Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a list of features from my wiring mod Neo Devices.

Wiring
  • Cable Splice
    • Allows different colored wires to be connected
  • Crossover
    • Allows same colored wire to pass over itself
  • Diode
    • One way wiring direction
  • Flip-Flop
    • Alternates between 2 outputs after each pulse
  • IF Gate
    • Allows conditional wiring by having an Input, Test, True Output, False Output
    • Conditionals include Lit/Unlit Torch, Actuated/Non-Actuated Tiles, Sensors
  • Logic Gates
    • AND, OR, XOR
  • Random Gates
    • Selects from 2 or 3 outputs at random
  • Relay
    • Alternates between ON/OFF after each pulse. Only allows a pulse through when in the ON state.
  • Resistors
    • Delays a pulse for various amounts of time

Tiles
  • Big Red Button
    • Works similarly to a wall mounted switch/lever. Cosmetic difference only.
  • Conveyor
    • Moves Players, NPCs, and Items when a pulse is received. (Solid, Can be sloped)
  • Express Conveyor
    • Conveyor with double the speed. (Solid, Can be sloped)
  • Drain
    • Drains all liquid types. Toggled by pulse or Right-Click
  • Fluorescent Lamp
    • New Light Source. Merges with horizontally adjacent Fluorescent Lamps
  • Continuous Pressure Plate
    • Pulses once a second while stood on.
  • Sign Reader
    • Displays an adjacent signs text in the chat window when a pulse is received. Text can be colored using [color][/color] tags in the sign text.
  • Water/Lava/Honey Spigot
    • Dispenses liquid while on. Can be toggled by pulse or Right-Click
  • Strobe Light
    • Light source. Changes color at random when a pulse is received. Toggled ON/OFF by Right-Click.
  • Spotlight
    • Light source. Barely visible. Brightness can be altered by Right-Clicking the tile. Toggled ON/OFF when a pulse is received. Used to discretely add light to an area.
  • Fuzzy Timers
    • Pulses are sent within +/- 50% of timer duration each reset.
  • Lazy Timers
    • Sends a pulse once. Does not reset.

Credit to MiraiMai
  • Blinktubes
    • Converts continuous pulses into a single pulse when changing states between discharged/charged. Slowly discharges over time when no pulse is received.
  • Creeping Conveyor
    • Moves Players, NPCs, and Items when a pulse is received. (Non-Solid)
  • Item Collector
    • Places items near the collector into Chests directly adjacent to the collector when a pulse is received.
  • Doom Lamp
    • Pulses once a second in times of danger. (Blood moons, eclipses, invasions)
  • Aqua, Lava, Sticky Lamps
    • Pulses once a second when in contact with Water/Lava/Honey
  • Mechanics Workshop
    • Crafting Station for advanced wiring crafting
  • Solar/Lunar Lamp
    • Pulses once a second during the day/night.
  • Additional Timers
    • 0.5s, 10s, 30s
  • Trap Doors
    • Toggles between solid/non-solid when a pulse is received or Right-Clicked
  • Pistons
    • Propels Players, NPCs, or Items in the direction of the piston when a pulse is received.

Here's a list of features from my mod Neo Master Crafter.
  • Wireless Transmitter/Receiver
    • Sends/Receives a wireless signal in 1 of 4 selectable directions
  • Additional Wired Statues
    • NPC Spawners
    • Biome Spreading Statues
  • Hatches
    • Trap door like tiles. Can be triggered by pulses or Right-Clicking
  • Additional Materials
    • Gears
  • Coil
    • Configurable biome spreader. Effective radius slowly expands.
  • Multi-Wrench
    • Right Click item in Hotbar/Inventory to toggle wire color.

Last edited:
What about Little Modifiable Golems and (For Defensive Purposes) Sentry Turrets?
And by that i mean that every Biome would have its Unique Turret ?
and new Craftable Turrets?

