Terraria Challenges?

Even this challenge is old and not really hardcore like other, I think I should share it.

"Light Hero"
You start like every normal playthrough and there's only one rule.
-Every armor list here except Angler armor are banned for the challenge.

Yeah, that was it, also the challenge end after beat Moon Lord.

The Swap class challenge
You may select one of four classes: Melee, Magic, Ranged, Summoner.
You must change class to next one after defeating:
Wall of Flesh
Mech Bosses
Plantera
Golem

Goal is to kill Duke Fishron, Moon Lord and get the best equipement for last chosen class

I came up with this one myself!
( I don't know how to do spoiler boxes, sorry)
Grappler Challenge

Start off with a anti-grav hook and use ONLY the hook to move. You can jump if there is no other choice.

The Hook:
:cool:
You can only move using a grappling hook taken from another world. Only the basic grappling hook is allowed. Your goal: beat WoF.

If you do the 100 HP challange, how you suppose to get Goblin Army and Pirate Invasion? You need 200 health for those invasion to spawn.

Here's one that I started a while ago, and am working on right now.

Gravity Challenged
Rules - Equip a Gravity Globe (either obtained by inventory editing or given by another character), and keep gravity flipped permanently throughout the run.
You are allowed to build a small platform to stand on to begin with, to avoid continuous falling to your death. Flipping at the top of the world is inevitable, so that is also technically allowed. (Also see note on housing in TIPS section.)

TIPS
- Almost all things are an uphill battle. Literally. Be prepared for a slow start.
- Hooks are your best friend early on.
- Some things don't work properly/at all when upside-down:
# Ropes
# All Platforms (unless hammered to half block, then they kinda work...)
# Wings cannot glide
# The house banners you see are not the banners you can click. You have to click where that spot would be on an un-flipped screen. (Possibly un-flip for this, as it can be very confusing otherwise.)
- Liquids are a limited hassle, for obvious reasons. The Underworld just got a whole lot easier!
- Some bosses naturally try to hover below a player who is flipped, so be prepared. I'm looking at you, Eye of Chthulu. And you Skeletron.

Last edited:
If you do the 100 HP challange, how you suppose to get Goblin Army and Pirate Invasion? You need 200 health for those invasion to spawn.
There's goblin scout wander around in outer third of the world, which drop item to summon invasion and at hardmode ocean there's a chance that enemy will drop pirate map.

How about the no accessories challenge?
It's pretty self explanatory, no accessories
No wings, no boots, no nothing. If it goes in your accessory slot, you cannot have it
EXCEPTIONS
Vanity Accessories
Voodoo Dolls

There's goblin scout wander around in outer third of the world, which drop item to summon invasion and at hardmode ocean there's a chance that enemy will drop pirate map.

Using the Pirate Map or Goblin Battle Standard with less than 200HP doesn't do anything. The 100HP challenge means you can't get the Goblin NPC so just have to hope you get lucky on the affixes on drops and crafts :p.

fishing challenge

can sell stuff you cant use

can use potions found or crafted

you have to fish for crates to get loot

use silt in the extractinator for ore and gems

wands that are used to place blocks are allowed

cant use any weapons, gems or ores mined, found or bought

mob drops that are weapons and armor are not allowed (unless from bosses)

fishing challenge

can sell stuff you cant use

can use potions found or crafted

you have to fish for crates to get loot

use silt in the extractinator for ore and gems

wands that are used to place blocks are allowed

cant use any weapons, gems or ores mined, found or bought

mob drops that are weapons and armor are not allowed (unless from bosses)
Trust me, I tried to do this playthrough a few months earlier. It's incredibly boring. :(

Greed playthrough

Give yourself a coin gun and 50 gold coins. This is the only weapon you can use. You always have to have your coins in your inventory. You lose when you have less than 20 gold coins. You don't lose if you die. You win if you beat Duke Fishron.

Edit: Just realised this is almost exactly the same as the "handle your money" challenge... I thought I was special...

Last edited:
Single hand challenge:
The rule is simple: you may only use one hand (or only mouse or keyboard, but not both) when fighting a boss (event bosses does not count).

(also only the defeat control setting is allowed to preventing some bypassing)

The goal is beating every non-event bosses.

Another Game challenge:
Play Terraria normally, then SUDDENLY change it to another. The goal is goal of another game and defeat Moon Lord (If EE2: Complete 24 missions, If The Settlers, 15 etc.)

megaman challenge:
all weapons/amour used must be drops from enemies/bosses
do not craft any weapon or amour
goal:beat martian invasion
have fun!

Back
Top Bottom