Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Update!

The map's cavern system has been naturally divided into zones for easy editing. The starting village is done, the beach is done, the "viking" map jump area is up and built, the desert is built, the desert town is built, the pyramid area is zoned out. The other map jump area in the mountains is still not built, but the mountain is in place (complete with a little surprise area, yet to be completed)

And the new map has been uploaded to you, Flippi. Only the zone under the mining village is cleared out and set for "cave in" testing. But it should get you started. Just use the natural rock dividers to set your area.

Still to be done - the remaining 9 cavern zones (may just block some out as inaccessible), the pyramid dungeon, the mountain shrine, the corruption shrine, the corruption area.

Busy weekend, glad I got some done on the map. til next time, cheers!

Awesome work Siv! Maybe it will be screenshot time soon xD

I just need to finish up some internal testing now on the map with the "cave in" features and we should be able to start alpha testing!

Are we talking about one specific part of the map or the entire thing?

This first map is designed for the pre-hell gameplay, but we are also trying to keep only a couple biomes per map to create a super world when all linked together. So this map will contain normal surface biome, underground biome, cavern biome, and an underground corruption biome. There will also be a custom blue Dungeon entrance ( The Ocean Temple ) that is accessible, but continues under the Ocean and therefore goes off onto the next map to the right. We are also going to have a custom desert and platform style dungeon in the desert/underground desert that we are simply calling the Pyramid for now.

Future map "to the right" will contain the continued Ocean Temple and the Northern Viking town with the snow biomes! This will probably lead to the hard mode snowy area as well, but probably on another server - more info to come for this.

Future map "to the left" still needs planning, but I am leaning towards having a surface Crimson biome and Jungle biome at least. Hope this helps explain!

Wow, I wish I could help.
Can we discuss about a few ideas that you may or may not like?
I think it should be done in another place to avoid giving potential spoilers.

Could i come and try to help you with the building part ? Im quite good in building and interior desing for houses and i realy like the idea of this mod . I could help with smaller buildings or arenas .

This looks amazing! I have a request though, since this server seems to be about Pvp and exploring would it be possible to re-code the minions to target enemy players in Pvp? :)

Could i come and try to help you with the building part ? Im quite good in building and interior desing for houses and i realy like the idea of this mod . I could help with smaller buildings or arenas .

Siv has been doing awesome work so far and therefore I cannot answer this. It is up to him if he feels he could use the extra help.

With how summoning currently works in the game it will be easier to make it a part of the mage class, perhaps as a post release update though!

This looks amazing! I have a request though, since this server seems to be about Pvp and exploring would it be possible to re-code the minions to target enemy players in Pvp? :)
That seems like a bug in Terraria if you ask me! Thanks for mentioning it though because I will be taken into consideration.

Siv has been doing awesome work so far and therefore I cannot answer this. It is up to him if he feels he could use the extra help.
Its how you and Siv want . How i said im not the best builder ever but i can consider myself quite good . Just ask him and we will see .

@Flippi screw it, I though I had more then one idea in mind...
Anyways, just make an island/area for each invasion so you won't have to fiddle with it, make the mobs spawn normally there.

I'm game, send me some samples (screenshots) of some themed NPC housing. We will see if it will work, then go from there.

I'm game, send me some samples (screenshots) of some themed NPC housing. We will see if it will work, then go from there.
Ok . Tomorrow when im gonna get from school im going do build some because right now i dont realy have to many worlds . So in 1 max 2 days you will have them ok?

Ok . Tomorrow when im gonna get from school im going do build some because right now i dont realy have to many worlds . So in 1 max 2 days you will have them ok?
Yes, that will work fine. And i would focus on the middle to late tier NPCs. Looking forward to seeing what you can do. :)
@Flippi screw it, I though I had more then one idea in mind...
Anyways, just make an island/area for each invasion so you won't have to fiddle with it, make the mobs spawn normally there.
Thats a good idea to have an individual map for the invasions... Will have to work it into the plan, if possible.

Chests are still an issue, I propose this:
You cannot craft/place/obtain chests in any way.
There are "bank" buildings around the map, and each and every chests functions exactly like the piggy bank/safe.
This would also make getting loot from dungeon easier, because at the end there will be a chest with defined loot, and each player could loot it once.

I also suggest making a "plot server" where you can buy a certain area where you can build with in game currency.
You should also be able to add friends to your plot.
And pay X coins to buy a chest so you could access your main storage with ease.

Thats a good idea to have an individual map for the invasions... Will have to work it into the plan, if possible.

I agree that this would be a good idea to look into. Invasions are definitely far away from being worked on though. I imagine that when the mod is released to the public we'll have just entered hell/hardmode.

Chests are still an issue, I propose this:
You cannot craft/place/obtain chests in any way.
There are "bank" buildings around the map, and each and every chests functions exactly like the piggy bank/safe.
This would also make getting loot from dungeon easier, because at the end there will be a chest with defined loot, and each player could loot it once.

I also suggest making a "plot server" where you can buy a certain area where you can build with in game currency.
You should also be able to add friends to your plot.
And pay X coins to buy a chest so you could access your main storage with ease.

You already cannot craft any furniture in the game and players cannot remove furniture, so don't need to worry about players crafting/placing/obtaining chests. I am leaning towards having some type of bank building as a solution, but I also think that if we use other storage items as decoration as well we might not need to have a specific bank. For example every house should have a barrel for the NPC store their food. This barrel will be a unique storage item for players just like the safe or piggy bank, but there is one in every NPC's house instead of just one building. I do think though having a building with chests/safes/piggybanks maybe a better solution, one that I have been thinking about also. I'll have a talk with Siv to see if we can do it

As for the "plot server", this is kind of already mentioned in my FAQ section. Pretty much this is something that I do want to have designed/implemented for post-release game. :)

Just a reminder, would like to see your work.

Oh, and an UPDATE!

The pyramid area is blocked out, so the arenas can be set up soon. The Ocean temple entrance is build, and it is locked with a combination lock that the player will need to figure out throughout their exploration. And the entrance to the corruption is built.

So progress is going along well. More this weekend, probably.

Back
Top Bottom