Weapons & Equip Vanity Equipment Slot Improvement Suggestions

Which suggestion is better?

• Total voters

OnTarasMind

Empress of Light
**I can't figure out how to edit the title, so I'll just put this here - There's nothing to do with grappling hooks anymore, and it's not just focused around wings. It's about vanity slots as a whole, now.**

So, as some of you may know, if you have wings with their visibility turned off, along with a cloak in a social slot, you're able to have a cloak when you're not flying, and your wings will become visible when you jump/fly, like so:

YIa0sYY.png

While I do like this, there's one thing that I don't like - you're not able to have wings in your social slot if you have a cloak on one, otherwise, your cloak will no longer be visible.

60cixIY.png

I have three suggestions for this:

1.) If you put wings in a social slot right below the cloak, the wings that are actually in your equipment slot will now look like the wings that are in your social slot.
2.) Make an equipment slot just for wings(Like hooks, mounts, etc.) so that they can have their own social slot, which is "layered" underneath the social equipment slots.
3.) Vanity slots get their own visibility toggle.

I know the last option is probably the one that is more likely to get chosen, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I also find this a problem. I like my cloak but I dislike my fishron wings, so I'm forced to decide between having a cloak with bad looking wings or no cloak with good looking wings.

I actually like number 2, for two reasons. One, because everyone is going to wear a set of wings eventually anyways and it kind of sucks they take up an accessory slot. Two, when new players see there's a 'wing' slot they'll realize that at some point in the game flight will be possible! It's just a cool little thing I think.

I actually like number 2, for two reasons. One, because everyone is going to wear a set of wings eventually anyways and it kind of sucks they take up an accessory slot. Two, when new players see there's a 'wing' slot they'll realize that at some point in the game flight will be possible! It's just a cool little thing I think.

While I agree with all this the only problem I have with wings getting their own equipment slot is that it would look uneven: All the equipment slots have two slots: the item and the dye meanwhile wings will have three slots: The item, vanity and dye.

While I agree with all this the only problem I have with wings getting their own equipment slot is that it would look uneven: All the equipment slots have two slots: the item and the dye meanwhile wings will have three slots: The item, vanity and dye.

Well, in order for it to look less uneven, the wing slots could be put above all the other slots, as if it's a continuation down from the rest of the equipment slots.

I motion that Wings get their own slot, but said slot is invisible until the first time getting them, so their existence isn't given away to the new players from the get-go. Once you've attained wings for the first time however, the slot becomes visible forever on that copy of the game. Make sense?

I motion that Wings get their own slot, but said slot is invisible until the first time getting them, so their existence isn't given away to the new players from the get-go. Once you've attained wings for the first time however, the slot becomes visible forever on that copy of the game. Make sense?

It would make more sense if the slot became visible once hardmode is activated, or it should just be visible from the start.

I motion that Wings get their own slot, but said slot is invisible until the first time getting them, so their existence isn't given away to the new players from the get-go. Once you've attained wings for the first time however, the slot becomes visible forever on that copy of the game
It would make more sense if the slot became visible once hardmode is activated, or it should just be visible from the start.
Wait, so what's wrong with the slot not being visible unless you have wings anywhere in your inventory/accessory slots or are holding them? It's not like there's a whole lot of relevance seeing it unless you can use it anyway, even post hard mode. It could work like the Demon Heart if you have no wings but placed a dye there; greyed out, removing dye removes it from view.

Wait, so what's wrong with the slot not being visible unless you have wings anywhere in your inventory/accessory slots or are holding them? It's not like there's a whole lot of relevance seeing it unless you can use it anyway, even post hard mode. It could work like the Demon Heart if you have no wings but placed a dye there; greyed out, removing dye removes it from view.

Well, as Xitemo said, an effect could be added to the Demon Heart so that it gives you the slot for wings, so the demon heart has a reason to be in normal mode, but if it's gotten in normal mode, it wouldn't give extra equipment slot, just the wing slot.

Well, as Xitemo said, an effect could be added to the Demon Heart so that it gives you the slot for wings, so the demon heart has a reason to be in normal mode
Wouldn't that mean a lot of recoding for the Demon Heart? Besides that I think it'd result in having to having to make a secondary Demon Heart so you don't beat normal mode hope into expert and stat with a bonus slot. Holding items to give access to new UI is something I in the game along with toggling accessory slots so wouldn't it be simpler to just make it require wings like I suggested? There's no explote because a player would need to gain access to wings in the first place.

Wouldn't that mean a lot of recoding for the Demon Heart? Besides that I think it'd result in having to having to make a secondary Demon Heart so you don't beat normal mode hope into expert and stat with a bonus slot. Holding items to give access to new UI is something I in the game along with toggling accessory slots so wouldn't it be simpler to just make it require wings like I suggested? There's no explote because a player would need to gain access to wings in the first place.

Fair enough, that would make a bit more sense than the demon heart idea.

Just trying to help based upon what seemed logical to me. Rather than making another item and risk controversy concerns with miss use, having it built in means players can accept it's the way the game is. I don't know how many people out there will actually end up surprised by wings since even the minimal amount of looking at the game beforehand reveals there's all sorts of flight but hey, devs can try at I guess, and if not and it's just there then that doesn't seem so bad. I'm sure some of the trailers show wings anyway.

1). Sure, why not.
2). No. Wings are a mobility accessory. They have no more right than a equipment slot to lightning boots or the cloud in a bottle. Equipment should not consist of accessories... equipment should only consist of items with a hot key (except consumables of cause).

1). Sure, why not.
2). No. Wings are a mobility accessory. They have no more right than a equipment slot to lightning boots or the cloud in a bottle. Equipment should not consist of accessories... equipment should only consist of items with a hot key (except consumables of cause).
Sorry for being misleading. You do have a point; mobility accessories having a dedicated slot probably shouldn't happen, despite how many people request it. I was just going with the assumption the additional slot was for purely vanity and any wings there wouldn't function at all. You'd need a set of wings in your normal accessories for flight but holding/having wings anywhere on your character reveals a vanity slot under the equipment menu, where pets are.

Social accessories should just not be visible when the eye button is off.

The eye does not affect the social slot as that is the tab where you equip your vanity accessories... they are not a tab that is dictated in saving room for more stuff (well, at least it is not supposed to).

The 'eye button' is purely for turning off the accessories equipped in the equip tab, as they are the ones that give stats, and you should hide it if you don't want it to appear on your character.

Back
Top Bottom