Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

Is there a way (or can you create a way) to change damage numbers of weapons (or things like lifesteal numbers on Vamp Knives?) But have like a "slide" with a max number (like 200 or something). I really want to use the Breaker Blade as an endgame weapon (b/c huge swords are my favorite kind and that's a huge freakin' sword). I just really need something like this in my life.
not at all possible with a save editor. when tccl updates you could change the sprite, or when tmod is finished you could make one

Is there a way (or can you create a way) to change damage numbers of weapons (or things like lifesteal numbers on Vamp Knives?) But have like a "slide" with a max number (like 200 or something). I really want to use the Breaker Blade as an endgame weapon (b/c huge swords are my favorite kind and that's a huge freakin' sword). I just really need something like this in my life.
Alas, the only information stored is what item it is (ID), how much there is (quantity), and the prefix.

However, that can be done via plugins, and I've made a plugin for TerraPatcher.
So you would run the program to patch Terraria.exe with plugin support (you probably want to untick everything but "plugin support" and clear the "persistent buff" list), then you would drop the plugin source file,
https://gist.github.com/YellowAfterlife/1edaa4060191823ee366 (click "View Raw" and save-as)
to the Terraria/Plugins (TerrariaPatcher should make that directory)
and then you can make a "ItemConf.ini" (if you don't, a empty one will be made on game start) and add stuff like this to it
Code:
[item426]
name=Breaker Blade Plus
damage=78
usetime=20
scale=1.3
knockback=12
(426 is Breaker Blade' item ID, you can find them on wiki or Terranion)

Can we get a preview of the cloth style for males and females? Right now you can change them, but 1 2 3 and 4 are not very intuitive and don't tell me much about how it looks in game.

Can we get a preview of the cloth style for males and females? Right now you can change them, but 1 2 3 and 4 are not very intuitive and don't tell me much about how it looks in game.
I'm planning to -- the current system was only made to support two styles and I need to redo it almost entirely because I did not anticipate any changes to that section.

DUDE, I'd like a mod that lets you rename items in the game, temporarily of course. I have some twisted names for some of them... :naughty:
not possible with terrsavr.
its a save editor, that isn't part of the save. it simply can't be done.

maybe with this? ;)
Alas, the only information stored is what item it is (ID), how much there is (quantity), and the prefix.

So you would run the program to patch Terraria.exe with plugin support (you probably want to untick everything but "plugin support" and clear the "persistent buff" list), then you would drop the plugin source file,
https://gist.github.com/YellowAfterlife/1edaa4060191823ee366 (click "View Raw" and save-as)
and then you can make a "ItemConf.ini" (if you don't, a empty one will be made on game start) and add stuff like this to it
Code:
[item426]
name=Breaker Blade Plus
damage=78
usetime=20
scale=1.3
knockback=12

I know but would be cool if Yellow could make something like that. :p
Well I did, and that post was quoted to you - it's per-item-type renaming and you can also tweak some stats if you please.
itemconf_1507201.png

DUDE, I'd like a mod that lets you rename items in the game, temporarily of course. I have some twisted names for some of them... :naughty:
So, you want something similar to what Minecraft does: rename items using the anvil in Minecraft. Maybe you could suggest that to the Terraria developers instead? I'm sure they could come up with a nifty way to do it, they did give us a way to make water change colors, why not have a way to truly personalize your character, and maybe provide that bonus to those who like to play the role of a blacksmith?

Incredible! what an awesome job, the inventory editor works perfectly, I'm using the Terranion page as well and now I can't live without them, thank you very much, keep up the good work! (disabled my adblock for both pages so you get all the ad revenue, tho I feel sorry I can't donate and support your amazing job :( )

Code:
[item426]
name=Breaker Blade Plus
damage=78
usetime=20
scale=1.3
knockback=12

You should notify transcend about your plugin, He might put it on the front page with the other plugins. Also, does this let us change holdstyle as well??

You should notify transcend about your plugin, He might put it on the front page with the other plugins. Also, does this let us change holdstyle as well??
I did (two posts on that page), but they did not seem to pay much attention. Maybe it's not cool/large enough or something.
It did not support holdStyle, but I've just updated it to support it (same link). If you know the desired' variable name and have some minimal understanding of how programming languages work, you can also add support for any existing variable by yourself quite easily - it's a matter of adding a line of code in 3 places.
Generally I think this kind of thing has potential - if it was to also allow customizing shops/recipes/projectiles and maybe have some sort of editor (to avoid having to put in all these things by hand) it would be rather cool. But then it'd also take quite longer to make. Maybe I'll look into that in August or so.

trub shoot tr.PNG

When I tried to load my file I said this. Am I doing something wrong?
(Sorry if I'm being completely stupid)

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    444.3 KB · Views: 651
Will you ever make this have basic support for player files from modded versions? I don't like giving something to my Nterraria charactor and having them reset to level 1

View attachment 66608
When I tried to load my file I said this. Am I doing something wrong?
(Sorry if I'm being completely stupid)
Does anything change if you use the flash version?
Will you ever make this have basic support for player files from modded versions? I don't like giving something to my Nterraria charactor and having them reset to level 1
Quite possibly. The catch is that I currently have to make a slightly different version of Terrasavr for each mod of interest because it is not adapted to allow for mod-specific variations in file format and UI.
Also it's a bit of a gamble - for example, I have spent a handful of time making a version of the editor for tAPI but it only has a tiny fraction of popularity of the main version.
But beyond everything else first it's best to wait for N Terraria to update to 1.3 so that I won't have to go through the trouble of figuring out major format changes.

Until then you could make a "courier" character, which you would load with items and then drop them off in some chest for your main character to pick up.

Back
Top Bottom