Your Answer My Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhiDere

Terrarian
  • Not sure how to go about asking this so i will let the images do the talking..

TerrariaHighlight.png
Whats the difference between these highlights &
TerrariaHighlight 2.png
this image? the highlights seem abit different. Sorry about a unusual question but ocd kicks in and wanna know why this happens.​

Last edited:
I'm not really sure, but the highlighted stuff mean that these items were collected some time before (a crate/chest/etc?). I may be wrong.

When you pick up an item that creates a new stack it will have a highlight around it the first time you open up your inventory. The highlight goes away if you mouse over the item or close and re-open your inventory. There also is an option to turn it off.

When you pick up an item that creates a new stack it will have a highlight around it the first time you open up your inventory. The highlight goes away if you mouse over the item or close and re-open your inventory. There also is an option to turn it off.
I get that part but from the 2 images i took the cactus has just a normal blue highlight when the bigger image has more of a squiggle highlight style to it which is what i was trying to figure out :p.

index.php

This highlight is an item you just picked. Either a drop, or from a container(chest, crates, treasure bags).

index.php

The squiggles are favorited(alt+click) items. They prevent the items from being thrown accidentally, or quick-stacked into a chest.

I get that part but from the 2 images i took the cactus has just a normal blue highlight when the bigger image has more of a squiggle highlight style to it which is what i was trying to figure out :p.
Oh, the squiggle highlight is to show you've favorited an item. If you hold left alt when in your inventory you will see your cursor changes to a star, when this is active you can click on anything to favorite it. Favoriting items means you wont quick stack them, deposit all them, quick trash them or quick sell them. You can just hold alt and click on them again to unfavorite them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom