Weapons & Equip New Bullets!

DJFlare84

Mechanic
~PHASE BULLET~
Damage: 13
Crafting: 111 Musket Balls + 1 Spectre Bar = 111 Spectre Bullets
Function: Luminite's Piercing function (suggesting change to Luminite, as a consequence). Phase Bullets travel slowly and look like the soul orbs that are spawned by Spectre Armor bonus.

~SMART BULLET~
Damage: 15
Crafting: 111 Musket Balls + 1 Shroomite Bar = 111 Smart Bullets.
Function: Smart Bullets only fire when the cursor is over a valid target. Bullet velocity is nigh-instantaneous, mimicking "hitscan" weapons in FPS games.

~GRAVITY BULLET~
Damage: 15
Crafting: 111 Musket Balls + 10 Martian Conduit Plating = 111 Satellite Bullets.
Function: Upon hitting an enemy or surface, the bullet creates a small singularity that holds victims in place and also grabs any other enemies that walk into it for a few seconds.

~BLOOD BULLET~
Damage: 10
Crafting: 111 Musket Balls + 1 Vial of Blood = 111 Blood Bullets.
Function: Lifesteal function. Unsure of proper lifesteal value.
Notes: Vial of Blood would be a new uncommon drop from all Solar Eclipse enemies (except Reapers and Deadly Spheres).

~LUMINITE BULLET~
Suggested function change: Instead of mass piercing (which now goes to Phase Bullets), Luminite Bullets remove spread from guns that have it, allowing every shot to fly perfectly straight towards the cursor as desired.

Last edited:
Not sure how useful the new Luminite would be, considering it'd mostly confer its bonuses to the Tac Shotty or Chain Gun. And even then, most people would still use Chlorophyte but I would use it because Chlorophyte is a stupid crutch and I'm a purist. But most people aren't purists.

Luminite bullets should do something flashier and more powerful than that, such as causing guns to shoot several projectiles at once, which would also explode upon hitting anything and would then shoot what are basically exploding crystal shards.

Not sure how useful the new Luminite would be, considering it'd mostly confer its bonuses to the Tac Shotty or Chain Gun. And even then, most people would still use Chlorophyte but I would use it because Chlorophyte is a stupid crutch and I'm a purist. But most people aren't purists.

Luminite bullets should do something flashier and more powerful than that, such as causing guns to shoot several projectiles at once, which would also explode upon hitting anything and would then shoot what are basically exploding crystal shards.

Luminite bullets are the hardest-hitting at 22 BASE damage a pop. It's just a shame my Vortex Beater doesn't fire straight enough to really take advantage of this from a distance. IF ONLY THERE WAS SOME MECHANIC THAT MADE IT FIRE STRAIGHT...

^^The train of thought which led to this particular suggestion about Luminite.^^

Luminite bullets are the hardest-hitting at 22 BASE damage a pop. It's just a shame my Vortex Beater doesn't fire straight enough to really take advantage of this from a distance. IF ONLY THERE WAS SOME MECHANIC THAT MADE IT FIRE STRAIGHT...

^^The train of thought which led to this particular suggestion about Luminite.^^
And Crystal Bullets can beat them at single targets depending on what you are using (Read: Anything that deals a lot of damage) due to the shards, and Ichor Bullets practically deal 1 more damage due to their debuff.
Simply don't use them with the Vortex Beater.

And Crystal Bullets can beat them at single targets depending on what you are using (Read: Anything that deals a lot of damage) due to the shards, and Ichor Bullets practically deal 1 more damage due to their debuff.
Simply don't use them with the Vortex Beater.
Nah, I'd rather make a suggestion about it.

There would be no point in adding two weapons at the same tier that fulfill the same purpose.
To be clear, I'm not asking for the Vortex Beater to shoot straight, period.

I can appreciate that there is a likely a demand for spreading guns and that's fine with me. Which is why I'm specifically not asking for that.

I'm asking for the Vortex Beater to have the OPTION to shoot straight, by using a specific bullet.

What about bullets made of ectoplasm that go through blocks?

Also, I think smart bullets should be changed to only fire when the enemy is in the line/cone that the gun fires in, so you can hold your cursor in front of/behind the enemy, since some enemies are annoying to keep the cursor on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom