Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make an easy wire tool you select on wire-able object then click on another one then a menu pops up to ask witch wire color to use you select whichever on you have in your inventory if you don't have enough it says sorry not enough red wire or green wire respectively if you have enough wire it will say wiring complete if you want to Change a object you selected you right click the object that you selected it will be glowing gold and this feature should be optimized so that the wire goes around the same color not strait through. This easy wire tool will be sold by the mechanic for 2 platinum in hardmode after the twins have been defeated

Enchanted Moondial (not really a mechanical item), or some sort of statue/switch/potion that can be activated to make it the start of night time! ;)

Larger doors that can be opened and closed with wiring. Trap doors that open and close(I realize that activators can do this, but having an item that looks like a trap door, that people know may open up if they step on something or press the wrong switch.)

Doors that require a code to open, like when you right click it, a number pad pops up and you must input a 4 digit code to open it successfully. When you put in in initially, you'll be prompted to set the code. These doors are unbreakable, and can only be removed from their open state. When the door shuts, it locks it. Optionally, a wrong code could trigger a wiring signal to set a trap. :D

An actuator type item that makes it impossible to mine the block it's placed on. It must be used carefully! But as a precaution, there's a pick/item that will let you remove these blocks, but it's very slow and takes many hits to remove them.

Of course, statues that can summon most of the mobs, instead of just a few. Maybe also invisible statues that summon mobs, you can only see them when you are holding a wrench/wire cutters and they look transparent, like when placing furniture.

A second set of heart and mana statues that drop large hearts and large stars, that do double the healing/mana recovery. Of course, the current mana statues could be nerfed to 50 mana recovery to accomodate larger 100 mana recovering stars.

If I think of more, I'll be back of course!

Thanks for everything already! You guys are the best at listening to your audience! :D

It wouldn't be that complicated as long as the two systems are different enough so that people can't get them confused, the second one doesn't even have to be wire based. Also, there's still a few things that are a lot simpler to make with the current system like doors and light switches with multiple inputs.

I meant complicated for the internals of terraria, and I said two wiring systems because even if it were based on light, it would still in effect be a wiring systsem. Also wires storing state wouldn't prevent multiple inputs for doors

Someone else mentioned a liquid generator, so here's a link to my thread on the subject.

Anyways, here's a few more ideas:

Items:
Run-Once timers: Just like a normal timer, accept it turns itself off after activating once.
Button: exactly like a switch, except with out two visual states.
Disintegrator?: Something that destroys blocks, but less drastic than the explosives. For elaborate traps.
Indicator Lights: Just a little one-tile colored lights you can stick on the wall.

New Mechanics:
Off and On Signals: Currently most mechanisms work on a toggle basis. In addition there could be separate ON/OFF signals, and switches that would send the two alternately, and there should probably also be buttons that always that send one or the other. The ON signal turns on lights, opens doors, and starts timers. The OFF signal does the opposite. For mechanisms that don't have two states, ON would do the same as the existing behavior and OFF would be ignored.
Synchronize Switches: With or without the above, when you flip a switch, all other switch on the circuit flip too, just to make it neater visually.

I meant complicated for the internals of terraria, and I said two wiring systems because even if it were based on light, it would still in effect be a wiring systsem. Also wires storing state wouldn't prevent multiple inputs for doors
It wouldn't prevent it, but it would make it a lot more complicated. As for the stress a second system might put on Terraria, I guess that's something to leave up to the devs, since they're the only ones that might know for sure how true that is.

Can we PLEASE make Gemspark Walls interact with Wires?
I would LOVE to build an ultimate DJ room, but I cried when I learned that I cannot wire the Gemspark Walls to turn the lights on and off.

It wouldn't prevent it, but it would make it a lot more complicated. As for the stress a second system might put on Terraria, I guess that's something to leave up to the devs, since they're the only ones that might know for sure how true that is.

Could you give me a detailed example of how wires with on/off states (i.e. if a switch connected to a wire was on, the wire would be on) would make currently simple things more complicated? Maybe you don't understand what I mean, or maybe I just haven't though hard enough :)

Soo many good ideas, but I think I've got one nobody else has said yet... The "Sliders" remote: Allows you to open a portal to a different .wld file, or generate a new random one to "slide" to. Other than that, the WiFi thing, the coding a number on teleporters to make them work so they go anywhere in the world without long wires, the florescent light beams/trip lasers etc., conveyer belt systems(maybe with the cogs?), electric fence node blocks that arc to other same blocks within 9 or 10 tiles, spear traps being able to be hammered to fire sideways, alternate statues for heart and star production on the same set of wires(so that the timers don't need MORE work), Cannons(bunny ones too) should be able to be tied together with wiring to a switch or lever(the number wired together uses that many of the ammo needed), 2 or 3 more colors of wrench/wire, a digital clock that takes up a 4x8 wall like an art frame but displays the current in game time constantly. so many comas. must stop typing.

A placeable spawner that, when powered, spawns the chosen enemy.2

A placeable dispenser that, when powered, dispenses all items stored inside it.

Could you give me a detailed example of how wires with on/off states (i.e. if a switch connected to a wire was on, the wire would be on) would make currently simple things more complicated? Maybe you don't understand what I mean, or maybe I just haven't though hard enough :)
The way wires work now, the game only has to "think about it" when a switch, pressure plare, etc is activated. If wires stayed "on" it would probably have to think about them all the time. So my idea was to have switches that send "ON" and "OFF" signals to everything connected, but it would still only be a single event.

I don't know if someone already said this but gears and pulleys. How about recipes to make v8 engines for tanks, trucks, planes, and boats. It would be a blast to see those gears and pulleys in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom