Other Art Terraria dungeon in Minecraft

ElTodoFull

Terrarian
DOWNLOAD:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/maps/2503077-terraria-dungeon-in-minecraft

Hello, i was playing Terraria during these 2 weeks, and i got inspired to make the dungeom from Terraria to Minecraft.

It wasn't that easy because i needed to map the 2D dungeon in my brain and make it 3D.

I made it as close as possible to the actual dungeon. it's a 1:50 ratio (4 tiles=1Block) but i needed to make some exceptions to fit the blocks in the areas.

Here are some Pics:

AAiVccc.png

pPpuyMW.png

ZvSdFcG.png

rV4LI7d.png

8yoKtNb.png

aCdp2uv.png

VVy4zgR.png

DMsNegG.png

q8Frz9D.png

A View of the Terraria dungeon:
Wnb4PXP.png

A Sideview of the half of the Minecraft dungeon
t28n81n.png

Underground Interior:
New screenshots!
EkLKPDc.png

RaInskZ.png

LJDB6Mf.png

BmMmWqa.png

MwvICUs.png

Pay attention to the banners!

Video:

Also correct me if i have a misspell, i speak spanish.
Thanks for visiting!

Last edited:
Right now i'm working in the underground:
5OZVzzq.png

As you can see, there's nothing more than torches. in the future i will add banners, traps and even skeleton spawners!
I will upload this map, when you play it (if you want) make sure to test everything you could test in Terraria! ;)

This is awesome. Minecraft doesn't have spikes though, and cactus doesn't deal much damage. What will be your alternative?

He could always mod in spikes :p
Yes, but that would ruin the whole effect of making terraria's dungeon in vanilla minecraft.

Perhaps he could do something like place iron bars on the ground with tripwire surrounding it, and the tripwire hook will connect to a command block that inflicts damage on the player?

Yes, but that would ruin the whole effect of making terraria's dungeon in vanilla minecraft.

Perhaps he could do something like place iron bars on the ground with tripwire surrounding it, and the tripwire hook will connect to a command block that inflicts damage on the player?

Why would it not being vanilla ruin the effect?

Because with mods you can just create an algorithm for generating a dungeon, such as minecraft's ocean dungeon - it completely ruins the effects of building it in vanilla minecraft. Anyone can build something like that with modding knowledge. However making such a thing legit? That is very hard and impressive.

Because with mods you can just create an algorithm for generating a dungeon, such as minecraft's ocean dungeon - it completely ruins the effects of building it in vanilla minecraft. Anyone can build something like that with modding knowledge. However making such a thing legit? That is very hard and impressive.

Well, first off... creating something to generate the dungeon would be impressive. It's also entirely different than modding in a type of block to use... How does him adding in a type of block that is missing from the game to create a closer replica make his building it less impressive? Also, it's entirely possible he inventory editted/creative mode to build it. Does that make it less "legit" as well?

Edit: Also, you are pretty much completely downplaying what it would take to "just create an algorithm for generating a dungeon" that "anyone can build."

Its very easy to replicate spikes in minecraft without mods. Just a bit of command block wizardry

I haven't kept up with minecraft. I think I last played in 1.8(?) it was right before they added The Wither or whatever.

Even so, no matter which way he replicates spikes is fine.

I haven't kept up with minecraft. I think I last played in 1.8(?) it was right before they added The Wither or whatever.

Even so, no matter which way he replicates spikes is fine.
Wither was added in 1.4.something, and were expecting 1.9 very soon

Back
Top Bottom