Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so ill try to be as non potato english as possible and try to make it understandable, you have been warned...
  • Make it so when you activate a wired manekin you swap the equiped set.
  • More
  • A new Remote activator wich can be linked to an specified switch or something for remote toggle.
  • A spacial activator, direct upgrade from the activator made with lunar stuff or something, can be linked to any amount of switches and when activated opens a mini gui that shows the name of said switches to be activated anywhere.
  • A wire magnet, for those pesky situations where your wire is stuck on walls or something (material).
  • Make a mechanist toolset (combination of every accesories that help with meassurement).
  • A multi color wrench (made from all the wrenches) toogleable with hotkey or something.
  • A toggle state wrench, it would give the selected block a wire pulse so.
  • A space wrench (combines multi wrench, wire cutter, toggle state, Wire Gloves and some lunar stuff), add all the benefits from the multi color wrench and he other components (you can toggle between every option with a hotkey or something).
  • Some way to delay signal.
  • A wire coil, acts like a safe but for wire and it can be used form inside the coil from a certain distance.
  • Luminite wire Reciever and Sender (can be kinda expensive for da balance purpose) when attached to a wire it can transfer that signal to said receiver with the same frequency (can be toggled by right clicking the thing) they would look like space timers.
  • MORE TRAPS, any kind of trap, just more variety (with some craftable ones).
  • Maybe some kind of boss that goes with the theme of the mechanist being trapped in the dungeon, something like a mad skeeleton engineer, it would be at arround the same level of the WoF and can only spawn after the dungeon has been cleared. The mechanist would explain that she was trapped to put safety traps in case the guardian was destroyed, so thats why the dungeon is full of those bloody things >_<.
  • Give the Mechanical bosses a unique expert item besides the cart part, it fits perfectly with the theme, it could something like this: From the Twis you would get the Twin Eyes (accesory works like any other info Display item so no need to equip and can be toggled, highlights traps and gives vision of wires), The Skeleton Prime would give the Wire Gloves (Name WIP, its a wrench type item that upon use toggles between the different wire colors so you can isolate each one) and The Destroyer would give Anhilation Station (Allows the crafting of several items like a laser trap, a pointer(puts a red dot on the place of the mouse, usefull por pvp), ran out of ideas but it would be for moar trap destruction pretty much).
  • Martian NPC, he would be something like a mechanic 2.0 and he would sell mats for more advanced stuff like logic gates and such.
  • A Mechanist Module, a new mount that acts like the drill (and it would be expensive as it gets) basically makes a static station that would allow to work as you please in a big :red: area, the options would include but not limit to, every kind of wire type on the go, acces to the wire coil, toggleable grid, toggleable wire color, toggle state on click, these are some of the ones that comes to mind firts.
  • TOGGLE ALL THE THINGS.
  • A new hook that works vertically, much like a rope that you extend or retract as you please (maybe add late game updated version to make it the ultime builder hook?).
  • An elevator, it would be something like a teleporter but what it would do is take you up for ceratin amount, you can upgrade how high you can go by adding more of said elevator block bellow the one you already placed, this would act like floor stops
So far this is all i have been able to think off, might add more if i get another moment of inspiration, would love to see come feedfack :D AND TY FOR READING.

PS: I love this game .-.

why stop there? make it the shoppers speed dial. can call up any npc to buy things from, assuming you have them in the world, and are willing to hand over extra dough. though you'd still have to talk to folks for anything not shopping related.
If it offered a random assortment of 30 of the Traveling Merchant items at 75% markup, I would absolutely use it.

I know that I struggle with chest organization, and it's a pain to put everything in its respectable chest, even with the handy quick stack nearby chest option. I feel like it would be useful and kind of cool to have a new type of wire that transfers items through it and filters to choose which items go through. For example, you could put all of your inventory into one chest and have individual wires with unique filters that transfer the items into their respectable chests. I feel like a player could do a lot with a system like this.

Oh yeah, and, remotes. As in the kind you can use to remotely trigger a switch. Perfect for secret bases, traps, and all sorts of other stuff. Could even make it use mana depending on distance, so if you're, say, 400 blocks away (could be something like 1 or 2 mana per block), you are literally incapable of using it.

id be cool to have more traps to play around with. Traps like player-made spikes that can hurt enemies (perhaps like lava does, and to balance it, it cant hurt bosses) and player craftable traps as well. In prehard mode their could be a trap like a musket style trap or a shotgun like trap. and in hardmode we could have laser shooting traps that can pierce a few enemies like the laser rifle. a missle trap could be fun too. just a few ideas.

Delayer blocks. These would be able to be set for the time, and would pause any wire signals being sent through it by the number set in seconds.
Timer tweaks. There would only be a timer block, able to be set for the time.
Block Teleporters. These would be placed like actuators, and have their own wire, and would work like teleporters, but for blocks.

I'd like to see this allow for mapmakers to utilize all the monsters for combat as opposed to the weak pre-hardmonde ones (and sharks)

also I'd like to see Snickerbobble's Fluorescent beams suggestions implemented

wire activated note blocks
Actually, this sounds like a cool idea! It could be crafted with a Music Box (from the Wizard), and there could be different versions of it that you could make which would have high pitched and low pitched notes! But how would the game know what sequence to play them in?

One more thing, I know that hoiks were a bug, but I think they should be looked into fro areas in need of improvement and become a feature

1. What about a new timer that allow player to set the time by hammering? Maybe sold by the mechanic.
  2. Also what about adding some long-time timer like 1 min timer.
  3. Maybe someting like a Hopper could be helpful.(Yes, an idea come from minecraft)
  4. What about make wrench and wire cutter possible to hang on a weapon rack?

Finally, maybe not belong to this topic, but what about letting the weapon of the mechanic(yes, her wrench) obtainable by a drop or sold by the mechanic.
It is a boomerang and it will be on player's back when held.

More statue abilies,easy setup long range teleporters and on a different subject,why don't hollow and corruption mobs fight each other,and why are the hollow mobs trying to kill you, aren't they the good guys? A reputation mechanic between the hollow and corruption so that one can be friendly.

My ideas are
Fan: a block that pushes items/mobs the direction it's facing
Wrenches for all the colors of paint/dye (probably paint)
Magic wire? Like the endless quiver but wire although it still needs wrenches and works the same way.
I also really like this idea

I don't want to read 19 pages of stuff, so forgive me if people already said this.

WE NEED MORE DAMAGING MACHINES (TURRETS/CANNONS). I really think that we should have some sort of thing besides lihzard traps for base defense and fighting enemies and bosses alike. Perhaps buildable machines, turrets that you can manually aim, things like that. when i say buildable machines, i mean you craft each component, such as: Stand, Frame, and barrel, then you need to activate it with a switch of some sort. anyway, more machines.

A few ideas that may or may not have been suggested already:
  • A method of making a 1-way teleporter/wire. Perhaps a placeable gadget which can be placed on a line of wire (shaped like a triangle pointing in a direction via hammer), and 'current' cannot travel in any direction but the way its pointing.
As it currently stands, That's actually possible. If you hook up three or more teleporters to the same circuit, You're able to warp from any of the teleporters to ones located on the edges. (The farthest teleporter placed left, And the farthest placed right.)

Unfortunately it's currently impossible to set teleporters closer to the centre of the map as one of the main exit points, It has to both teleporters closest to the edges. No it's not what you're proposing, But it's kind of possible at the moment. :)

My ideas are pretty simple. 1 a block that gives of light (that would be cool for building) 2 (this doesnt have much to do with wiring) the mechanic that sells a "boomerang wrench" witch is just like the wrench she trows but it returns

tons of new traps for people that wanna get designy with stuff, and traps that can hurt mobs other then spiky ball trap and spear traps, i wanna see more of that and any other cool traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom