Stormy's Suggestion Thread

Should idea posting be available to the public?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

camdync

Plantera
Nuffing much here currently, updated whenever

My First Suggestion:
----------------Sprites----------------

serpent.png

serpent2.png

serpentexpert.png

Mutated Serpent
Health: 5000
Defense: 10 (while in attack 1) 0 (attack 2)
Damage: 20 (Melee) 35 (Poison Shot) 50 (Inside mouth during poison shot)
Knockback: 6
-----------------------Description-----------------------
The mutated serpent is a mid - pre-hardmode Boss that has a random chance of spawning when the player has killed the Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu and the player has at least 20 defense and 300 max life.You also must be in the Desert Biome. There is no way of spawning it manually. It is not necessary to advance in the game, but useful in pre-hardmode as it provides summoner equipment.
-----------------------THE FIGHT-----------------------
Attack 1: The snake shakes and brings 5-10 snakes (imagine a much smaller version of this, too lazy to sprite rn) which deal 10 damage on contact. They have 50 health each, and have a 40% chance to drop a heart. after all minions are killed, he goes to attack 2.

Attack 2: The snake then opens its mouth and spits projectiles similar to the cursed flames that Spazmatism shoots, but instead inflicts the poison debuff. It will shoot 3 times, then attack 1 starts again.

EXPERT EXCLUSIVE: When it drops below 1000 health, it darkens and its eyes glow yellow, and starts to jump frequently, and, also, don't forget lasers from eyes of course! ;)
-----------------------THE DROPS-----------------------
Snake skin (Main drop) 15-30 (30-45 expert)
skin.png used in snake armour (summoner set) and a special snake item (look below)

Heart.png
Heart 5-15

Demonite/Crimtane ore 45-70 (60-100 expert)

and one of the following items:

Sandy Bow (Ranged Weapon)
Speed: Fast
sandybow.png
Damage: 20 "Turns Wooden Arrows into sandy arrows, which create a pile of temporary sand on impact, suffocating your foes"

Snake Tongue (Melee Weapon)
Speed: Very Fast
snaketongue.png
Damage: 15, acts like a golem fist but less powerful "Can hit multiple targets and high chance of inflicting poison"

Staff of (Snake) Venom (Magic Weapon)
Speed: Slow
vemon.png
Damage: 30 Mana Usage: 20 "Summons 3-5 poisonous spit balls that inflict poison"
--------------------OTHER-------------------

snakehat.png
Snake Hat: 5 snake skin + 20 demonite/crimtane bars
4 defense
1 extra minion
scalemail.png
Scaly Scalemail: 15 snake skin + 30 demonite/crimtane bars
7 defense
10% increased minion damage
boots.png
Snake Scale Boots: 10 snake skin + 25 demonite/crimtane bars
3 defense
10% increased minion knockback

Set bonus: +1 minion

snakestaff.png
Snake Staff: 15 snake skin + 1 diamond + 10 demonite/crimtane bars
15 summon damage
weak knockback

The next one (as of August 5th, 2015) is a mount! Quite simple description, but was fun making this!

motorbike.png

Idle sprite.
MotorBikePuff2.png

Pre Burst but driving sprite.
MotoBikePuff.png

Burst sprite.

If anyone knows how to gif, I would appreciate it if you could gif this, thank you!

------------------Motorbike Mount---------------------
Speed (mph): 40 (before burst) 75 (Burst)
Can Fly: no -- Jump Height: 20 tiles
Rarity:
Rarity_color_5.png

------------------Description-------------------
This is a craft-able, Hardmode mount that has High speed but low jump height. It resembles a Harley Davidson Fld Dyna. It gives off a Large amount of Light but slows down during rain.

Crafting:

48RlY0C.png
Soul of Might (Speed)
Soul_of_Fright.png
Soul of Fright (Intimidation)
Soul_of_Sight.png
Soul of Sight (Light)
Iron/Lead Bar 10
Hallowed Bar 5
rubber.png
Rubber (see below for recipe) 10

This makes key.png a Shiny Silver Key, which summons the mount.

Other items:
rubber.png
Rubber
crafting:
rubbersap.png
Rubber Sap (1/10 drop chance from PearlWood Trees) at a furnace.

currently nu mur. reds gun su cenx pls

Attachments

• serpent.png
    serpent.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
How about Desert Fossils instead?

No boss in the game has a summoning item that is crafted with the drops you get for beating it.
mkay. Yea, was just trying to make it so you practically had to defeat the EoC, but that wouldn't be very efficient at farming. as I said, Im bad at ideas AND sprites :p

mkay. Yea, was just trying to make it so you practically had to defeat the EoC, but that wouldn't be very efficient at farming. as I said, Im bad at ideas AND sprites :p

Well, yeah, but Desert Fossils require a Demonite/Crimtane pickaxe, so you need to beat the EoC and worm/brain anyhow. :p

I guess that makes sense, here, do you think the recipe should involve the snake skin?
Does desert fossil, cactus, and sand sound good? maybe waterleaf? just trying to come up with a thing with desert materials.

Does desert fossil, cactus, and sand sound good? maybe waterleaf? just trying to come up with a thing with desert materials.

Cool. I think maybe 1 Waterleaf would add something interesting to the recipe and make it a little more difficult to mass-farm.

Well, yeah, but Desert Fossils require a Demonite/Crimtane pickaxe, so you need to beat the EoC and worm/brain anyhow. :p
O yea! But, can't you get them as an uncommon drop from things like antlion chargers? or was that from only basilisks?
[DOUBLEPOST=1438413907,1438413876][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cool. I think maybe 1 Waterleaf would add something interesting to the recipe and make it a little more difficult to mass-farm.
Ok. I am spriting it rn

Next Suggestion!

This is a short one, it is Solar Stringz!
--------------------SPRITE AND STATS------------------
stringzsolar.png

Solar Stringz

Melee Damage: 170
Explosion: 100
Knockback: Weak Explosion has High KB
Tooltip: "Ignites enemies and they lose their bones as well, did we mention?
Inflicts Either On Fire! or a 1/5 chance to cause Burning.
Explodes if in contact with enemy similar to what the Solar Eruption does.

Crafting:

18 Solar Fragments
5 Luminite Bars
At an Ancient Manipulator.

I have been trying to come up with endgame weapons that require Luminites and the Four Fragments, give me suggestions on another thing I could add!

Last edited:
Decided to update some sprites because they weren't good at all then, starting with the snake and the Motorcycle. I'm also attempting to make these into my own mod, creatively titled "Camdyn's Mod" :indifferent:

Webp.net-gifmaker (1).gif
Webp.net-gifmaker.gif

motorbike copy copy.png

Attachments

• motorbike copy.png
    motorbike copy.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 118
Back
Top Bottom