Last edited:
There are a bunch of things I'd like to see:
1. Logic Gates: AND, OR, NOT(=Inverter) ; optionally XOR, NAND; Just imagine the possibilities!
2. One-Way-Wire/One-Way-Gates: That work similar to the repeaters in Minecraft: Let the signal pass through in one direction, but not the other
3. Delays: Also work similar like the repeaters in Minecraft by delaying the signal for 1,2 or 5 seconds.
4. Light blocks and walls that turn on/off when recieveing a signal (I don't want to use torches or actuators)
5. Infrared Sender and Recievers: When powered, shoot an infrared beam (only visible while holding a wrench or wire-related item) in one of four directions (the length can be limited, should not be able to pass through blocks). Such a signal can then be recieved by a reciever or similar block, that outputs a signal.
This would make across the map(or atleast across a larger distance) teleporters much easier to use. This is not really op, if the distance of an infrared beam is approprietly limited. Also i think this would be a much better solution to wireless transmitters.
(6. Maybe even a way to transport items through pipes? Just an idea...)
7. And finally: More wrenches!:D

That's all that comes to my mind right now, and i'm exited for the update.

EDIT: Now that I saw this idea, have to say i really like it:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sprites-fluorescent-light-beams.10234/

Pretty much my suggestion...
Also can expert mode boss rewards be combinable?
Like the brain of confusion+worm scarf=Eldritch Idol
Royal gel+ Hive pack= Critter Charm
And the reward from skeletron in expert is SO underwhelming i almost cried when i got it after several hours of preparation.
1 or 2 more early game summoner items would be nice, because grinding for a slime staff is PAIN.
Can the Dryad or the witch doctor sell some plant seeds like dayblooms or deathweeds? One time i cleared the world of corruption and i removed every trace of it even the items in my invertory and chests and i didn't have 1 single deathweed...
Also the throwing "class" gets completely useless in hardmode(Only 2 armor sets? really?).

Pretty much my suggestion...
Also can expert mode boss rewards be combinable?
Like the brain of confusion+worm scarf=Eldritch Idol
Royal gel+ Hive pack= Critter Charm
And the reward from skeletron in expert is SO underwhelming i almost cried when i got it after several hours of preparation.
1 or 2 more early game summoner items would be nice, because grinding for a slime staff is PAIN.
Can the Dryad or the witch doctor sell some plant seeds like dayblooms or deathweeds? One time i cleared the world of corruption and i removed every trace of it even the items in my invertory and chests and i didn't have 1 single deathweed...
Also the throwing "class" gets completely useless in hardmode(Only 2 armor sets? really?).
Early Game Golems as Summons?

Yes! More wiring stuff!

The first things I can think of when it comes to Terraria wiring is:
- MORE WRENCH COLORS!
- Logic gates (Even though everyone said this)
- Variable Blocks - These special blocks you could associate a number to, and would work together with the logic gates. These blocks could open up many possibilities for storing data, for instance, if you wanted to create a passcode lock, you could use variable blocks to set the password, and logic gates to operate the door.
- Rubber Blocks - These would stop the electricity from flowing through the wires. You just place one on a wire, and all the electricity going through the wire would stop. These would be great for adventure maps, and lots of other things.
- Pistons - If you've ever seen Minecraft's pistons, you would know that they are very useful. I think something like pistons would greatly enhance the wiring experience. You could argue that actuators can do the same things, but pistons would be super useful to have, and use.
- More statues - We want them
And that's all I can think of right now. I hope at least some of these additions make it in to Terraria 1.3.1!

Remote control
-A button that can be activated anywhere by using an item

"Wireless wires"
-something that allows easier teleporting across the world, it might use wire based on the distance but you won't actually need to place the wire, or maybe just automatically placed wire. I don't know anymore.

Having some kind of bridge that can be risen to block the entrance(the one used on castles)

An antenna used to increase the range of campfires and other buff giving items.

Thank you for reading my ridiculous suggestions

Cool! I think it would be amazing to have Snickerbobble's florescent beams as another option to use in place of wires. If done right, they could be used to make simple logic gates since they have clear on/off states.

Edit: I guess I'll add my other ideas here too:
  • A device that creates fluid when it gets a signal (and another that can drain fluid)
  • A silver wrench that places silver wires and consumes 5 silver coins for each wire. Cutting the wires would give you back the coins you used to place them.
  • A tool that could easily change blocks to their inactive states, and an accessory that could let the player place inactive blocks.
I would like to second the idea of Snickerbobble's florescent beams. They would be AMAZING (and pretty)!

Early Game Golems as Summons?
Yes, something like...Tiny seedlings? 5 dmg made from 10 acorns and some wood.
Also why does the wand of sparking exist? It's useless even at the begining, and is found in a chest, which lessens your chances of finding an aglet, thus enshuring you can't make some boots.

Alright! I was mildly dissapointed when 1.3 didn't bring any new wiring content into the game, but great to hear that 1.3.1's bringing just that!
As for things I'd like to see, I've got a few suggestions:

~More Wrench colors. Please.
~More Enemy statues, and maybe some more statues that do things, like the Bomb Statue drops Bombs.
~Snickerbobble's fluorescent light beams: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sprites-fluorescent-light-beams.10234/

That's all on my mind right now, so hopefully these get added in! Can't wait to see 1.3.1!

Seems basic, but what about an automated turret? As in, you can hook it up with a series of other turret, and be made outta hellstone or something. Oh, you could also put it with timers and have a certain amount of ammo, like its own cache of ammo, plus the ammo boxes could come in handy with it :p

Seems basic, but what about an automated turret? As in, you can hook it up with a series of other turret, and be made outta hellstone or something. Oh, you could also put it with timers and have a certain amount of ammo, like its own cache of ammo, plus the ammo boxes could come in handy with it :p
I Also said this! I also made a big suggestion about These Turrets (But i dont know if it would be better to Post it in the "Suggestions" Form)
Like Biome-Themed Turrets!
Crimson = Ichor
Corruption = Cursed Flames and so on and so on...

Here is a list of what I think would be cool to see in Terraria. ( sorry if there are repeats or already-suggested things here )

• Generators
I think that generators should be a thing to apply power to wiring or something, maybe not as a requirement to turn something off/on but to "overclock" a connection to provide different effects. There could be tiers of generators that can do separate and special things, the whole purpose of generators is to either allow certain wiring setups to work in a specific way OR to grant a 2nd effect to something that normally wouldn't have that effect.

An example would be that a "Overclocked Generator" (requiring any 1 clock, a platinum/gold watch, and a 1 second timer) could reduce any timer it's connected to by 1 second, making 5 second timers into 4 second timers... 3 second timers into 2 second timers and making 1 second timers go crazy fast:D.
The bigger the generator the more it can do basically... with generators made of Hallowed Bars and up becoming computers :) which allow certain things to happen at certain times in specific ways, way more complex set-ups could be made.
  • Pylons - ( hopefully ones that looks like the cool crystal things in Terraria Otherworld :D )
Pylons are things that draw energy from it's surroundings in order to make something happen, It could draw in water and allow outlet pumps to output water without actually draining the pool of water that pylon is in and allow inlet pumps to drain liquids into the pylon for easy disposal. Pylons could also act as lightning rods, which could harvest electricity for you to use on other things. Examples would be to turn fallen stars into mana crystals, saving on the cost of fallen stars... Or maybe the pylon could generate fallen stars or collect them from it's surroundings ( This allows people to actually have enough ammo for the star cannon :) )

Pylons could transport small buildings even, or maybe attract special difficult monsters when used. They could cleanse corruption, crimson and hallowed ground around your base so that you can protect yourself. Pylons could cut down trees or grow stone or convert stone to marble or granite and do a ton of things like apply potion effects to surrounding players in an aura around them! The downside to pylons could be that they are big, and they can be killed by monsters D: like an NPC... They require a bunch of things to work and they require a ton of attention or they might break.

Just like generators, pylons could do different things if made with different stuff... Pylons however would be a lot bigger and more expensive, probably multi-square structures, needing special wiring or a lot of wiring and stuff. This is just a suggestion though I'm simply pouring every wiring idea I can think of into this post so most of this probably sounds stupid.;(
  • Special Wiring
I think special wiring could be a pretty cool addition to Terraria, Magical wiring that when you walk across the connections it produces an effect, maybe a buff or maybe "electrical fencing" that periodically stuns monsters or does damage to them. Enchanted wiring could receive and emit connections to other wires at a larger distance without being connected to them... Like, If I had 10 things I want wired with enchanted wire... and I have a light switch that has 1 enchanted wire on it of a specific color, I could switch that on and have all 10 things activate. This would have it so your house or base wouldn't look like a wired wreckage if you equipped your wrench (lol), it would require fallen stars to make the wire though so it's basically to make things more neat.

Helix wiring could act like a more powerful wire, which would put more strain on your generator but amplify the effects of whatever current thing is connected to it, it could make pylons stronger, faster, or more advanced in some ways (amplifying the potion effects, increasing the range of cleansing/tree cutting, etc). Helix wiring could upgrade the output effect of generators to make them more stronger or more faster to only specific connection and stuff. To make a Helix wire you'd have to use 3 wrenches and a actuator in the same spot, which creates the special wire.
  • Turrets
Various different kinds of turrets, wooden turrets that shoot acorns for damage. There could be stone turrets that are more defensive, the turrets could be considered NPCs of sorts in that they have a high HP bar that monsters can wittle down and destroy. The reason why turrets would be better than traps is because the turrets are not fixed to aim a specific direction. More expensive turrets means more damage, some turrets could apply a debuff and stuff... The final tier of turret could be made out of Luminite and allows the turret to teleport itself to helix-wired pylons. I think traps could be a lot of fun if people want to make game-mode mods and maps that restrict you to ONLY using turrets and stuff. ( Like a tower defense game mode with waves :eek: )
  • Robots, Constructs, Automatons, ect...
My suggestion for robots would be that you could use a ton of metal and wires and actuators and stuff to create your own bodyguard! You could put wiring and stuff in a mannequin to create your own friend to armor up and help you fight! OR use different materials for exclusive effects at the restriction of being unable to dress up your robot. More advanced robots could be customized to say specific stuff, do specific stuff, and do multiple things...
( Roleplay servers could edit the robots in to make their own NPCs for the towns the players roleplay and have fun in )

Robots or Automatons could fish for you maybe, or they could mine for you or harvest plants for you too. You could challenge yourself by only harvesting, fighting, and exploring with robots ( which would be cool ). To get specific parts for the robots though you'd have to have it so the mechanic either lives near the goblin, the steampunker, the cyborg, the pirate, the demo man, gun dealer, etc etc in order to get different parts and stuff.

And that's all the suggestions I have for now:sigh:it took me an hour to make this. These are SUPER unnecessary in most ways and probably over-complicated but... I just wanted to say at least something that I think would be cool to see as a suggestion at least. :indifferent:

More types of boulders style items that do more damage or have different effects like:
Molten boulders that leave a thin trail of lava behind them and can be upgraded to any of the different fires. Made using 5 hellstone and 5 stone,
Crystal boulders shattering on impact similar to the bullets. Made with 10 crystals,
Bomb barrels that have a fuse and after rolling a certain length of time or making contact with 5 enemies explode for massive damage. Made with 1 Explosive and 10 wood,
Slime boulders that bounce off enemies and ricochet off blocks but deal low damage. Made with 10 slime blocks,
Honey boulders that stick up to 3 enemies to them and continue rolling but deal no damage. Made with 10 honey blocks,
Sandworm Pile, a mass of rolling sandworms that gets bigger and deals more damage as it kills and devours enemies in its path. Found from the sandworms in hardmode desert,
Logs, basically a cheap boulder alternative, would deal lower damage than stone boulders. Made with 10 wood,
Burning hay bails, would give hay another use, even weaker than logs but leaves a trail of fire. Made with 10 hay and a torch,
Firework barrels, the barrel deals low damage but it shoots out fireworks in random directions as it rolls. Made with 10 wood and 1 firework rocket,

These could all be crafted with a new crafting station used specifically for making different kinds of boulders.
Maybe a boulder cannon could be implemented too, able to be wired to levers and timers etc

Maybe improve the Wrench a bit?
Instead of 3 wrenches and the wire clipper, just have one tool and a button that switches between colors, left-clicking places wire and right-clicking removes it?

Spool of Wire- Click your destined start position and click at a point where you want it to end. The game places the most efficient amount of wire, and subtracts however much wire you placed from your inventory.

Frequency Teleporters- When right-clicking on a teleporter you get a GUI that has a scale from 0-999, that you can change to a number of your choice. When two teleporters are set to the same frequency, you can teleport in between them with the standard system.

Player Detectors- If a player enters a certain area, a pulse is given off that activates whatever mechanic you had placed. Area of effect contains 1x1 to 10x10 spanning out from the block.

Weather Detectors- A pulse is given out whenever a certain weather occurs that the player wanted. For example, whenever it is a blizzard a pulse is given out to some actuators that- you know the drill. Kind of hard to explain, just ask for extra details.

Wind Turbines- When activated, wind blows and can push players, items, and even some blocks (such as sand, silt, slush, blocks that fall). Pretty simple concept, and would be an amazing addition.

Thanks for reading! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom