Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Wireless Teleporters

-Conveyer belts (slower than hoiks), as another means of "scripting" events

-object-activated pressure plates

-projectile-activated switches

*Music/tone blocks, that produce different tones and pitches depending on the color wire used and possibly hammered state. I've been wanting to produce an in-game music video for awhile.

**Quarry's, similar to minecraft's tekkit mod. place left block, place right block, set quarry depth (somehow) and every block inside that area will be automatically mined away over time.

Last edited:
Alright, here goes, I don't have much to suggest but...

More statues that have an activation! - Those statues are used in some adventure maps to control when and how many monsters spawn.
Traps! - More devilish traps of... some description. Especially a nuke-type explosion! Bigger booms!
Conveyor Belt! - Moves... things.

That's all I got.

It's already mentioned by a lot of people, but I also want a way to transmit a signal wireless. Maybe it will be implemented if there are enough requests.

- At LEAST 2 new wire wrench colors (yellow and pink? Fits the Team Colors!)
- A multi-color wrench (right click to "click" through color options)
- Wireless transmitters to convey wire signals over difficult to wire locations, or long range (And for wireless teleporters, please!)
- A variation of Snickerbobble's florescent beams
- Some new functional mob statues, perhaps other functional statues with misc. features
Yes, please. Everything in that list sounds great

Input Timers: Outputs after a certain amount of time.

Light Sensor: Detects ANY light(useful for adding traps to dark places).
Player Torch: A torch whose light is blocked by players
Mob Torch: A torch whose light is blocked by mobs

Not Gate: Out puts a signal opposite to the imputed signal

Projectile Gate: Detects Projectiles - Good for saving ammo with turret
Turret: Slowly shoots Musket balls or other bullets(consumes ammo)

Wrench Gun: Shoots Wire

Motors: Turns a wire input into a current
Tow Rope: Pulls players hooked onto the rope : Due to it's need for power, it needs 4 motors
Chunk Loader: Loads a specific amount of tiles based on the amount of motors, requires a minimum of 4 motors

Mechanic's Boots(accessory): Spreads wire to wherever a player walks

Generator: Turns gears
Gears: New Power source
Spike Blade: A blade with 4 spikes which is powered by gears
(modification): When gears power dart traps, it shoots at 1.3 times the original speed
Moving Walkway: A moving walkway powered by gears

Secret Wrench: Hides Placed wire, good so players can't use a pressure plate to see traps. Due to the fact that many players will forget where there wire is, based on the color wrench used to place the wire, upon painting the tile that color(only the color paint equivalent of the wrench used to place this) , the wire will be revealed.

Secret Pressure-Plate: Same Concept
Sabotaged Wire: Looks like real wire but is fake - good for making fake traps, but can be disabled on servers

Dark Back wall: Hides light if a player isn't touching a part of a back wall connected(by this back wall or wire), good for seeing stuff when your in your base, but hiding stuff to those looking for your base.

Hidden Doors: Blocks can be placed over these to disguise it:
Hidden Trap Door: Same idea
Hidden Chest: " "
Hidden Pressure plate: " "

(A bit off topic, but very much needed)-Tainted glass back wall-: For better looks with other back walls, and for stained glass windows

Something I would really like to see is an actuator-like block that can lock doors so they can't be opened or closed by anything but a player (possibly with the exception of mobs during a blood moon). Seriously, this would make NPC defense systems so much easier to make, and I'm sure there are plenty of other applications for something like this.

I got an idea, how about a switch that activates when you hit it, like with a sword or a projectile like a bullet or magic.

Something I would really like to see is an actuator-like block that can lock doors so they can't be opened or closed by anything but a player (possibly with the exception of mobs during a blood moon). Seriously, this would make NPC defense systems so much easier to make, and I'm sure there are plenty of other applications for something like this.
Normal actuators can already be used with switches or pressure plates to get a similar effect.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, Add something which makes placing wire over long distances more feasible.

The idea I always had was a building accessory you could purchase from the Mechanic for 2 Platinum in Hardmode. How the tool acts is similar to that of Actuators, And the Portal Gun. (For placing points, This sadly won't relocate the player)

When a player uses the tool, They can choose to place two "Points". Left clicking places a red X or "Point A", And Right clicking places a blue X or "Point B", These are visible only when the tool, Or other wire items are held.

If a player uses a wrench on Point A, It will consume all Wire in the player's accessory up until it reaches Point B. Attempting to place a new Point A/B with an older one active on the different tile overwrites the old one. Clicking Point A/B with the tool again deactivates them.

so I have seen about 45 wire roll/coil/ball suggestions.
including mine.

so lets make this one- more a novelty than anything

wire reel
crafted with 500 wire

acts like a boulder, and places wire as it goes. after 500 blocks, it breaks. if it breaks before it reaches the 500 block limit, it will drop the remaining wire.

