Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great! Hope when wil be out we all will get the 1.3 update, will be great to see all the platforms with the same version as well :happy:

Now saving up for a wii u is more of a MUST (i only wanted it for smash but if I save up for both its TOTALLY WORTH IT) :D

I hope the Wii U and 3DS versions can also play with PC Users (use the Wi-Fi to connect to a server). That would make me extremely happy if that happened!

I hope the Wii U and 3DS versions can also play with PC Users (use the Wi-Fi to connect to a server). That would make me extremely happy if that happened!
That won't happen. For starters, that would require both versions of the game to have exactly the same items. (Meaning the Console Ed. would have to remove the exclusives like Ocram and the extra items and mobs.. although I doubt anyone'd object to this) -- that, and the WiiU and 3DS is considerably weaker than your average PC - I don't think they'd be able to handle the 255 player servers that the PC version can.

That, and the Console Versions would have to be updated to 1.3, too. That's not happenig for this release.

So, does that put Terraria on EVERY single device now? Nintendo, Microsoft, Android and Apple, Sony, and Steam.

Is it time you guys announced T(i-85)erraria for calculators?

Such great news to have the official announcement. Terraria for every electronic device. On my blender next please. :D Fight the Twins while making a smoothie.

This game sure has grown since release.
Congratulations is all I can say.
Will certainly be buying it on my Wii U when it comes out!
Already have it on PS3, and two copies on PC (Steam/GOG) lol.

I'm actually gonna be playing this version more often than PC, because I use my 3DS a lot more than my computer, since my computer is shared with my bro, and he needs it more than me.

soo uh.. planned 3D? how is it going to work? will it be cuboids on 2D plane... or will it simply be multiple layered 2D graphics?

xoMPfTk.png

Versus

Z-Indexed 2D images (blocks are closer to the user than the actually player is but you cannot see the tops face of blocks or anything for that fact)

Z-indexing 2D planed images basically

soo uh.. planned 3D? how is it going to work? will it be cuboids on 2D plane... or will it simply be multiple layered 2D graphics?

xoMPfTk.png

Versus

Z-Indexed 2D images (blocks are closer to the user than the actually player is but you cannot see the tops face of blocks or anything for that fact)

Z-indexing 2D planed images basically
They're not trying to make Terraria use the 3D feature atm :)
Multiplayer: Wii U as per other versions. 1-8 player online versus friends, 1-4 splitsceen. One cool touch though is that you can split displays on Wii U, so 1P gets all of the Gamepad screen and 2P and above split the TV screen.

3DS is four player ad hoc.

I won't be in a hype for this but :merchantnaughty::merchantnaughty:
[DOUBLEPOST=1438301538,1438301493][/DOUBLEPOST]How do I set an image for my profile

How do I set an image for my profile
Just go to your profile and click on your avatar :) If you have further questions about the forums please consult the User Guide [Link in my sig] or start a conversation with one of us moderators :) (technically your post is off topic for this thread :p try to avoid doing that in the future please ;) )
Ye but I assume it is intended....
I have not seen one 3DS game that doesn't utilize the 3D functionality....
I Just want to know if it will be cuboid or Z-Indexed..

Z-Indexed sort of like this
YDKPGyc.png
I don't think 3DS could handle Terraria in 3D XD

While I've known about it for some time since Cenx mentioned it on her profile, it's nice to get a full confirmation! I will most DEFINITELY be getting it on my 3DS! Might get it on the Wii U, as well, if I have one by then. Also congrats on reaching out to all corners of the gaming market guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom