XInput GamePad Support Mod [Pre-1.3]

can anyone please help a total newb. I have no idea which files to download or where/how to install them can someone give me an idiots guide or link to what I need to do

The link situation is a bit confusing.

Media fire link is the mod and game launcher 3 is the other link that is required.

It names one of them by who's hosting it and then bullets under it another link with the name of the program.

Question here from a complete dunce - where can I always find the latest versions of the required programs for this mod?

As a persistent RSI sufferer I'd love to give it a try with my 360 controller.

Or am I going to hit a brick wall regarding compatibility with the latest (Steam) release of Terraria?

Question here from a complete dunce - where can I always find the latest versions of the required programs for this mod?

As a persistent RSI sufferer I'd love to give it a try with my 360 controller.

Or am I going to hit a brick wall regarding compatibility with the latest (Steam) release of Terraria?

You might need to wait a bit since the update to 1.3.0.6 just came out. Meowmaritus is pretty good when it comes to patching new stuff in though. So the beta version will probably be back up relatively soon. I have something different, but I can sympathize with you on this. I've decided to wait until the finished version, because I can still play the game well enough. If that's not an option for you, then I hope this current version gets updated soon.

It's not as good as Meowmaritus' mod, but Pinnacle Game Profiler is something I find useful for other games without controller support. It might be something to look into if you find other games you want to play, but don't have controller support.

Many thanks for the info and tips, I really appreicate it.

Where is the Beta version of the program usually located (just so as I know where to look in anticipation of it coming out).

Will take a look at Pinnacle Game Profiler too.

Many thanks for the info and tips, I really appreicate it.

Where is the Beta version of the program usually located (just so as I know where to look in anticipation of it coming out).

Will take a look at Pinnacle Game Profiler too.

Usually there is a link to it on the first page of this thread. IIRC there is also a link to it whenever Meowmaritus gives details on the updates. My memory can be bad at times, so I could be wrong on that one.

Oh I'm not hassling, I'm just puzzled about downloading whatever is the latest release - over the pages in this thread people have mentioned downloading particular versions which I don't see a link to on the front page, so I was wondering where those versions were downloaded from.

One day. It seems that terraria seems like a very simple game but in actuality it is one of the most difficult games to make updates for. Which is why updates for anything takes up to a year

Oh I'm not hassling, I'm just puzzled about downloading whatever is the latest release - over the pages in this thread people have mentioned downloading particular versions which I don't see a link to on the front page, so I was wondering where those versions were downloaded from.
The version some were using was just a very buggy, very :red:ty, unfinished build for 1.3. I'm working on the final release for the latest version of the mod and I'll upload it and update the front page and all that when I do. But for now, I honestly wouldn't even reccommend using the WIP build; it's really bad.
Less than half of the features in it even work:red:. Just please be patient and allow me some time to get the final version done. :redspin:

is this coming to 1.3?
Yes. I've been updating the :red: out of the mod, don't worry.

One day. It seems that terraria seems like a very simple game but in actuality it is one of the most difficult games to make updates for. Which is why updates for anything takes up to a year
Well that's mainly because, when you decompile this game's source code in order to modify it, you have to fix around 600 random little typos in the code that the decompiler generates by mistake.
It takes forever and it really sucks :red2:

So uhh, I just wanna mention that I have the mod working on 1.3.0.7 already. And sorry, but it's not going to support Mac or Linux ever because XInput = Microsoft etc etc...

Also, as I finish the various things on my to-do list for the release version, I'll be crossing them off the list in this post.

Also, since I'm helping with that new modding API I mentioned, this mod will most likely be ported to that (more details later).

I always get an error when I try to run XGSM.exe in my Terraria folder after I installed. This is what comes up:

---------------------------
Terraria: Error
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\CraftButton". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\CraftButton.xnb". File not found.

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)

at Terraria.Main.LoadContent() in c:\Game Projects\XGSM\1.2.4.1\GreenCat77.XGSM\Terraria\Main.cs:line 5282

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()

at Terraria.Main.Initialize() in c:\Game Projects\XGSM\1.2.4.1\GreenCat77.XGSM\Terraria\Main.cs:line 5078

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()

at Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\Game Projects\XGSM\1.2.4.1\GreenCat77.XGSM\Terraria\Program.cs:line 71
OK

Pls halp

I always get an error when I try to run XGSM.exe in my Terraria folder after I installed. This is what comes up:

Terraria: Error
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\CraftButton". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\CraftButton.xnb". File not found.

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)

at Terraria.Main.LoadContent() in c:\Game Projects\XGSM\1.2.4.1\GreenCat77.XGSM\Terraria\Main.cs:line 5282

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()

at Terraria.Main.Initialize() in c:\Game Projects\XGSM\1.2.4.1\GreenCat77.XGSM\Terraria\Main.cs:line 5078

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()

at Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\Game Projects\XGSM\1.2.4.1\GreenCat77.XGSM\Terraria\Program.cs:line 71
OK

Pls halp
It doesn't work with 1.3 yet.

Back
Top Bottom