Oriental themed builds

kingartoria

Steampunker
Basically stuff built with dyansty wood/shingles. Post it all here!

Pardon me if this is already a thread!

I'll start:
2014-10-11_00004.jpg

Pardon me for saying this, but that doesn’t look very “Chinese”. The paper walls reperesented in Dynasty wood walls are more of a traditional Japanese thing :p

Traditional Chinese architecture usually have just wood ;)

Pardon me for saying this, but that doesn’t look very “Chinese”. The paper walls reperesented in Dynasty wood walls are more of a traditional Japanese thing :p

Traditional Chinese architecture usually have just wood ;)

Ugh, why do I even try starting threads. I always fail. How can I lock this thread?

Report your main thread, on the bottom left side there is a report button.
As the report reason just write down that you want to have your thread renamed to ˙insert name here˙ :)
Thanks!

EDIT: It worked!

Last edited:
If I may suggest something...

You should try filling in that one block space under the house with some water, and maybe throw up a little bridge over some more water in that arching style commonly associated with Eastern architecture.

If you decide to give it a shot, post me a new screenshot.
Actually, I tore that house down yesterday. XD I'm building a new village floating on clouds.

Really cool, is it a pagoda? I'm not really sure, I'm not give with general build type names. What I suggest is adding more simple furniture, like chinese lanterns, bowls, pots. Whatever, they are simple and won't take the general build theme away. Also, terraforming and extensions, making little huts, would be really good to give more life around and inside the build.

What's the matter? It isn't actually that complex.
it's just that the roof works well in terms of small scaled rooms. However I want to scale up the design and and combine the style of oriental roofs with modern elements. I have been experimenting, and the result is that the roof looks way too awkward XD

Back
Top Bottom