Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HAVE SUCH A GOOD ONE!!!!

A new tool called wire fabricator or some such, where you set points in a sequence with one of the wire colours, and it connects all the points with wiring. this would save so much mindless digging and struggle to place deeper more intricate wiring, and avoid the issue of having to use to much sequenced action to wire many closely connected actuators.... devs pls!

- Logic gates, like OR/XOR/AND etc.

I agree with having logic gates implemented somehow. Logic gates used right can result in powerful player-made game scripting. One can do advanced things like make multiplexers and demultiplexers, encoders and decoders, and more. I've always wanted to make a crude LCD display in terraria using torches and other sources of switchable light. This is possible with logic gates, as I've used them a lot in Little Big Planet.

I HAVE SUCH A GOOD ONE!!!!

A new tool called wire fabricator or some such, where you set points in a sequence with one of the wire colours, and it connects all the points with wiring. this would save so much mindless digging and struggle to place deeper more intricate wiring, and avoid the issue of having to use to much sequenced action to wire many closely connected actuators.... devs pls!

So basically what Sometimes Zesko and I mentioned, along with countless other people. :p

Cmon Yori and the gang, give us a few spoilers! :redspin:

I'm really glad that wiring is getting more attention, I love making interesting contraptions with wire!
I made a suggestion a while ago about adding a new item called Teleporter Cable. It's a simple suggestion about a new wire which only works with teleporters. Read more about it here.
Another suggestion I have is simple, make actuators have +20 range like wires! It's really inconsistent how they currently are, and annoying. That's all.

I'm really excited for 1.3.1, keep up the great work Re-Logic!

so I have been planning on making a new suggestion soon- about finish, a sort of functional paint.
let me post one here

RESISTOR FINISH

when a block that can be activated by wire is painted by this, it will not be activated by any kind of wire. this could also come n color coded variants

Wire Stack
Recipe: 999 wires
Function: Unlimited Use of Wire (Maybe add the Wire on the Ammo Slot xD )

Wire Shooter
Recipe: Flintlock Pistol + 10 Cog + Wrench + Wire Cutter
Function: Allows to put wires everywhere on the screen, for easy working on wires and can remove wires with Right Click. (It needs wire as ammo)

Last edited:
I have a few ideas, which may be cool, or probably turn out rubbish, so here we go...

1. Some form of a tally system, which records how much times a circuit has been activated, either for information, or so that once it reaches a particular milestone, such as being activated 50 times, it causes a different system to activate.

2. A "max life drainer", which could potentially be useful for PVP matches. Every time it is stepped on, your max life decreased (probably by a quantity of 20) leaving greyed out hearts in its place (just so that you know all those life crystals and life fruits aren't wasted). The drain effect may be removed by either dying or via Nurse, and can also probably lead to some nasty underground traps.

3. This is probably because I'm awful at sorting items, but having it done via mechanism could be a cool thing. You could put items through the system, and they can be sorted into different chests by factors such as rarity, block type etc.

4. I'm not sure if this will work, but the use of crosswires could really cut down on the different wire colours. If you've ever seen this mobile game called "The Sandbox", then you'll know what I'm talking about. Essentially crosswires
can be crossed over wire so that another wire of the same colour doesn't interfere with it.

So there are my ideas. Looking forward to what 1.3.1 offers in terms of new wiring stuffs :brain:

Remove the need to place thousands of wires by hand across the world simply to connect two teleporters - it takes hours and is very annoying, but is completely necessary for many builds (particularly ones I like to do). A wireless teleporter could be a solution, but I'll gladly take any alternative.

There could also be an item similar to the Endless Quiver, but with endless wires - it'd be much for convenient for people who love builds to have this rather than spending tons of gold (and several hours) buying thousands of pieces of wire that they need for a project. You'd also never have to worry about running out of wire during a build, and having to travel halfway across the world only to get some more wire.

Last edited:
Doors and a version of Tall Gates that are completely immune to enemies (and preferably can only be opened with wire). I don't care if they're made out of Hallowed Bars or something, it technically falls under wiring and it is incredibly annoying having things plow through doors without a single care, even when you've taken literally every possible precaution against it.

I didn't read to see if anyone already said this, but I had mentioned on Cenx's page when this was first mentioned that it would be cool if there were "team wires" like red team wire and stuff, that would only send a signal if the person making it was on that team. And if teams were able to be locked temporarily using a certain wire activated item, to prevent cheating in PvP, and also being able to restrict use of magic mirror and wormhole potions in PvP

Hi I just thought of a cool idea but its probably stupid at the same time.......dimensions your probably think this is copy off of minecraft but here is the kicker im think heaven or a new planet and I was also linking players worlds like I have something on one world and I have something else on another something like that....now back to the heaven dimensions thing mabey adding a new enemy in the heavens dimension like a corrupted angel or a corrupted Pegasus and u can purify the corrupt heaven by defeating a corrupted God or goddess (could a randomizer on that)and obtain new items.

Hopefully this might have given u guys some idea and if at all can u add a like blue wolf pet or something that would be @WESOME!

And I will see u later

Here's my idea for logic gates, it's very simple so maybe it doesn't even deserve that name. I'll just call it a "gate", or specifically Red Gate, Blue Gate or Green Gate, etc.) It acts just like a wire of the same color with one or two exceptions:
1. If connected to another color of wire, it can be turned on and off. In the off state pulses/signals won't cross it.
2. (optional) It does not active objects under it. This would give it secondary use for crossing doors, lamps and what not that you don't want to activate.

I dunno if this was suggested before, but I'd love a converter item/wiring-tile. Basically, when 2 (or more) different colored wires intersect on the converter tile, the power from one transfer to the other.
ZpBO04l.png

And it not only helps for converting 2 long wires, but also avoids the need for making a bridge tile.
MXuFo8E.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom