What is the eaisest Celestial Tower?

Which Was The First Pillar You Killed?

• Total voters
As for which pillar I found to be easiest, definitely Vortex. The gravity-beam is annoying, yes, but Vortex enemies are TERRIBLE at capitalizing on it. Most of the time, it's actually BENEFICIAL for me. I get free infinite hovering left and right to shoot everything like a maniac. How this is supposed to be a debuff is beyond me.
The gravity part isn't really true, especially on expert mode even with post Moon Moon gear.
If there happen to be more than 2 storm divers in expert mode on-screen and you get hit by the alien goop, they'll just shotgun you into another dimension because they shoot they sit horizontally next to you and you can only hover horizontally. Aka 100% accuracy for them which means 100% certain death for you. They also happen to have 1600 HP.
It's harder to get to that point in normal mode since the debuff is shorter and the Storm Divers deall less damage and have less HP, so you can somewhat out-DPS them.
But in expert mode you're pretty much :red:ed, and the hornets are tanky as hell, so they turn into even tankier queens.

The gravity part isn't really true, especially on expert mode even with post Moon Moon gear.
If there happen to be more than 2 storm divers in expert mode on-screen and you get hit by the alien goop, they'll just shotgun you into another dimension because they shoot they sit horizontally next to you and you can only hover horizontally.
That part isn't really true. First of all, when you're hit by the Gravity beam there's a period where it lifts you up into the air first before locking you at any particular height. It's veeery slow. And even then there's a little bouncing going on.

And as for the Storm Divers, they take their sweet time lining up shots (at least in my experience). I often have them dead before they can even open fire.

Spamming Chlorophyte Bullets with a Vortex Beater will have that effect, y'know.

That part isn't really true. First of all, when you're hit by the Gravity beam there's a period where it lifts you up into the air first before locking you at any particular height. It's veeery slow. And even then there's a little bouncing going on.

And as for the Storm Divers, they take their sweet time lining up shots (at least in my experience). I often have them dead before they can even open fire.

Spamming Chlorophyte Bullets with a Vortex Beater will have that effect, y'know.
Meh, I spammed Crystal + Best Damage loadout while hitting over 80% of my shots + shrapnel and I still got killed because 1) I had received a bit of damage from the alien queen 2) where there are alien queens, there also are hornets which go in front of the storm divers and tank the shots 3) The debuf lasts long enough to kill just 2 and I just can't deal 4000 DPS for a third one.

Stardust pillar is the easiest in my opinion.
Nebula is the second easiet
Vortex the third
And Solar four- wait why did 3 people vote solar as the easiest.
Do these three people know something about those flaming centipede bastards that I don't because my god solar tower is impossible with them.

Meh, I spammed Crystal + Best Damage loadout while hitting over 80% of my shots + shrapnel and I still got killed because 1) I had received a bit of damage from the alien queen 2) where there are alien queens, there also are hornets which go in front of the storm divers and tank the shots 3) The debuf lasts long enough to kill just 2 and I just can't deal 4000 DPS for a third one.
I spam Chlorophyte Ammo and that's about it. All of my accessories are menacing, sure, but the only one that does anything specific for ranged is my Sniper Scope. I'm wearing Summoner gear, too. So maybe the Star Cells have something to do with it?

Solar is by far the easiest. If your weapon has high knockback (and you stay out of the sky) you can easily crush all the enemies.
Next is nebula, as they all have rather predictable attacks and they also have relatively low health.

The ones I find most difficult are stardust and vortex as they are the only ones with enemies that have projectiles with large hit boxes.

Stardust pillar is the easiest in my opinion.
Nebula is the second easiet
Vortex the third
And Solar four- wait why did 3 people vote solar as the easiest.
Do these three people know something about those flaming centipede bastards that I don't because my god solar tower is impossible with them.
Solar is difficult if you try flying around to kill enemies. Crawltipedes do not attack if you are close or on the ground. Also, you can cheese it and block yourself in. Solar is the hardest if you actually fight it from my experience.

Solar is just incredibly frustrating with the limited mobility and the Srollers who zoom up on you through terrain and reflect damage back at you
Correction: Srollers just charge at you. Its the Corites who go through the ground, and Selenians who reflect things at you.

Srollers definitely ignore terrain when they are doing their divebomb attack. I've found it incredibly difficult to avoid. At least the homing shots can be knocked down (unlike the Nebula homing shots). Srollers are the huge problem for me in Solar.

Solar is difficult if you try flying around to kill enemies. Crawltipedes do not attack if you are close or on the ground. Also, you can cheese it and block yourself in. Solar is the hardest if you actually fight it from my experience.

*Proceeds to have an intimidate relationship with the ground to avoid Crawltipedes*

I would have to rank Vortex and Stardust as both the easiest, but Solar comes as second hardest and Nebula as the hardest. I could do well with Pre-Pillar equipment on Vortex and Stardust but I found it difficult to survive very long at Solar and Nebula. After I got a Stardust Dragon, it was quite easy to do the Solar one, though the Nebula Pillar still had me die a few times. This is coming from the perspective of a mage who wears Spectre armor and spams the Laser Machine Gun while chugging Mana Potions, if that amounts to anything.

Lets compare the pillars then:

gjbkSZX.png
Vortex: The enemies are fragile and being mostly ranged fighters keep their distance. Considered the easiest by most, especialy if you can block their projectiles by creating a makeshift wall. They are needed for the Phantasm Bow
yLIVjjt.png
Stardust: The cells split and grow with each cell counting as a slain mob, this mitosis makes them theoreticlay the easiest, since you can farm them with little patience (and restraint, since one has to be alive), Their fragment can craft the Stardust Dragon Staff
NoJXxdQ.png
Solar: Considered the hardest for two reasons. The first of the abundance of quick fast mobs on the ground, the other is the Crawltipede, which ignored earthbound players but will home in like a heatseeker missile on airborne players. You get the Solar Flare from them
tZxoB62.png
Nebula: Magic oriented aliens, so that makes then like Votrex in terms of frailty, but also makes them more dangerous because of debuffs. Both weapons are good IMO, but they are mana-heavy

I'd go for the flairon or the Razorblade Typhoon with the Xeno Staff or the Tempest Staff for support.

Hmm, With caster gear and a Razorblade Typhoon + Stardust Dragon, EASILY Vortex, even though it is the ranged themed pillar. Next would be Stardust, The only thing that really kills me there is the Flow invaders and their stupid projectiles. Then Nebula, I don't have much trouble with it, it can be quite easy to doge the Brain Sucklers,but those teleporting Nebula Floaters are what get me there. If I'm on the ground though, most definitely the evolution beasts. Of course, practically everyone's biggest fear, the Solar pillar. OH MY GOD. I easily rek The freakin Moon Lord with the Terrarian, but when it comes to the Solar Pillar it is Supreme court of death, and you are guilty. Unless you stay on the Ground, avoiding Crawltipedes, but still open to those F***ing Srollers and Corites. Yes, I'm a Terraria Nerd.

I still don't know how people have any problem with the Solar pillar ;-;

There are 2 reasons, 1 is the Crawtipedle, who will ignore you if you're grounded, but will hunt you down the moment you're airborne, the other is the rest of the enimeis which, with the exception of the Cortie, cannot reach you if you're in the air, but if you try to avoid the cratipeedle by staying on the ground, then chances are the other mobs will overwhelm you.

In the four pillars, I found the Stardust and Vortex to be equal in difficulty. Stardust doesn't have much problem other then Flow Invaders which shoots projectiles that deals high damages. Vortex is similarly easy, just fly in the air and take out Storm Drivers first before any others as they deal the highest damage. The hornets should die quickly as your weapons as that standard should be good enough, ignore the Alien Queen unless there is no Storm Drivers nearby. Just remember to dodge the Alien Queen's projectile, as it is that that inflicts you with the Gravity Distortion debuff. You can counter this debuff by flying horizontally and downwards.
Solar is second hardest. Just remember to keep near the ground every single moment when the pillar is still alive, use any weapons to keep other enemies, especially Stroller, at bay. Dodge any Corites that charges at you and kill them quickly as possible, unless a Stroller is nearby. For Nebula, it is the hardest amongst the 4 pillars. The Floating nebula is the most annoying monster, shooting a beam at you then quickly teleports to another location. In the battle of Nebula Pillar, keep moving. If you have the Cosmic Car key, go around the Pillar in circles to avoid most of the projectiles.
My accessories usually all warding, using Lightning Boots, Fishron Wings, Charm of Myths, Ankh Shield, Star Viel.
My primary weapons are Vampire Knives and Flairon.

There are 2 reasons, 1 is the Crawtipedle, who will ignore you if you're grounded, but will hunt you down the moment you're airborne, the other is the rest of the enimeis which, with the exception of the Cortie, cannot reach you if you're in the air, but if you try to avoid the cratipeedle by staying on the ground, then chances are the other mobs will overwhelm you.

If you make a hole in the ground whose entrances are only 2 wide (so you drop into it), no enemies can get you except Corites.

Back
Top Bottom