Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see a Swiss army wrench, made by combining all of the wrenches and the wirecutters. It would simply be a tool which you could toggle to change the function o to the various wire colors or to cut wires with.

I would also love an actuator tool that alllowed me to actuate blocks to the background or foreground without having to wire them, drop a switch, then remove everything.

I would also love to see electricity in game. Add solar panels and batteries. Allow me to use the solar panels as day/night auto switches, and store power in batteries.

Then, let us run electricity into water as a defensive feature, having a lavalike electrical damage.

Also, with electricity, let us craft brighter lighting. I don't like how torches are so much brighter than the electrical lights in game.

Circuit Blocks

TOR, XOR, all the greatness in block form.

The addition of these to the stock game will greatly increase the amount of machine types people could create, DOS games might even be possible!

I think I'd like to see some new additions to the already incredible wiring system!
  • Maybe two more wire colours for a total of 5? I feel more than that could start to get a little unnecessary
  • More functional statues?
  • A wireless transmitter and a wireless receiver that you can assign a frequency to and they'll connect with each other. if that's too OP, maybe have it consume enough wire in your inventory so it really only saves you time/the hassle of wiring. Just something cool to easily hook up teleporters :p (Or maybe just add wireless teleporters)
  • Always and forever: Snickerbobbles thing: I'd like to see gemspark blocks be useful for something outside of pixel art! This would make some AWESOME fountains!

Fix the quick stacking button! My money no longer quick stacks into chests
This thread's about mechanism suggestions, not random requests. But your complaint has been addressed already so I'll point you to the reply.
This is a feature. I got tired of placing my coins in random chests when playing with other people. Since you can now buy things from your piggy bank that is the best place to keep them. I am sorry if you don't like this change.
P.S.: A few seconds with Google or the forum's search facility would have shown you this. It's always a good idea to search before posting.

Please, for the love of all that is holy/unholy/whatever, change it from a unary system to a binary system. Make logic gates an intended feature instead of an exploit.

Tanks! Which can be added to/drained from via wires connected to pumps.
That way we won't need to build great big huge containers full of liquids which always tend to clutter my worlds.

Please, for the love of all that is holy/unholy/whatever, change it from a unary system to a binary system. Make logic gates an intended feature instead of an exploit.

That was kinda what I meant when I mentioned the hoiks.

Anyway tying intot he pistons comment, how about Pile Drivers (for crushing invaders!)?

Here's a big idea, not sure how it'd work. Probably not doable BUT... a blue print system. Like the snapshot system, you would "capture" a build and then easily lets you transplant it. Perhaps when you capture something, the game will create a file (linked to the blue print) in your folder with the details of what you captured. Now if you have the materials/items in the blue print, you can instantly transplant it. It's probably not doable/practical/fit for Terraria, but it's an idea.

Because when I went on some build servers recently, I saw some reeeeeally brilliant builds. Alas, there's no way for me to get those builds. So being able to blueprint/transplant them would be nice. Just a thought. I'm tossing out crazy ideas 'cause hey, don't get many of these opportunities. Who knows, maybe I'd get to see it in Terraria 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom