrus. You can do this. You must stop this vile creature, or he will kill you and all of your friends." Redigit said, then vanished.
Terrus suddenly got up and finished the eye with one last swing.
The eye puffed up then exploded into pieces.
Purple ore lied on the ground.
He picked it up and returned to base.
The dryad was in the room.
"Hello, Terrus. So you killed that big eye?"
Terrus opened his mouth to speak, then the nurse ran through the door.
"Terrus! Are you okay?" Hannah asked, concerned.
"Yeah I-.." Terrus began to say.
The Nurse bandaged his chest.
"U-um.. thanks." said Terrus, somewhat startled.
The Nurse went to go look for the guide.
"So yes, I killed the eye, so what?" asked Terrus.
"Well you did a good and bad thing." claimed Celestia.
"Well, I suppose I should tell you a little story." Celestia told Terrus.
The Dryad cleared her throat.
"So many years ago.. There was two sides. Light and dark. We were evenly matched. The light and the dark wars changed a lot of things. Places turned into living nightmares and fairytales, but with no prevail, neither of us got anywhere. But the dark side found a prevail. After the dark lord, Veiluus, spoke with the biome lords, they surrendered their swords to the dark side. Then Veiluus combined a sword of the Grass, Fire, Water, and then their own sword, Light's Bane. They combined it into a very powerful weapon which ended us. When we found out, we made the Excalibur, but we had only one hero to wield it. Veiluus made copies of the Night's Edge and had 5 warriors, while we had one. Therefor the dark side took over, then sealed away light. Only a few of us escaped, and one of the guardians, you just killed. His name is the Eye of Cthulhu. You still have yet to kill the other few guardians. The Eater of Worlds, guardian of blight. Queen Bee, guardian of the jungle, Skeletron, guardian of the dungeon, and the water. And finally, the Wall of Flesh, guardian of fire and the hallow. The Eye of Cthulhu was only their first line of defense. With him down, you now have a chance to wield that weapon, and bring back the light.. and eventually banish the dark." Celestia explained.
"Wow, okay. So, what swords do I have left to get?" Terrus asked.
"I'd recommend going down to the Jungle first to take down the Queen Bee. Then you can grab the Blade of Grass. Veiluus will start to take notice once you down the Eater of Worlds, which you'll probably need to take down Skeletron." Celestia said.
"Alright, sounds good." Terrus replied.
"I think I'll come with you. I know these places inside and out, they used to be our battlefield." Celestia said.
Terrus: Okay, to the jungle!
So in about 25 minutes, they arrived at the jungle. Terrus sliced up a few Jungle Bats and slimes as he looked for an entrance to the underground jungle.
"So what exactly am I looking for?" asked Terrus.
"All ya gotta do is kill the Queen Bee, located in one of those giant hives. Then you can go kill some hornets and gather some herbs from the jungle to make the sword." explained Celestia.
Terrus and the Dryad looked for 5 minutes and found an Ivy Temple. He grabbed the Anklet of the Wind inside and slipped it on one of his legs.
After 20 more minutes of taking down hornets and Man Eaters, they spotted the hive.
When Terrus mined a block of the hive with his new Iron pick, a swarm of bees came out.
"NOT THE BEES!" screamed Terrus.
Terrus went ballistic and started throwing bombs and stumbled back then fell over. He was swatting the bees out of his face as a swarm attacked him.
Celestia held up her Dirt Wand and got a dirt block to sweep away the bees.
"Seriously, you can't handle a few bees? Come on Terrus." teased Celestia.
"Give me a break, I just got here two days ago.. now I find myself in a jungle full of giant bees!" complained Terrus.
"Yeah, whatever.." said Celestia.
Terrus went up and then the Queen Bee attacked.
Terrus was swatted backward immediately into the honey below. The Dryad turned her Dirt Rod into a Dirt Machine Gun and started firing dirt at the Queen Bee. Terrus got up, feeling hyperactive, and quickly slashed the Queen bee as it shot out swarms of bees.
"Die you vile demons!" Terrus yelled.
After a few seconds he felt woozy and lost his energy. He swung somewhat sluggishly, and eventually finished off the bee.
"What was that stuff I fell into?" asked Terrus.
"That was honey. In this realm, it has special powers that boost your vitality and recovery. You should drink some, sometime." Celestia suggested.
"Anyway, let's take out some giant hornets.. I'm done with these :red: bees!" Terrus shouted.
"Wait!" a voice yelled.
Terrus and Celestia looked back.
They ran over to see someone trapped by a thick coat of honey.
Celestia used her dirt rod to turn the honey to dirt, and he broke out with ease.
"Thank you guys for saving me. Hi, I'm Yeva." Yeva thanked.
"I'm Terrus, and this is Celestia. Nice to meet you." Terrus greeted.
They all shook hands.
The 3 walked out, and ventured into the jungle.
So the gang was taking down giant hornets and jungle herbs.
Then they saw a mysterious temple made out of a very tough brick, chlorophyte brick.
They saw two men dressed in Tiki armor.
"You may not pass." When they looked at Terrus and Yeva.
Terrus raised the Light's Bane and stabbed one of them. So then a full-on battle broke out.
The 2nd guard countered and swat Terrus with his Staff and summoned pygmies.
Yeva began to fire flaming arrows at the pygmies as they started to burn. The guards summoned a tornado of leaves and shot it at Yeva. Yeva fell to the ground, unconscious.
"TEII RA MUUL!" They both shouted.
A swarm of moss hornets attacked them, as Terrus and Celestia fought back.
Terrus ran in full speed with Celestia, and they both finished the guards.
"Whew, that was a close one." Terrus sighed with relief.
"Umm.. look at Yeva." Celestia said.
Terrus slapped Yeva and he woke straight up.
"Ow... ;(" Yeva whimpered.
"Let's just continue on into the temple." Celestia said.
They broke down the door and began to fight legions of Moss Hornets and Man Eaters. Along with Jungle warriors and sorcerers.
Terrus threw his Wooden YoYo and two guys fell to the ground.
Yeva got out two copper bows and shot flaming arrows.
Celestia had her Dirtmachine Gun and was rapid firing dirt everywhere.
Terrus started to corrupt the hornets with his Light's Bane.
It was an infection that spread to all creatures in the room. As they all disintegrated into a pile of dark purple dust on the ground.
"Whoa.. what was that." Terrus gasped.
"That's the true power of light's bane. That's why Night's Edge is so powerful." Celestia explained.
"Point taken" Terrus said.
They ventured deeper into the temple when they spotted the throne room.
"So, you are here for the Blade of Grass, aren't you." The King said.
"Hell yeah I am!" Terrus yelled.
The King held out the Blade of Grass as Terrus walked towards him.
"SIKE!" The King skewered Terrus and he fell to the ground, rolling down the stairs.
Terrus turned green, and more pale.
Celestia used her ward to defend him as he was revived by per powers.
"Alright, let's get this blade." Celestia said.
Six men in full chlorophyte armor along with the king sprung into battle.
The chlorophyte metal seemed to be extremely tough, and was very hard to pierce.
Celestia summoned her De-Ward spell, and made it as low as possible.
The gang sprung into battle.
The Chlorophyte army seemed to have crazy weapons that shot dangerous projectiles along with a few archers and sorcerers, Along with powerful wings and boots.
Terrus pinned down an archer, took off his helmet and slit his throat.
Terrus countered the sorcerer behind him and hit him across the head with his Nettle Burst.
Yeva fired arrows at the other warriors and archer, as they all started to flee while burning.
Four men down, as Celestia uppercut one of them with her dirt hammer.
Yeva fired arrows at the last one and Terrus beheaded him.
"Bravo, bravo.. that was ver-" The King was interrupted as he was beheaded by Terrus.
He dropped the Blade of Grass on the ground.
"Woo!" Terrus and Yeva highfived eachother.
"Alright guys, let's go home." Terrus said.
They all looked in the mirror and returned.

