Biomes & Nature Amber Generation in the Jungle

Should amber generate in the underground jungle?

• Yes.

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • No.

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
I simply suggest that amber should drop from trees in the underground jungle at a 33% chance, as well as the amber mosquito at a 0.08% chance.
September 7th, 2015 - Changed amber drop to 33% chance and added chance for amber mosquito.

Last edited:
Why not? Amber itself is largely useless except for Gemspark, and the staff, and it only comes from the extractonator, These seems fine to me.

I think that amber should instead be found in the underground desert, spawning as commonly as other gems would in the caverns.

Because really, the underground desert is the most useless place I've ever laid my eyes on, five mobs killed and I have all the mandibles I ever need and dinosaur armour (in my opinion) is unbelievably useless at the time you're able to actually get it.

I think that amber should instead be found in the underground desert, spawning as commonly as other gems would in the caverns.

Because really, the underground desert is the most useless place I've ever laid my eyes on, five mobs killed and I have all the mandibles I ever need and dinosaur armour (in my opinion) is unbelievably useless at the time you're able to actually get it.

It would fit the color scheme, but you know... amber...

But the amber staff... just LOOK AT IT...

Attachments

• Amber_Staff.png
    Amber_Staff.png
    352 bytes · Views: 335
Amber being fossilized tree sap, true. Some estimates I could find online indicated that the transition from sap to amber takes well in the millions of years, a few figures citing 2-10 million.

So while Amber does come from trees, and the desert has no trees, its very much likely that once upon a time, that desert WAS once a forest like that, while the currently thriving jungle is unlikely to have been there for such along period of time, and thus, amber from said contemporary jungle is unlikely to be present.

Of course, this is also Terraria, where drinking water while drowning heals you, and legendary metal can be used to make bubblegum, so what do I know. :p

Last edited:
Oh dear, I had NO IDEA, THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME, I MADE SUCH A FOOL OUT OF MYSELF, WHY OH WHY DIDN'T I REALIZE THAT HE MEANT THE DESERT???

Spazmatism, please stop being a spaz.

But seriously, why not just craft it with Desert Fossil (not the hardened ones from the Extractinator) and Hardened Honey. That way it incorperates both the jungle and the desert and makes enough re-logical sense to be in Terraria.

So while Amber does come from trees, and the desert has no trees, its very much likely that once upon a time, that desert WAS once a forest like that, while the currently thriving jungle is unlikely to have been there for such along period of time, and thus, amber from said contemporary jungle is unlikely to be present.

I like to think of the jungle as being extremely old. Just look at the lihzahrd temple!

Of course, with the 1.3 beta out for mac, I realize that amber would fit perfectly into the underground desert.

Well judging by all the hardened bricks and ruined structures I'd say it's at least a day old
Yeah, but that could have happened over a thousand years, and trust me, it would still be a jungle, or else Europe would be an island or something by now, with that logic.

Yeah, but that could have happened over a thousand years, and trust me, it would still be a jungle, or else Europe would be an island or something by now, with that logic.

Whatever. >_<

This is terraria, the game where drinking water underwater heals you and goldfish walk around while its raining.

I just think that it would make more sense than the desert or anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom