Weapons & Equip Berserker Hood

Hunited

Empress of Light
The Berserker Hood is an alternative to the Frost Helmet that focuses on melee instead of both melee and ranged. Like the Frost Helmet it triggers the Frost Armor's set bonus.
It is a helmet that barely grants any defense and is instead highly rewarding in terms of brute strength.
BerserkerHoodWhenWorn.png

Crafting:
  • BerserkerHood.png a Wolf Head (5% chance to drop from Wolves)
  • 6 Hallowed Bars
  • a Frost Core
Stats:
  • 2 Defense
  • +22% Melee Damage
  • +9% Melee Speed
  • +14% Knockback

Additionally, Wolf Heads can be worn as vanity in the helmet slot.
WolfHeadWhenWorn.png

Last edited:
I think 22 damage and 17% melee speed is a bit excessive and 14 knockback is absurd, but the premise is interesting. I'd support if it were bit rarer, as well as hugely nerfed. For comparison, breaker blade has 8 knockback, meaning this hood gives almost twice as much. 22 damage is a huge static boost for armor, and with a fast weapon it could be a problem, enhanced by the +17% melee speed.

Made some changes thanks to a suggestion by Baconfry.

The 14 Knockback was supposed to be 14%, oops.
The Frost Helmet already gave +16% melee damage, so this had to outperform the Frost Helmet in that area.
I'm not sure what to do with the 17% melee speed, I think it's fine, actually.

Made some changes thanks to a suggestion by Baconfry.

The 14 Knockback was supposed to be 14%, oops.
The Frost Helmet already gave +16% melee damage, so this had to outperform the Frost Helmet in that area.
I'm not sure what to do with the 17% melee speed, I think it's fine, actually.
Melee speed is just tricky to balance in terraria, considering the variety of melee builds.
Also, a direct damage bonus isn't consistent with any other armors.

Melee speed is just tricky to balance in terraria, considering the variety of melee builds.
Also, a direct damage bonus isn't consistent with any other armors.
Oh curses, I also forgot to add percentages there. I think I'll tone down the melee speed a bit; I compared it to other armours.

Oh curses, I also forgot to add percentages there. I think I'll tone down the melee speed a bit; I compared it to other armours.
Looks good now, I like it! Support. Only thing I might suggest is that 5% feels a bit too high, although much lower wouldn't make it very useful.

This is really nice, this could be really cool if it were to ever appear in-game. Hunited, you've done a tremendously good job and as always, your spriting is fantastic!

This is really nice, this could be really cool if it were to ever appear in-game. Hunited, you've done a tremendously good job and as always, your spriting is fantastic!
You are being so generous with your kind words that I almost suspect sarcasm. However, Baconfry said: "Pixel is no buttkisser. If there's anyone I can count on for candid honesty, it's him." So I'll trust him on that one :dryadgrin:

You are being so generous with your kind words that I almost suspect sarcasm. However, Baconfry said: "Pixel is no buttkisser. If there's anyone I can count on for candid honesty, it's him." So I'll trust him on that one :dryadgrin:
Baconfry said that? Awesome. And no problem.

I don't think Frost Armor really needs to have a Melee variant, because we already have Hallowed armor at that tier. Those sprites are pretty good, though. Maybe you could suggest Wolf armor that could be available at some other point in progression?

If you're going to make a melee-only equivalent I'm going to have to make it mandatory to make a ranged-only equivalent. Just saying.

(no but seriously if you're going to go the "option to specialize Frost armor further" route then yeah you have to make a ranged-only helmet too- it's only fair)

If you're going to make a melee-only equivalent I'm going to have to make it mandatory to make a ranged-only equivalent. Just saying.

(no but seriously if you're going to go the "option to specialize Frost armor further" route then yeah you have to make a ranged-only helmet too- it's only fair)

That seems pretty fair, I'll think about it.

I don't think Frost Armor really needs to have a Melee variant, because we already have Hallowed armor at that tier. Those sprites are pretty good, though. Maybe you could suggest Wolf armor that could be available at some other point in progression?

This is not just a Melee variant, it is a high-risk kind of armour that offers lower defense in exchange for more DPS.

Instead of Wolf Head why not Wolf Hood? Wolf Head sounds like you're stuffing the head with all its insides on yo head. (just me?)

Support. Wolf Head for hunting everyday.

Back
Top Bottom