Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Corruption or Crimson

• Corruption

Votes: 173 45.3%
  • Crimson

Votes: 209 54.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crimson because of the stronger loot and awesome boss.
Corruption because I love its weird music and the Scourge of the Corruptor.

I'm sided with the majority here, Crimson is much more desirable to have in a world. The items you get dominate what you can get in the corruption, the layout makes it very easy to navigate though the pre-hardmode mobs can be slightly harder, mainly the Blood Crawlers.

Crimson Armour >>> Shadow Armour - Crimson has 2 useful effects and is not tied to melee
Blood Butcherer/Tendon Bow >>> Light's Bane/Demon Bow - Surprisingly high difference in stats
Ichor >>> Cursed Flames - Defense reduction combines with weapon dps much better than damage over time
Vampire Knives >>> Scourge of the Corrupter - Lifesteal is essentially godmode

As for the themes I do enjoy them both, it is a close tie between them in that aspect, including the music and visual looks.

Corruption is awesome for a easy playthrough, tho Crimson equipment is waay better. Except for the Vilethorn ofc

So far, I've mostly played corruption, but my interest in the crimson is peaking. Sounds like I need a crimson world to explore. :indifferent:

I love Crimson. I'd like to see a mechanical Brain though instead of the destroyer. I read somewhere on Reddit(?) some guy had an idea of a mechanical version called The Motherboard. And though it's not related, I'd like to see a mechanical wall of flesh called something like the Wall of Mesh

I honestly like the Corruption more, because it actually gives me the creeps, not like the Crimson. The Crimson freaked me out when 1.2 first came out, but something about worms not jumping at you at random isn't very surprising.
Also, I like to think that the Corruption's general weaker loot as putting more challenge into the game.

Last edited:
I'd have to say Crimson because its alot more helpful, but I would rather choose a Corruption if it was my first playthrough

I also like the Crimson. I love the aesthetics of it all. Though the Face Monsters are super goofy.

I'd say Crimson because i never get a Corruption on my 1.2 worlds. It has cooler items, but the Corruption is more simple. I'd go with Crimson. :p

Originally, I liked the Corruption more than the Crimson, especially with the easy fighting the Eater of Worlds is. But the Crimson has grown on me... I'm going to have to say Crimson, now.

I love Crimson. I'd like to see a mechanical Brain though instead of the destroyer. I read somewhere on Reddit(?) some guy had an idea of a mechanical version called The Motherboard. And though it's not related, I'd like to see a mechanical wall of flesh called something like the Wall of Mesh
What about Wall of Tech?

Musket > The Undertaker
Vilethorn > Rotted Fork
Shadow Orb >(Opinion) Panic Necklace.

But that's about it. So I'd choose Crimson for Gear.

However though. I like how the Combat feels in the Underground Corruption, more than than the Underground Crimson. In the UnCorr, enemies lie in wait ready to ambush you, but in the UnCrim, you're just being rushed at by Herplings and Floaty grosses constantly.

I think I get an eerie vibe more from the Crimson, that and I like the generation of the Crimson over the Corruption because of the Corruptions' chasms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom