Sprites The River (Alternate Underworld)

With the fact that most generic enemies get flattened in a few shots anyway (and it won't work on bosses); having a 1/300 chance to insta-kill one really isn't a big deal. I can't see how anyone would consider that broken, especially with how unreliable a 0.3% chance of insta-killing would be for clearing waves of enemies.

With the fact that most generic enemies get flattened in a few shots anyway (and it won't work on bosses); having a 1/300 chance to insta-kill one really isn't a big deal. I can't see how anyone would consider that broken, especially with how unreliable a 0.3% chance of insta-killing would be for clearing waves of enemies.

They prolly missed the "Can't affect bosses" or feat that power creep would have high chances of death on later items

It would be a little too close to the Cerberus with that modification. The 1% instant kill chance would be impractical to rely on so I don't find it too powerful.
I see that you say it's unreliable but all you have to do is shoot a boss about 100 times and it is dead. This insta kill thing is way too O.P. I can use it even after the Moon Lord. Killing bosses that only require one insta kill shot to kill the boss like the Eye of Cthulhu, Skeletron, Queen Bee, Wall of Flesh, the Destroyer, Skeletron Prime, Plantera, Duke Fishron, Lunatic Cultist, and each Celestial Pillar, will basically never win a fight against this weapon and decent armor.

I see that you say it's unreliable but all you have to do is shoot a boss about 100 times and it is dead. This insta kill thing is way too O.P. I can use it even after the Moon Lord. Killing bosses that only require one insta kill shot to kill the boss like the Eye of Cthulhu, Skeletron, Queen Bee, Wall of Flesh, the Destroyer, Skeletron Prime, Plantera, Duke Fishron, Lunatic Cultist, and each Celestial Pillar, will basically never win a fight against this weapon and decent armor.
Have you read it's description? It outright states that it DOES NOT affect bosses.

Have you read it's description? It outright states that it DOES NOT affect bosses.

It's still a bit OP tho. Wyverns, Ice Golems, Paladins, and other non Boss Monsters with high health will never be an issue again. Are Wyverns, Ice Golems, and Paladins technically bosses? No. They are affected by the insta kill effect. There are also more guys like this that I didn't mention. It's stupid. I think the Ferryman should drop the Breaker's Blade, Clockwork Assult Rifle, Laser Rifle, and the 4 emblems instead of these new weapons.

Last edited:
It's still a bit op tho. Wyverns, Ice Golems, Paladins, and other non Boss Monsters with high health are dead. Are Wyverns, Ice Golems, and Paladins technically bosses? No. They are affected by the insta kill effect. There are also more guys like this that I didn't mention.
There would be little difference between that and using a weapon appropriate for that level. Try going into the hardmode dungeon with a weapon like that. Just try it.

It's still a bit OP tho. Wyverns, Ice Golems, Paladins, and other non Boss Monsters with high health will never be an issue again. Are Wyverns, Ice Golems, and Paladins technically bosses? No. They are affected by the insta kill effect. There are also more guys like this that I didn't mention. It's stupid. I think the Ferryman should drop the Breaker's Blade, Clockwork Assult Rifle, Laser Rifle, and the 4 emblems instead of these new weapons.
If it didn't affect minibosses, what would be the point of the low instakill chance? It's too unreliable for it to be a reliable tactic. In fact, it would likely take more time than using weapons available at that tier.

If it didn't affect minibosses, what would be the point of the low instakill chance? It's too unreliable for it to be a reliable tactic. In fact, it would likely take more time than using weapons available at that tier.
The point is when you do "pop" an enemy -- it's fun. The low % is to not only prevent abuse, but to make sure that the occurrence is rare and rewarding. The weapon is easily out-scaled quickly after a little bit of time in hard mode.

Also, keep in mind that this entire thread is PRE-1.3. I haven't updated it. In all likelihood, the gun wouldn't work against celestial enemies/pillars, biome mimics, and would have a further reduced percentage in Expert Mode. Not that you should be carrying it with you that far into the game for trash mobs anyways.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439829883,1439829684][/DOUBLEPOST]
The low % for proc would abate your concerns. Also; why would I make a unique biome alt only to suggest the same drops? That's stupid. :dryadrolleyes:

Yea but with health bars like 4000, your only getting off about 1000 damage (18 Damage Per Shot) before he dies instantly. Not only that but the speed on that thing (21 Fast) makes about 50 hits go by faster than you may think. It is O.P. I can use it to kill Mothron quickly.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439833315,1439833226][/DOUBLEPOST]Just stick with the Clockeork Assult Rifle. None of this insta kill bull:red:.

Yea but with health bars like 4000, your only getting off about 1000 damage (18 Damage Per Shot) before he dies instantly. Not only that but the speed on that thing (21 Fast) makes about 50 hits go by faster than you may think. It is O.P. I can use it to kill Mothron quickly.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439833315,1439833226][/DOUBLEPOST]Just stick with the Clockeork Assult Rifle. None of this insta kill bull:red:.
That is an average, and it would take 17.5 seconds. A Megashark would take 16.67 seconds.

Once again, 99% recolours. Maybe 2 or 3 original sprites...
Like if everybody wanted Underworld alts. Honestly, do we need to add more randomness factor to the game?
Alt Hallow.
Alt Underworld.
Alt Ocean.
Why? Do we really need an alt to any biome different than the underground and forest?
Like, :red:. Should there be more Cthulhu Boss or Moon Boss ideas? Because those were complete :red:.
"Replace water with non-water and profit"

Once again, 99% recolours. Maybe 2 or 3 original sprites...
Like if everybody wanted Underworld alts. Honestly, do we need to add more randomness factor to the game?
Alt Hallow.
Alt Underworld.
Alt Ocean.
Why? Do we really need an alt to any biome different than the underground and forest?
Like, :red:. Should there be more Cthulhu Boss or Moon Boss ideas? Because those were complete :red:.
"Replace water with non-water and profit"
Except for the furniture, mobs (For now, and not all of them) and most blocks, all the sprites are original.

K6QOAHO.png

<--- ORIGINAL AS HECK

<--- ORIGINAL AS HECK
Have you LOOKED at the boss and the weapons? Except for the crafted ones, all of them are originals that are of AT LEAST comparable quality to that of the actual game. In the case of the torch, most torches are ALREADY recolors, and the suggestion was made BEFORE the Cultist teaser.

Back
Top Bottom