Wire Spool: Crafted from 999 Wire, this item, which is Ammo, allows you to click in one position with a wrench, then another, and links the two points with wire.

Color depends on wrench that is in the right-most slot in hotbar.

blue wires in water with nothing like a trap statue or switch in 1 end turns the water electrical dealing damage and it also gives a "electric shock" debuff to players as well as mobs.if your wearing a neptune shell or water walking boots and such then the debuff has no effect and damage is not dealt.the electric shock debuff should deal some damage every 5 seconds for about 30 seconds.If there is alot of water then only a section of the waterbecomes like that.the water will have a yellowish look that looks electrical

Last edited:
so I have seen about 45 wire roll/coil/ball suggestions.
including mine.

so lets make this one- more a novelty than anything

wire reel
crafted with 500 wire

acts like a boulder, and places wire as it goes. after 500 blocks, it breaks. if it breaks before it reaches the 500 block limit, it will drop the remaining wire.
Thats a really fun idea, you could even have it react to the player, sort of like the beach ball, so that you could push it over terrain

Well, there's this suggestion, from my signature. `:)
NU7D95Y.png

It would be great if there were a way to carry one 'multitool' that could switch between wire colors, so you don't have to lug around three wrenches (pun intended).

Edit: Apologies if many of these ideas were posted before me, I did not read the thread before posting, and I'm not claiming to be the first person to have these ideas.

• I want a special pressure plate that can perhaps be triggered by bullets, snowballs, beach balls, and other such entities, maybe. Such pressure plates can perhaps be attached to walls and ceilings? I imagine being able to set up a volleyball / basketball / sportsball arena, however, I don't know how well Beach Balls synch up in multiplayer, so this may be impossible from the very start.
  • A Dispensary of some sort. Imagine usable items being put into a chest / storage of some sort, and activating the dispensary with a signal uses all usable items in that chest (1 of each type) on all players within range. To Clarify, imagine a minigame server where the player needs to have the gravity potion effect; having a pressure plate in front of the Dispensary, filled with gravity potions, will use a gravity potion on all players that trigger it with the pressure plate. Or if you set up all your buff potions in your boss arena, simply triggering the Dispensary with a pressure plate will imbue you with all buff potions and food stored in the Dispensary, without needing to clutter your inventory up. Quality of life change, but a quality one indeed.
    • A "Restocker" of some sort, that's the similar idea. Placing items in there, such as ammo and potions and bait, and when using a wiring signal, it automatically quick stacks all items in it, to your inventory. If you have 1 arrow, and Restocker has 999, it will give you 998. If you have 0 arrows, it will give you nothing. Only works with quick-stacking capable items.
    • Chests linked to Dispensaries and Restockers via wire (Or something else?) could perhaps quick stack the Chest inventories to the Restocker inventories upon activating Restocker / Dispensary? For example, Restocker gives you 998 arrows when you activate it. At the same time, A chest filled with arrows gives the Restocker 998 arrows, so the Restocker is always at 999 Arrows? I know this is ambitious, but I can see the uses of it being amazing.
  • Timers that are not 1, 3, and 5. Perhaps a timer that could actually be changed by right clicking, before placing it down, from 1-10? I'm no programming genius so I don't know how easily it could be able to be done.
    • Probably already been suggested before, but timers that are less than 1 second, too. Specialty timers.
  • Wrench needs to be named Red Wrench or something, it bothers me. Come on rito.
  • An End-game wrench that can change colors, perhaps? (Would be the same idea as being able to change timers, with right click) I would also like this wrench to place wires nearly instantly, OR instantly. Since wireless teleporters might not be a thing, I feel like having an end-game wrench that can place wires down instantly may alleviate a large amount of the time spent actually placing wires.
    • Maybe the end-game wrench can do the color changing, and an end-game builder accessory can make wires place instantly? And also remove wires instantly, too. Some super magic ninja wrench, you know.
    • While on the subject of Colored wires, what if there was an item, placed in a similar fashion to an actuator, that would allow a Blue wire's signal to be transferred to other colored wires? So, for example, you NEED to use Blue wire to cross a red wire without interfering, but if you drop this item over top of a blue wire and a red wire, and the signal is transferred between them. This would help alleviate the need for more colors if used properly, and could be an alternative if more colors are not going to be a thing.
  • Blocks that specifically exist to now allow portals to be created on them. Pretty much exclusively for portal maps and to prevent portal shenanigans. Yeah, I'm lame.
  • Can we have special wire that turns off light sources? I say "Special wire" so it doesn't interfere with any pre-existing maps and exists solely as an option. I can't imagine the work that might go into making light sources triggerable by this wire, so it may be more trouble than it's worth. But I do imagine adventure maps where you have to find the light switch to turn on the lights, in a dark and spooky whatever-it-is.

That's a lot of generic wiring ideas, and I'll post these for now, but I actually got several ideas for special blocks /contraptions that can benefit from wiring, but I'll save those for a bit later, while I eat dinner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom