Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, wiring stuff!

Well, the first things that come to mind:
- At LEAST 2 new wire wrench colors (yellow and pink? Fits the Team Colors!)
- A multi-color wrench (right click to "click" through color options)
- Wireless transmitters to convey wire signals over difficult to wire locations, or long range (And for wireless teleporters, please!)
- A variation of Snickerbobble's florescent beams
- Some new functional mob statues, perhaps other functional statues with misc. features
For the wireless transmitters. How about you can pick a frequency, like 1-99 and tramsmitters with the same frequencies will transmit signals?

You should maybe have doors that are lockable with wiring and can be set to only allow certain players (like the sims 4). Also, an easier way to spread wire a long distance.

EDIT: Wire activated turrets. Like a trap that shoots bullets or the TF2 turrets.

I have some ideas that I've made on the spot here, and they might've already been suggested, but here we go.

- Solar/Lunar activators, to activate contraptions based on the time of day or light present.
- Liquid activators, to active contraptions based on the liquid present, touching the activator.

Maybe dimmer switches for lights? Instead of changing the light settings for all lights, be able to customize lighting on a smaller scale.

• First and foremost, a wireless pairing method - an object configured with a textbox where you input numbers; all objects with the same number are linked; all objects need to be connected to their activator or gadget with normal wire.

Now, this should be considered the end-game mechanic toy; it costs both arms and legs, and should be used when you've got no other way of making your experiment work. Make it expensive, but worth it, because it's extremely important (at least to me).

• More wire colors, but not more wrenches - just have an omni-wrench kind of thing, where right clicking cycles between colors. Have it be crafted with some expensive materials form the mechanic.
Logic gates - for those more technically inclined, advanced programming methods.
• If no wireless pairing is implemented, tech-specific accessories (evidently combine-able, like the construction ones but funnily enough not the fishing ones for some reason) - everything from placement speed to range to special effects (like tracing lines on the map instead of walking the distance, you know, to not waste a day setting up your teleporters).
Continuous activator - the timers are cute, but sometimes you just want something to activate at the speed of light (or game frames).
• Move all activators (switches levers etc.) except pressure plates to the same layer as wires - no real reason, just think it would be more handy to not need a wall or w/e for them.

That's pretty much all I have, and it mostly pertains to mechanics (nopun) as opposed to items.
I do have a suggestion for an item though:
Electric fence/grid/area trap [made with stuff, probably alien bricks because nothing usable is made from those]- simple really, instead of fiddling around with lava, just gimme a toggle-able pain machine for those special invasion or statue farming needs.

Last edited:
-Craftable statues made from banners and stone that spawn their respective creature.
-Laser tripwires that sense anything that passes by them (can be used for large pits where enemies fall in and activate traps instead of timers constantly going off [bought from cyborg]).
-Blocks that can fire projectiles at enemies when powered to go with the laser tripwire (could be crafted from arcane rune walls, crystal blocks, and any type of ammunition, although Rocket !! and IV might be a bad idea for this one[will fire where it is facing if no enemies are in sight).
-A remote switch that can be used from your inventory (seeing as everyone wants remote wiring, and it could be crafted from a teleporter, metal depending on when this item is available {early or endgame}, wires, and a wrench to respond to different receivers [red to red, blue to blue, etc.])
-A pedestal that powers on when a sword is placed in it, perhaps if the wrong sword is entered it could set off a different color of wire (crafted with stone, a pressure plate, and wire).
-A block that powers on when liquid passes over it (crafted from a pressure plate, wire, stone, and a magic dropper).
-Blocks that give buffs and debuffs when stood on and powered [crafted from stone, wire, and an accessory with a debuff resistance (blindfold, alarm clock, almost any component of the ahnk charm or potion with certain affects {obsidian skin, inferno, etc.}) I would love to use an obsidian skin block to walk through lava corridors of a base where mobs could never enter.
-A machine (crafted from a teleporter, a flesh cloning vat, wires, nanites, and a gun or sword (not sure which specifically) that could create androids {3 at a time limit} to fight for you. Like a minion summoner, but stationary. I would place these in my base that is not full of lava as a home security system.

How about being able to use the timers and pressure plates in the same game and it not causing the timer not to work with statues.

Anyone here play Garry's Mod?
Then you surely know of the addon "Wiremod"

Nuff said, I want microprocessors, memory modules and pretty much everything you could posibly imagine (and more wire colors!)
Programmable microprocessors would be awesome (probably using either lua, python, or some other integrated scripting language (custom?), probably JIT compiled at runtime to work), but they'd only be useful with the additonal parts to function with them.

Now since that's not going to happen (the codebase for that would probaly dwarf the actual games codebase many times over) then perhaps more wire colors, turrets, wire lights, elevators or escalators, electrified blocks, that kinda stuff.

What I have in mind is more for disabling traps and collecting wires in dungeons. I also have something pretty useful.
- Wirerang
- Boomerang dropped from the Mechanic
- Tooltip - Better than a Wire Cutter
- Player Detector
- Activates when a specific player is nearby
- Block Detector
- Activates when a specific block is placed nearby it

Hope this helps!

First of all, I think there needs to be a way to move blocks via machinery, perhaps a piston or a series of cogs to carry things along (perhaps different from the regular cog?). I'm not going to bother with crafting recipes because I never seem good with balance. I think another thing would be some sort of actuator wrench. You hit a block with it and it actuates/de-actuates. If none of this sounds stupid, I'll go into more detail.

So I was thinking of things that people might not have suggested yet.
1. How about torches that change colors based off the color of the wire connecting it. This would make it possible to cycle through images like a slide show.
2. Piping- this would be a special type of wiring that only moves liquid. They would be made of stone but there would be special parts that do special things like change the direction the liquid is flowing or change the liquid into a different liquid. All of these parts could connect together. The inlets and outlets would also be included in this set.
3. Draw bridges- these would act like really be doors basically. It shouldn't be too hard to add a new sprite and change a couple of values in the doors code to make this. Instead of opening horizontally it would go diagonally down. You know like a draw bridge.
4. Electric door blocks- these special types of blocks open up and down and can be strung together to make huge doors. They would have a special animation where they disappear one by one then re appear one by one.
5. A device that changes what a specific wire stream is connected to. Say you have some red wire intersecting it's self but you don't want both things it's connected to to activate at the same time and you don't want to waste more wire to connect a different color then you would place this device In the intersection and it would cut off one of the paths and connect another. You can change the connections by using the next item.
6. The remote- this item is used by left clicking to change the path and right clicking to connect all the paths. You can also use this item the the cross section for the piping I mentioned earlier but the liquid would just follow gravity and fall if there is a connection on the bottom or go forward.

Thank you for taking time to ask for suggestions. And good luck. `;)`:D

I'd love some sort of vacuum block or something that, when powered, would draw in all of the drops that are near it and would store the items into any chests that are wired to it. Would be really helpful for when you're farming the frost/pumpkin moon and there's so many drops that some end up despawning. Of course it would only work with items and not mana stars/hearts.

More timers! 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute.
@Snickerbobble had an idea about more timers, 2 and 4-second ones with Tin and Tungsten Watches, and then a Deactivator with Platinum. Which is awesome.

As for me... I want Boulders to become a useful trap again. IDEA: Maybe a "Regenerative Boulder"? Would be a post-Mech boulder sold by the Steampunker to bridge the gap between Lihzahrd traps and the normal Dart Trap. Could regenerate every 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom