Dark mummies not spawning?

Nobelium

Terrarian
Hi,
I'm trying to get the Dao of Pow. In order to get that I need a dark shard, which is gotten from dark/shadow mummies. However, they spawn in corrupted deserts, which is the problem. I have tried to make a corrupted desert for a few days now, but with no avail. I even tried resetting terraria, and it didn't work. Any pointers? Am I doing something wrong? I have an iPad Air with iOS 8.4 and terraria version 1.2.8631.

Last edited:
If moving some corrupted tiles to your desert hasn't made it into a corrupted desert, try adding some sand to your corruption. Just one layer of sand as wide as you can make it. Then wait for the corruption to turn the sand into ebonsand. I think that desert enemies are able to spawn on even small amounts of sand.

If moving some corrupted tiles to your desert hasn't made it into a corrupted desert, try adding some sand to your corruption. Just one layer of sand as wide as you can make it. Then wait for the corruption to turn the sand into ebonsand. I think that desert enemies are able to spawn on even small amounts of sand.
Hi, thank you for helping, but I already tried this. I even put multiple layers to make sure. I tried this two days ago and it didn't work. Attached is the image.
image.jpg

[DOUBLEPOST=1439075855,1439075810][/DOUBLEPOST]
Four words; Clentaminator And Purple Solution
Tried that too. Didn't work.

Actually that looks great! It did turn to ebonsand. Have you tried going to one side so that the ebonsand is offscreen and therefore corruption desert enemies can spawn on the ebonsand and come towards you? Bring a water candle or two to help up the spawn rates.

If that doesn't work, then I'm stumped.

Actually that looks great! It did turn to ebonsand. Have you tried going to one side so that the ebonsand is offscreen and therefore corruption desert enemies can spawn on the ebonsand and come towards you? Bring a water candle or two to help up the spawn rates.

Ok I'll try that. I'll get back to you if it works.

I just tried it, but it didn't work. Any more suggestions?

Sorry, no. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure that world has had Wall of a Flesh killed and is in hardmode. I see your character has tons of hardmode items and I see there is ebonsand - sand can be turned into ebonsand only in hardmode, but even with those things there's a small chance the world may not be in hardmode (might have brought a hardmode character to a pre-hardmode world and might have brought ebonsand from a hardmode world and placed it in a pre-hardmode world). Of course you would know for sure, I'm just saying it's one more thing to double check since I can't be sure based on the photo.

Sorry it's not working for you.

Sorry, no. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure that world has had Wall of a Flesh killed and is in hardmode. I see your character has tons of hardmode items and I see there is ebonsand - sand can be turned into ebonsand only in hardmode, but even with those things there's a small chance the world may not be in hardmode (might have brought a hardmode character to a pre-hardmode world and might have brought ebonsand from a hardmode world and placed it in a pre-hardmode world). Of course you would know for sure, I'm just saying it's one more thing to double check since I can't be sure based on the photo.

Sorry it's not working for you.
Hi,
Yes, the world is definitely on hard mode. I have defeated wof multiple times already. I just double checked and defeated the wof again and there is still the problem. Do you think that maybe the developers accidentally removed the darks shard from the game? Because I have gotten the light shard from the hallow desert very easily but the corrupted desert isn't happening.

Do you have access to crimsand? Or another world slot to keep creating a world until you get a crimson one, then bring some crimson blocks over to try to make crimsand.

I'm remembering something now about the dark mummies spawning better on crimsand than on ebonsand.

Edited because than is different than then.

Last edited:
Do you have access to crimsand? Or another world slot to keep creating a world until you get a crimson one, then bring some crimson blocks over to try to make crimsand.

I'm remembering something now about the dark mummies spawning better on crimsand then on ebonsand.
I do have crimesand, I will try that out immediately.

I'm remembering something now about the dark mummies spawning better on crimsand than on ebonsand.

Edited because than is different than then.
OMG Thank you! I finally got dark mummies to spawn. You are such a big help. I finally got the dark shard and made the Dao of pow. Thank you so much!!!

This is great news! I'm sorry that I didn't remember the crimsand/ebonsand spawn difference until well into our discussion. I only make crimson worlds and trash any corruption worlds.

I'm glad it worked. :)

Back
Top Bottom