Toughest mechanical boss you have ever fought!

So really, which one pissed you off?

• Total voters

Dreadful man

Cultist
Well, hi there! This my first thread so I thought it should be an opinion thread cause...Why Not? Also, after some searching I only found remains of such a thread so I just created it. Now enough blabbering and onto the thread. As the title says, this thread is to pour you :red: of the time when you first fought a mechanical boss(and defeated?). Was it the toughest you ever fought? If it was how did you defeat it?,etc. Now don't go saying that the wiki says skeleton prime is the toughest and the destroyer the easiest, cause I myself am against it!:cool:

For me the destroyer is the toughest and it still is even with post-plantera weapons :sigh:(haven't defeated golem, need to prepare for the climax), while skeleton prime was the easiest (don't know why). This thread can also be helpful for new terrarians who have just tasted hardmode and want to make a choice, if the techniques are also posted. So, time to blabber!:p

Twins. I hate them. I will always hate them. They gave me a trauma to the point that even endgame I am scared to fight them.

At the beginning I thought Skeletron Prime is the hardest, but with a good weapon he's easier than The Twins. Now I think The Twins are the hardest, because of their attack pattern (especially in Expert Mode) and their buffed damage).

The Destroyer is easy if you've got a weapon that can harm many segments. The Daedalus Stormbow make this battle a cakewalk.

The Destroyer. He rushes through blocks, and he has the probes which can also pass through blocks. It gets incredibly difficult when half of the screen is taken up by laser blasts. Plus, he has the most health out of all of the Mechanical Bosses, so killing him take a long time.

With the new 1.3, For me destroyer became a cake, build above ground platform around 50 high, small house to protect from the lazers, and become a ranger using only Daedalus Stormbow with Hell arrows, you'll see him dropping from 120k Hp -Expert- to 60k in around 30 seconds, (Having the right potions and accs)

But now, Jesus tits if the destroyer ain't a pain, your defense is good if the mob touches you, but dear god if you think you can lower the dmg of a projectile, HAHA, Have mercy on yourself. DAMN FOOKING BOMBS. 70 dmg per bomb, byebye hp.

Twins. Always hesitated fighting them. It's literally fighting two bosses tbh.
The Destroyer is quite hard with a melee character, but with Daedalus Stormbow + Holy arrows (optionally with some ranged set, but not neccessary, i actually did it with a melee set for the def) = a complete wreck.

Destroyer. In one of my playthroughs, I could easily defeat Twins twice a night, Skeletron Prime 1 minute before dawn, but I couldn't kill Destroyer. But later, when changing from ranged to melee, I finally beat him.

Destroyer. In one of my playthroughs, I could easily defeat Twins twice a night, Skeletron Prime 1 minute before dawn, but I couldn't kill Destroyer. But later, when changing from ranged to melee, I finally beat him.
Could you tell me what melee set and weapons did you use?

Destroyer was meh. The Twins were insane, and I thought that was the hardest boss I'd fight.
Then I fought Prime.
His saw and vice constantly hovered on me. His laser shot me when I tried to run away. And it doubled when he spun.
I died.
I actually grinded Destroyer for Hallowed, and only then I won.

I have no idea why people think skeletron prime is the toughest, he went down easily for me. The destroyer was a little tougher, but not really a problem with the nimbus rod. The twins however, make me want to just cry. Even spazmatism stays JUST out of reach of my yoyo (should probably get the yoyo bag for that lol) and his second form cursed fire flamethrower just destroys me, because I get greedy and try to get 1 more hit. Evil

The Twins.
After absolutely dominating the Destroyer (Daedalus Stormbow FTW), me any my friend decided to go for the Twins. 4 attempts, we have yet to beat 'em.
It's Spazz's Death Breath in phase 2 that always gets us. And the cross-map dashing.

(Expert Mode FYI)
3. The Destroyer is definitely tough if you don't have the right weapons but he is extremely vulnerable to piercing weapons; Daedalus Bow (Holy Arrows FTW) and Magical Harp specifically.

2. The Twins are tough but the key is to use gravitation potions. The Twins (esp. Spazmatism) situate themselves in places where they cannot hit you but you can easily hit them. Retinazer Phase 2 is probably the deadliest part actually but by focusing Spazmatism (he's more aggro anyways) it makes it a lot easier.

1. Skeletron Prime is definitely the toughest, mostly due to his 4 limbs. He moves much more erratically then the Twins and you have to worry about the lasers, bombs and 4 limbs. Interesting to note but his combined health is about 88500 in Expert Mode, rivaling the Destroyer in health. I'll admit, after three attempts, I cheesed Skeletron Prime by causing three of the limbs to despawn, rendering the fight an absolute joke.

(Expert Mode FYI)
3. The Destroyer is definitely tough if you don't have the right weapons but he is extremely vulnerable to piercing weapons; Daedalus Bow (Holy Arrows FTW) and Magical Harp specifically.

2. The Twins are tough but the key is to use gravitation potions. The Twins (esp. Spazmatism) situate themselves in places where they cannot hit you but you can easily hit them. Retinazer Phase 2 is probably the deadliest part actually but by focusing Spazmatism (he's more aggro anyways) it makes it a lot easier.

1. Skeletron Prime is definitely the toughest, mostly due to his 4 limbs. He moves much more erratically then the Twins and you have to worry about the lasers, bombs and 4 limbs. Interesting to note but his combined health is about 88500 in Expert Mode, rivaling the Destroyer in health. I'll admit, after three attempts, I cheesed Skeletron Prime by causing three of the limbs to despawn, rendering the fight an absolute joke.

Guess it depends on your arena and weapon, Skeletron Prime was a ton easier for me than the Twins, got skeletron in one try, he's pretty much no different in expert mode anyway, just dashing over his melee arms (Saw/Claw) when out of space with the EoC shield and focusing his laser arm/head, Twins I've generally just hated, not super hard but the more annoying of them all.
Destroyer with daedalus bow and jester/holy arrows, I used jester though, was a complete joke in my arena, arena is so wide and deep that he can't get up to where I stand so all I had to do was spam arrows. xD

Back
Top Bottom