More to come soon!

Last edited:
Chapter two has been completed.

Good story so far need a cliffhanger at the end of some of these chapters to make em more interesting and stuff though Zen
Also maybe introduce a couple of characters in the next few chapters so its not all Terrus did This and Terrus did that and also say Terrus a bit less

Hello? Support?
And yes I'm sorry if this story is boring but it will begin to pick up after this next chapter.

Hello? Support?
And yes I'm sorry if this story is boring but it will begin to pick up after this next chapter.
No one here reads anything in the literature forums. If they like ebooks they go to a place like Wattpad. I'm not entirely sure why they added literature to the arts section of these forums if no one spends any time here.

Unless you follow the story of @Samrux of course.

No one here reads anything in the literature forums. If they like ebooks they go to a place like Wattpad. I'm not entirely sure why they added literature to the arts section of these forums if no one spends any time here.

Unless you follow the story of @Samrux of course.
Well, that is too much of an honor.

My best wishes for your story, Zen. I'm not in the mood to read now though.

Unless your story is called Story of a Paladin. In that case you get about 100 alerts on just that story.

Uh, not really. I'm not even writing anymore.
I wouldn't know. But I can assure you, when you did write, that was the only time people ever visited the literature section. For nothing else. And when you still updated your story I can assure you, you gained 50+ alerts in two hours or a day.

Well Samrux, I salute you and your story skills. Maybe you should help me out.
Your story doesn't really appear to be a story. More of a script really. You need more action and you need to execute dialogue. Samrux can't necessarily help you there.

Back
Top Bottom