Artificial Biome Making Guide

Cryx

Retinazer
This is my first guide by the way :).

Whether it's Biome Key farming, the Truffle NPC, NPC items or even just plain aesthetics! This guide will teach you how to make artificial biomes!

Mushroom Biome: As this biome seems to be very useful, I will start off with it first.
First, a temporary Mushroom Biome can be activated using 50 Mushroom Grass tiles, but for a permanent one, 100 Mushroom Grass tiles must be used.
(Glowing Mushroom blocks and Giant Glowing Mushroom blocks are counted toward the Biome count).

Jungle Biome: This biome can be created using 80 Jungle Grass tiles and the plant tiles that grow above the surface (Lihzahrd Bricks count).

Snow Biome: This biome is created using 300 Snow and Ice blocks.

Corruption/Crimson: At least 200 blocks themed to the corresponding biome are needed to activate the biome.

Hallow: At least 100 Hallow themed blocks are needed to create the biome.

Desert: As this is the hardest biome to make, I will put it last.
1000 Sand blocks are needed to activate the biome.

Welp, I know that most of you know how to do this, but I noticed That there really wasn't a guide explaining how to do this so I had to do it.

Last edited:
This is my first guide by the way :).

Whether it's Biome Key farming, the Truffle NPC, NPC items or even just plain aesthetics! This guide will teach you how to make artificial biomes!

Mushroom Biome: As this biome seems to be very useful, I will start off with it first.
First, a temporary Mushroom Biome can be activated using 50 Mushroom Grass tiles, but for a permanent one, 100 Mushroom Grass tiles must be used.
(Glowing Mushroom blocks and Giant Glowing Mushroom blocks are counted toward the Biome count).

Jungle Biome: This biome can be created using 80 Jungle Grass tiles and the plant tiles that grow above the surface (Lihzahrd Bricks count).

Snow Biome: This biome is created using 1000 Snow and Ice blocks.

Corruption/Crimson: At least 200 blocks themed to the corresponding biome are needed to activate the biome.

Hallow: At least 100 Hallow themed blocks are needed to create the biome.

Desert: As this is the hardest biome to make, I will put it last.
1000 Sand blocks are needed to activate the biome.

Welp, I know that most of you know how to do this, but I noticed That there really wasn't a guide explaining how to do this so I had to do it.
I didn't know any of that actually. Thanks for posting this.

Are you sure about the Desert? I have demolished a few with the mining drill and continued to get the background + music with only ~100-200 on screen or less.

Are you sure about the Desert? I have demolished a few with the mining drill and continued to get the background + music with only ~100-200 on screen or less.

Hi kilo! I've seen you've activated a temporary biome. It activates when an abundant amount of required blocks have been placed, but enemy spawns are VERY rare to almost no spawns.

enemy spawns are VERY rare to almost no spawns.
Not certain what you're saying, but as far as I'm aware, spawn surface block types is almost entirely what determines monsters type. Spawn rate is independent and that is set by the highest rate biome that is currently active (there can be multiple at once). Here (in my world's edge testing ground) I have jungle active (with 80 grass blocks) for max base spawn rate, but am only getting desert monsters.
CropperCapture[28].jpg
Do you think sand/desert biome now increases spawn rate a lot above the basic (pure) forst biome?

Not certain what you're saying, but as far as I'm aware, spawn surface block types is almost entirely what determines monsters type. Spawn rate is independent and that is set by the highest rate biome that is currently active (there can be multiple at once). Here (in my world's edge testing ground) I have jungle active (with 80 grass blocks) for max base spawn rate, but am only getting desert monsters.
View attachment 68481
Do you think sand/desert biome now increases spawn rate a lot above the basic (pure) forst biome?

Umm... What?

All I'm saying is that when the block amount of a desert (Or any other biome really) reaches to lower and lower amounts, it just doesn't do much as a permanent biome can m8.

Back
Top Bottom