Game Mechanics Wing Slot

Should there be a wing slot?

• Total voters

gameheros

Steampunker
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums so cut me some slack :p!

I remember seeing somewhere that Terraria Otherworld is going to have a slot for wings, like Terraria has for Hooks, Pets, Light Pets, and Mounts. (Don't know this for 100% but I could've sworn I saw this somewhere.)

I think it would be nice if Terraria could get that as well. Imagine how that one extra accessory slot would help you. I know the Devs are taking a well deserved break as of now, but this would be a great addition in the future!

Thanks for your time! Keep on pushing back the corruption!

YES! Please add this feature. There is so many different equipment peices that having to fit in wings is very annoying. please add a wing slot

What's more? Boots slot? C'mon If you had 1-2 extra slots for acc it would be too easy. You want more def/atk? Ditch your mobility! I say no
Okay. :) Thats your opinion. I was just stating that since its in Terraria Otherworld it would be nice to have it here. If you didnt like it you wouldnt need to use it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437082280,1437082259][/DOUBLEPOST]
Awe darn. I thought you meant dying like "Death" XD
My bad man! :dryadsmile:
Yea No Problem :p

Support, wings are basically REQUIRED in hardmode so it makes sense you shouldn't have to waste a slot for them.

we've got plenty of accessory slots as it is.

if this is about trying to balance mounts being basically slotless wings now I'd much rather see mounts go back to not allowing us to use any tool/weapon from their back by default. limit us to the mount's abilities(slime's goombastomp and scutlix's lasers for example).
limited weaponry as the price for mobility without an accessory slot. you want that mobility with all your tools use wings.

While we're at it might as well make a sheild slot and boot slot as well.
Just because one game has it, which you don't even know for sure, doesn't mean anything.
Wings for all we know could behave way differently in Otherworld, hell everything could be different. Basing this on assumptions is trivial.

we've got plenty of accessory slots as it is.

if this is about trying to balance mounts being basically slotless wings now I'd much rather see mounts go back to not allowing us to use any tool/weapon from their back by default. limit us to the mount's abilities(slime's goombastomp and scutlix's lasers for example).
limited weaponry as the price for mobility without an accessory slot. you want that mobility with all your tools use wings.
I dont exactly understand this comment. Could you be more clear. It might just be me sorry -_-
[DOUBLEPOST=1438555290,1438555252][/DOUBLEPOST]
While we're at it might as well make a sheild slot and boot slot as well.
Just because one game has it, which you don't even know for sure, doesn't mean anything.
Wings for all we know could behave way differently in Otherworld, hell everything could be different. Basing this on assumptions is trivial.
Well that was just one reason. I just think it would be useful. Thanks for the opinion though! ;)

I dont exactly understand this comment. Could you be more clear. It might just be me sorry -_-
S/he's saying that, if this is about balancing the fact that flying mounts make wings virtually obsolete because they give pretty much the same effect without using an accessory slot, then instead make it so that, while riding a mount, you can't use your equipped item, and can only use the mount's special ability (similar to how, with the Drill Containment Unit, you can't use your equipped item, you can only use the DCU's laser drills). This way, you can go with a flying mount (which doesn't use an accessory slot, but doesn't allow you to use items from your hotbar), or wings (allows you to use items from your hotbar, but does not grant unlimited flight, and uses an accessory slot).

S/he's saying that, if this is about balancing the fact that flying mounts make wings virtually obsolete because they give pretty much the same effect without using an accessory slot, then instead make it so that, while riding a mount, you can't use your equipped item, and can only use the mount's special ability (similar to how, with the Drill Containment Unit, you can't use your equipped item, you can only use the DCU's laser drills). This way, you can go with a flying mount (which doesn't use an accessory slot, but doesn't allow you to use items from your hotbar), or wings (allows you to use items from your hotbar, but does not grant unlimited flight, and uses an accessory slot).
Then mounts turn useless again, like in 1.2. Who would bother using a mount if you can't attack in it? You cannot right after dismounting, either.

Back
Top Bottom