Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is if nintendo will allow the master sword into the game, mabe as a drop from ganondorf? Also mabe Gandordorf as an exclusive boss? :)

MAKE T HAPPEN NINTENDO NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Also can we get splatoon exclusive items, and master/crazy Hand as exclusive bosses too?

Last edited:
Thread's been slowing down a bit. Hype train need some fuel? Here you go.
Good news: We will! Check out the trailer!

Not to be a downer... but that was posted by Nintendo everything. I'm not really in the Nintendo scene but that doesn't seem like an official source to me? Though @Deanzor could shed some light on it when he's available again. :)

UH OH, THAT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ONLINE.

That's a very rough cut that I was working with the guys to polish up. You'll notice some odd equipment combos in there for sure. It's also got some early UI and a few other bits that'll change before you get to play it.

You can look forward to a shinier, more exciting trailer soon.

Yeah, I may have be the only one who noticed the player doesn't take damage at all here, I had a feeling it was early footage. But it looks great so far besides that! I can't wait to see more! I like how the bottom screen appears to work.
Also, the Nintendo 3DS intro. Is the trailer meant to be shown in a Nintendo Direct or something?

Everyone is asking what update the Wii U and 3DS Versions will be up to. Since it is under console version and not it's own like mobile I reckon it will be the equivalent of the console updates. Considering 505 Games said they have something upcoming for console in the holidays I reckon it'd be 1.3 by that time. So that means when the Wii U and 3DS versions come out it'll be 1.3... Maybe... I don't know but I hope so...

Anyway, I just wanted to say that this overall is the most amazing movement in Terraria, it's just amazing how much Terraria has changed since those first two console ports! I mean the game has had monumental updates and now the fan base is getting bigger!? I'm really exited to see how it'll turn up! Since it's in the hands of 505 I'm sure this will turn out really good for Terraria! Have a 3DS and already have a list of the new games I want, Terraria is at the top (Next to Binding of Isaac: Rebirth)!

Again I'll Hype!!:merchantwink::merchantgrin::nursecrying::nursegrin:!:passionate::sigh::dryadgrin:%:sigh:~;)~:(`:(`:confused::red2::red::redmunch::redspin::redspin::redspin::redmunch::redmunch:

:zombie::brain::joy::golem::nymph::pumpking:

Whoa!

Everyone is asking what update the Wii U and 3DS Versions will be up to. Since it is under console version and not it's own like mobile I reckon it will be the equivalent of the console updates. Considering 505 Games said they have something upcoming for console in the holidays I reckon it'd be 1.3 by that time. So that means when the Wii U and 3DS versions come out it'll be 1.3... Maybe... I don't know but I hope so...

Anyway, I just wanted to say that this overall is the most amazing movement in Terraria, it's just amazing how much Terraria has changed since those first two console ports! I mean the game has had monumental updates and now the fan base is getting bigger!? I'm really exited to see how it'll turn up! Since it's in the hands of 505 I'm sure this will turn out really good for Terraria! Have a 3DS and already have a list of the new games I want, Terraria is at the top (Next to Binding of Isaac: Rebirth)!

Again I'll Hype!!:merchantwink::merchantgrin::nursecrying::nursegrin:!:passionate::sigh::dryadgrin:%:sigh:~;)~:(`:(`:confused::red2::red::redmunch::redspin::redspin::redspin::redmunch::redmunch:

:zombie::brain::joy::golem::nymph::pumpking:

Whoa!
If you read the OP, we've edited in some of Deanzor's responses :) He said that it likely won't have all of 1.3's content upon release but it should have some as well as all of 1.2.4 and prior. So maybe this holiday we'll get 1.2.4 for consoles? :)

That's true. Still my mind is absolutely buzzing with the excitement of 1.3 on 3DS anyway!
[DOUBLEPOST=1438673086,1438672778][/DOUBLEPOST]Moon Lord on 3DS... My friends playing Minecraft... Looking at it and wondering why they even are playing Minecraft when they can battle it out on Terraria on every system!?
[DOUBLEPOST=1438673267][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait a second... So what you are saying is a little bit of 1.3 will be on it at it's release... Wow... I thought it'd be the massive 1.3 update but even a little is super exciting!?

Wait a second... So what you are saying is a little bit of 1.3 will be on it at it's release... Wow... I thought it'd be the massive 1.3 update but even a little is super exciting!?
I didn't say it Deanzor did :)
Content-wise, we're seeing what we can shoehorn in. 3DS is less powerful than even a basic smartphone, and the lower screen resolution presents a challenge. Of course the two screens are also a massive opportunity, and one we will exploit to the full.

We've got everything up to 1.2 in so far, and we're still working. We won't get all the 1.3 content in for launch, we know that. But please look forward to further updates on how we're doing there.

UH OH, THAT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ONLINE.

That's a very rough cut that I was working with the guys to polish up. You'll notice some odd equipment combos in there for sure. It's also got some early UI and a few other bits that'll change before you get to play it.

You can look forward to a shinier, more exciting trailer soon.
Oh.

So, first the leak for this game and now this? How do these things get out?

so if the ab/ax/lr buttons will be used for left click and right click then will we be able to bind other functions to the remaining buttons such as quick grapple, quick heal, quick mount,etc. also will you be updating it regualry for the patches like on pc once you get the software ready for 1.3?

I know it's to specific yet for release date, but will the release be around the same time for both America and Europe?

Also, in world gen on console the upside down side ways blocks don't appear in world gen, will 3DS have this in world gen (yes I know that when released it will be up to 1.2.4, but just wondering).

Hype!

Wait... All of them are sad!

;(:dryadcry::merchantcry::nursecrying:~:cry:`:cry:... (It's so beautiful! 3DS and Wii U getting Terraria)

Will there be cross platform play? In other words, if I have the 3DS version and my friend has the Wii U version, will we be able to use the 3DS like an extra screen/controller for multiplayer?

Will there be cross platform play? In other words, if I have the 3DS version and my friend has the Wii U version, will we be able to use the 3DS like an extra screen/controller for multiplayer?

No, you can't use the 3ds as a controller for Wii U. You also can't play 3ds versus Wii U in multiplayer like on Vita/PS3 because the 3ds couldn't handle the larger worlds of the Wii u version.

You can use your old Wii Remote and Nunchuks as controllers though. Everyone's got those, right?

I know it's to specific yet for release date, but will the release be around the same time for both America and Europe?

Also, in world gen on console the upside down side ways blocks don't appear in world gen, will 3DS have this in world gen (yes I know that when released it will be up to 1.2.4, but just wondering).

Hype!

Wait... All of them are sad!

;(:dryadcry::merchantcry::nursecrying:~:cry:`:cry:... (It's so beautiful! 3DS and Wii U getting Terraria)

I'll need to check and get back to you on the second part when I'm back in work, but we're planning for simultaneous releases in EU and U.S. Or at least as close as the normal release days in those regions allow. Same week, basically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom