Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a reboot the Linux box is now seeing 1.8–2.0 MB/sec download speed. Much better! No changes needed. Go figure.

How does someone who bought the game through GOG opt into the beta? No instructions are provided.
Unfortunately, since we are using Steam's beta functionality to distribute the open beta only those who have purchased the Steam version are eligible. However, we plan to move things quickly and be out of open beta very quickly! Stay tuned for updates and Linux / Mac support will come to GoG as soon as it's ready!

Hi, I tried the linux beta, and with arch and my computer (Intel celeron [email protected]*2cores, 4Gb ram, Intel HD graphics) I can't play in my system: archlinux x64, everything to the latest version. I add a video of me trying to play terraria and playing another game:

I launched it via console and sayed something about problems with vsync, going back to default. What can I do? Thanks for your help

Hi, I tried the linux beta, and with arch and my computer (Intel celeron [email protected]*2cores, 4Gb ram, Intel HD graphics) I can't play in my system: archlinux x64, everything to the latest version. I add a video of me trying to play terraria and playing another game:

I launched it via console and sayed something about problems with vsync, going back to default. What can I do? Thanks for your help
Please report this in the social group for Mac & Linux Open Beta.

We will assist you with the issue there - Thanks!

Hi, Anyone Have The Same Problem.
NO MUSIC :"(
I Cant Seem To Find The Problem.
Re-downloaded Terraria and even reset it 5 times.
Music Is On 100% And Sound Works Perfectly But Music Does Not.

Hope you all don't find too many issues!

Edit:

Also, Steam may take a moment to list these changes. So be patient!

1st let me say thank you for your services in getting the beta out. I know Loki and the team were probably getting tired of Mac owners asking about the Mac/Linux version.

Downloaded the beta and have created my character and world as of this post and am ready to play! I'm curious to know if this game does or will support PS3 or PC controller? If not no big deal for seeing the title screen on my Mac for the first time is just so freaking awesome! Will do my best to report any and everything that I may see wrong in the beta build ;)

Does anyone know how I can put in my old characters from pc into mac
You should be able to use cloud saving, or you can use dropbox or something similar. The files should go in <user>/My Games/Terraria/Players or /Worlds

Hi, Anyone Have The Same Problem.
NO MUSIC :"(
I Cant Seem To Find The Problem.
Re-downloaded Terraria and even reset it 5 times.
Music Is On 100% And Sound Works Perfectly But Music Does Not.
This has already been reported in the social group for Mac & Linux Open Beta. - Please join and watch the threads with issues pertaining to you or add your own comments to them.

The Game Installs nothing, i get the error "Failed to Started the game (missing executable)"
Opted for Beta again, isn'ti work
Restart Steam, isn't work
can someone help me?

The Game Installs nothing, i get the error "Failed to Started the game (missing executable)"
Opted for Beta again, isn'ti work
Restart Steam, isn't work
can someone help me?
This has already been reported in the social group for Mac & Linux Open Beta. - Please join and watch the threads with issues pertaining to you or add your own comments to them.

So I managed to launch both server and client, and it worked, which is already more than some of the games in my steam roster :) Will do more testing tomorrow.

I hope you'll assemble a dedicated server package, because I couldn't understand which libs exactly are needed for it. I copied them all, which may be an overkill.

So I managed to launch both server and client, and it worked, which is already more than some of the games in my steam roster :) Will do more testing tomorrow.

I hope you'll assemble a dedicated server package, because I couldn't understand which libs exactly are needed for it. I copied them all, which may be an overkill.
hmm. The dedicated server is included with the beta and you shouldn't need to copy anything anywhere.

just
Code:
./<steamdir>/steamapps/common/Terraria/TerrariaServer

Does anyone know how I can put in my old characters from pc into mac

Move the the folders

~\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players
~\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds

from your other computer into the folder

~/Library/Application Support/Terraria

on your Mac.

Note: The tilde represents the path to your home folder. Press shift-command-H to open your home folder in Finder.

Last edited:
hmm. The dedicated server is included with the beta and you shouldn't need to copy anything anywhere.

just
Code:
./<steamdir>/steamapps/common/Terraria/TerrariaServer

Do you know if it's feasible to run the dedicated server software on a Linux box without Steam - i.e. without going through the Steam install of Terraria itself? I'm hitting an error that I'm missing Kernel32 when I try to run TerrariaServer.exe directly with Mono (just downloaded the dedicated server package). Totally understand if that's not a scenario you care about right now, but I figure it might be as simple as grabbing some package, so i figured I'd check :)

Thanks for all the work you guys put in here!

Yes, but the problem is is that I can't find <user>/My Games/Terraria/Players or /Worlds
EDIT: sorry about that last part. I'm new to the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom