What is your opinion about Drill Mount?

What do you think about that Drill?

• It's awesome! SO MUCH DESTRUCTION!

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • It is good

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I wasted too much bars to create that... thing \ It's probably a waste of ore

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I haven't made it and I won't!

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MitBoy

Terrarian
I haven't crafted it, but I think it kinda... suck?
Seriously, give me a reason why I should waste 40 luminite and 120 chlorophyte bars on rocket launcher that can't even destroy walls?
Personally, I use shroomite digging claw for fast mining, laser drill for accurate mining and I have rocket launcher with Eclipse rockets in piggy bank. I killed Moon Lord, like, ten times already and I still don't see a reason why I should make that drill. I'd rather to have 800 cool looking blocks than that piece of gardbage.

I've made two. In the same sitting.

They are a pain in the :red: to make, but the feeling of accomplishment afterwards combined with the pure fun of drilling everything to bits is worth it IMO.

drilling everything to bits is worth it IMO.
Personally, I hate destruction. Why the couldn't make a single item, single that instead of total destruction gives creation? A single item that could allow us to place 4 blocks at once, like in starbound?

Personally, I hate destruction. Why the couldn't make a single item, single that instead of total destruction gives creation? A single item that could allow us to place 4 blocks at once, like in starbound?
It sure isn't useful, but it was fun to drill a 10 block wide hellevator in 10 minutes. I prefer the unicorn mount though.

I'd say craft it for the sake of crafting it.

Useful for:
  • Making a long cart track tunnels.
  • Creating huge chasms for underground castles.
  • Destroying floating islands fast.
  • Getting more blocks for my world from other sacrifice worlds.
  • Feeling good erasing a world.

Now if only they could make a block placer like how the drill mount mines blocks, that would be perfect.

Again, it's for the decorations, decoration mount have no right to cost so much.
It's the fastest method of mining still, no?
You can gets stacks upon stacks of blocks within seconds.

It's kind of a novelty item, anyway. It's not part of the actual progression.

It's the fastest method of mining still, no?
You can gets stacks upon stacks of blocks within seconds.

It's kind of a novelty item, anyway. It's not part of the actual progression.
I'm pretty sure that shroomite claw could be faster.

So again, Eclipse rockets is even more faster.
Can't mine Lihzarhd Bricks or other explosion-proof blocks, though.
And rockets take up more inventory space than a single Drill.
And they have a tendency of homing into enemies rather than where you're shooting.

I really like it, it makes digging out the entire Jungle Temple so much easier. Just fly around mining all the blocks while the Stardust Dragon hopefully kills the Flying Snakes and occasionally jumping out to shoot them yourself since even with a lot of defence they still do almost a quarter of your max health on Expert worlds.

as any mount the drill mount is useful sometimes, for example if you want to build an arena flatten out to build something or you need to collect resources, but I think you waste too much chlorophyte...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom