PC Farming questions the Wiki didn't help with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrax Lightning

Terrarian
  1. What Farmable Plants require a lack of Background Wall & which don't care if a Background Wall is there or not?
  2. Planter Boxes, Clay Pots, or growing on appropriate ground... which is best? Or is there a different best for different stuffs?
  3. In regards to Underground Glowing Mushroom Farms for Truffle Worms, is the Underground Layer sufficient or is the Cavern layer required? (Sometimes can't be sure if Wiki Info is up-to-date or not.)
  4. Any Farmables that require Sunlight to be able to get to the Plant & if Glass Wall is insufficient for this?
Many thanks for your time. :)

Trees won't grow if there's backwall behind the sapling. Mushrooms (except glowing mushrooms) won't grow underground and usually don't care about backwall.

2) Planter boxes can be set up like platforms, and is more compact. You can plant /anything/ in a planter box not its type, i.e. blinkroot in a fireblossom planterbox. Just remember to leave a tile space between rows so you can actually plant.

3) Underground layer is the absolute nearest you can be to get truffle worms.

4) Only trees require unobstructed sunlight, read above. Not sure if glass wall invalidates this, but I think it might.

Trees won't grow if there's backwall behind the sapling. Mushrooms (except glowing mushrooms) won't grow underground and usually don't care about backwall.

2) Planter boxes can be set up like platforms, and is more compact. You can plant /anything/ in a planter box not its type, i.e. blinkroot in a fireblossom planterbox. Just remember to leave a tile space between rows so you can actually plant.

3) Underground layer is the absolute nearest you can be to get truffle worms.

4) Only trees require unobstructed sunlight, read above. Not sure if glass wall invalidates this, but I think it might.
Ahh, so I can grow Trees on my Base's Roof & everything else can be Backwalled. & I don't have to stick the future Truffle Worm Farm too far down. Many thanks! ^_^

I wonder if Clay Pots are obsolete now except for aesthetic plants in them now?

Edit: Oh, can Planters grow Glowing Mushrooms? (Though truthfully I love the looks of Glowing Mushroom Grass, especially cause Blue's my fav color... but there IS a Glowing Mushroom Planter, so I can't help but to wonder...)

You can still use clay pots to plant herbs. Also, thanks for pointing out that grass won't grow w/ backwall.

Daybloom doesn't care about backwall; it's an herb, and all herbs don't care about backwall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom