Which do you find more disturbing: The Corruption or The Crimson?

Which do you find more disturbing?

• The Corruption

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The Crimson

Votes: 50 96.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crimson, easily. The sounds are so creepy and the whole area is just way more foreboding than the Corruption. I find myself much less motivated to eradicate the Corruption than the Crimson.
But honestly, if we're on scary biomes, the Glowing Mushroom biome freaks me out for no good reason.
Haha, agreed. I hate passing through my surface one. I don't like how the whole sky goes black and then straight-up weird music plays.

Crimson, easily. The sounds are so creepy and the whole area is just way more foreboding than the Corruption. I find myself much less motivated to eradicate the Corruption than the Crimson.

Haha, agreed. I hate passing through my surface one. I don't like how the whole sky goes black and then straight-up weird music plays.
I'm pretty certain that the Glowing Mushroom Biome has been 80% more effective than any anti-drug seminars.

I must be the only one here who thinks that the Corruption is freakier than the Crimson. Though, that's probably because of some type of nostalgia. When I first entered the Corruption I was jumpscared by a Devourer immediately, but when I came to the Crimson I was ready.

Might also be because I might have some type of phobia of worms.

EDIT: Yeah, I am the only one! I don't know whether or not to feel special or intimidated.

It has to be the Crimson

While both themes feature darkness. The Corruption has a more "pure darkness" feel to it that isn't really scary, just more dreadful. It is darkness that can be comprehended, and easier to fight against.

The Crimson's darkness is a more organic kind, it contains the Lovecraft horror of things that aren't meant to be there or be seen to mortals. Just looking at those trees and blood leaves tells your senses that this type of environment shouldn't exist, that it will drive anyone who even just looks at it insane. Sort of similar to the Visual Novel: Saya No Uta where the main character sees everything in flesh and gore because of an accident, similar to what the Crimson looks like.

I must be the only one here who thinks that the Corruption is freakier than the Crimson. Though, that's probably because of some type of nostalgia. When I first entered the Corruption I was jumpscared by a Devourer immediately, but when I came to the Crimson I was ready.

Might also be because I might have some type of phobia of worms.

EDIT: Yeah, I am the only one! I don't know whether or not to feel special or intimidated.

I honestly think that's very cute. And quite nice to see someone with a different opinion. I was getting worried that the poll would turn out like a massive "I told you so" that the Crimson was unanimously creepiest.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437813133,1437812849][/DOUBLEPOST]
It has to be the Crimson

While both themes feature darkness. The Corruption has a more "pure darkness" feel to it that isn't really scary, just more dreadful. It is darkness that can be comprehended, and easier to fight against.

The Crimson's darkness is a more organic kind, it contains the Lovecraft horror of things that aren't meant to be there or be seen to mortals. Just looking at those trees and blood leaves tells your senses that this type of environment shouldn't exist, that it will drive anyone who even just looks at it insane. Sort of similar to the Visual Novel: Saya No Uta where the main character sees everything in flesh and gore because of an accident, similar to what the Crimson looks like.

I quite like this explanation.

Crimson it 100% flesh and bones. In my eyes that's a slightly more disturbing sight than a field of world-eating creatures. Although only slightly.

The Crimson is creepier for me. Why? Blood crawlers. Yes, that is the only reason.

But I think I should go to the Crimson at least once for a playthrough. I only ever playthrough'd Corruption.

Crimson. Flesh, pus, beating hearts, hideously deformed monsters, disgusting looking furniture, the Crimson Heart item that is shaped like an arse and looks like it's spraying poop... (What was Red thinking. x)

Crimson it 100% flesh and bones. In my eyes that's a slightly more disturbing sight than a field of world-eating creatures. Although only slightly.
Thinking back, I can fully agree with this. The Crimson is the only place in the game I'm not comfortable, excluding some of the minibiomes.

The Crimson. Oh GOD, the Crimson. It gets SO much worse when you think about the backdrop, too.

The fact it's spreading is bad enough, but then you notice that huge skeleton in the background. At first I didn't pay it any attention, but then when I noticed what the Crimson enemies dropped, the realization hit me like a train.
Ichor.
The Blood of the Gods.
The residual blood from that huge, giant creature was the thing defiling the world. Not only did it make the spread of it even scarier, it made me start to think -
"What killed it?"
"What if there's more like it?"
"...What if they see us as a target?"

...We got our answer in 1.3, didn't we?

Hmm... Kinda hard to say. I'll just say this, I hate both of them on the surface, and enjoy them at around the same level in their caves and underground.

The real reason I hate them on the surface, is because the :red:ing sky turns :red:ing dark and I bloody :red:ing well like my accursed background to be well lit, dammit.

Crimson. It's just gross and disturbing, and as someone stated, it feels like it shouldn't be on the world. This to the point that I feel like it's theme doesn't quite belong to Terraria. Corruption feels more "alright" and just some kind of evil infection to fight.

I never did a playthrough on Crimson, the music alone prevents me from enjoying the biome and whatever I'm doing in it. Not that it's bad, it actually has some kind of epic proportion as well as fulfilling it's role, but nope.

The Crimson for sure. It pretty much terrifies me, just for the theming. I do NOT like blood and guts themes at all! D: They freak me out...

Corruption's eaters (oddly not the devourers, corruptors, or EoW) used to creep me out way more than the Crimson.

However the desert is the creepiest biome with 1.3 because of Antlion Swarmers :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom