Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many others stated:
More Statues that are mechanical. Like the Eye Statue summons a Demon Eye (lens/black lens) or Corrupt Statue summons a Eater of Souls/Crimera (Rotten Chunk/Vertebrae).

My wanting:
Have a Animation/Glowing affect on Statues that if they were used once and on cooldown, it glows until it's cooldown is done and reactivates if on a timer. But for this to happen, must, I mean MUST include an Option in the Settings to turn it off as it may cause lag.

Improve the pumps it is still possible to create infinti liquids with large bodies.

Goldenspawn statues. These are rare. They have separate cooldowns fo each color wire.

Conveyor belts gears wire wallpaper a portrai of the mechanic. Propellor blades.

Oil fo th undergroun desert which can be use to craft some of the new suggestions othe peop post.

There should definitely be more switches and things based on Portal/Portal 2 (if possible). For example, a laser that can be shot at a target, and sends a signal when the target is hit. Or, a special pressure plate that stays active when an item or creature is on it, but deactivates immediately after stepping off. Some other people may have mentioned this before, so apologies if I stole your ideas.

Two words.

Bundled wire.

They can't receive a signal by themselves, thus needing normal wire attached to it.

Last edited:
I like the moving platforms idea. That would be fun for custom maps. I asuume the platform would move along the rails even if no one is on it. I would think that when 3 rails meet they would act like tracks do and allow you to change the direction it would send you with wire. There should also be an a cross intersetion rail so 2 rail paths could meet without interfering with each other.

Yes, the things you place a Rail Wheel on, like placing an Actuator would move even if no one was on it. It just needs a motor on the rail to activate to move it. Looks like I might have to make a picture and sprites of the parts. :dryadconfused:

Guys, don't bother asking for logic gates, with how terraria wires work it probably wouldn't be able to work. Remember how wires work in this game. Using a switch, lever, pressure plate, ect. you pull it and it activates an object. i think logic gates would need a steady stream of energy but that's simply not how terraria works

If there won't be non wire teleporters then why not make so there is a "quick wrench" that means you can place some wire one place (A) then place (B) somewhere else and (A) will try and connect to (B) up to the amount of wire in your inventory

That might be difficult. The two points you are trying to connect are exactly on the same horizontal or vertical line that would be one thing. However if they aren't lined up like that there are all kinds of ways the wire can move and it might have trouble finding the right path. I think something like the Wire Snake would be go as it just sends the wire down a line if you keep hitting it with a wrench.

Yes, the things you place a Rail Wheel on, like placing an Actuator would move even if no one was on it. It just needs a motor on the rail to activate to move it. Looks like I might have to make a picture and sprites of the parts. :dryadconfused:

I would have thought it would be a furniture type item you could place like tracks. They would be visible at all times that way. Still they wouldn't be able to cross over tracks that way unless there was a track/rail cross roads piece. I can see how a motor would help. I couldn't see any other way to start and stop them at any point otherwise. How about which way you are facing when you place the motor determines which way the Rail Wheel goes? If they go in a loop you may want them to go clockwise or counterclockwise.

Guys, don't bother asking for logic gates, with how terraria wires work it probably wouldn't be able to work. Remember how wires work in this game. Using a switch, lever, pressure plate, ect. you pull it and it activates an object. i think logic gates would need a steady stream of energy but that's simply not how terraria works

It's not impossible. The wiring code would need to be revised to be more like proper circuits/Starbound. So either a line would be active or not. Timers would then switch between being active and being inactive. Levers would switch the state of the attached line. Actuators would keep blocks in the foreground when inactive, and they'd go to the background when active. Statues/traps would do their thing when the wire state changed. Alternatively, Statues/Traps could only active when active, but then pressure plates would have to have a timer on them during which they made the line active for a second or so, before deactivated. It's all doable and it would greatly improve what could be done. For instance, you wouldn't have a problem with large actuator systems in multiplayer, since active/inactive actuators would correspond to signal/no-signal on the wire.

I would like to see more things that can change/move. It would be cool if you could make a model solar system, particularly with changing background walls. Though this would require walls that change according to two different wires being active, I think (so you could setup a screen-like display with logic circuits and different wires). At least, if we stick with wires. Though doing this with objects that you can stand on is just as good. But gears, pullies, and movable stuff would be really cool -- though this would probably be harder to program than changing how wires work.

I still think that wires-as-an-object should be phased out in favor of a Starbound-like system of non-physical wires that just connect two points. That makes for easier wiring and more complex designs.

Edit: I know I've said the above before and I've mentioned Starbound quite a bit. Starbound has a number of problems, but one thing it does really well is wiring.

Last edited:
Reactions: JK0
Improve the pumps it is still possible to create infinti liquids with large bodies.
That is a bug yes, but they said they won't remove it.
Logic Gates are already in.

It's not impossible. The wiring code would need to be revised to be more like proper circuits/Starbound. So either a line would be active or not. Timers would then switch between being active and being inactive. Levers would switch the state of the attached line. Actuators would keep blocks in the foreground when inactive, and they'd go to the background when active. Statues/traps would do their thing when the wire state changed. Alternatively, Statues/Traps could only active when active, but then pressure plates would have to have a timer on them during which they made the line active for a second or so, before deactivated. It's all doable and it would greatly improve what could be done. For instance, you wouldn't have a problem with large actuator systems in multiplayer, since active/inactive actuators would correspond to signal/no-signal on the wire.

I do have a problem with that. A lot of things have been built around the current wire system. Giving wires an active/inactive state could completely mess up structures that use actuators. Some people have it set so that some actuators are active and other are inactive on the same wire. This makes them switch positions. For example having an actuator based door and drawbridge. With one switch the door opens and the bridge "extends." I have also seen puzzles and bird engines that would break as a result. Also there is the question of what happens when 2 or more wire colors are attached to the same actuator. I'm sorry but I like the pulse based wires we have now.

I do have a problem with that. A lot of things have been built around the current wire system. Giving wires an active/inactive state could completely mess up structures that use actuators. Some people have it set so that some actuators are active and other are inactive on the same wire. This makes them switch positions. For example having an actuator based door and drawbridge. With one switch the door opens and the bridge "extends." I have also seen puzzles and bird engines that would break as a result. Also there is the question of what happens when 2 or more wire colors are attached to the same actuator. I'm sorry but I like the pulse based wires we have now.

Well, logic gates are in, so something like this is going to happen. Most things will be easy enough to fix, since larger mechanisms can break (even in single player there's a limit). So with a logic gate, you just have a "not" gate for one mechanism and no change for the other and they'll be opposites. A little bit of rewiring is a small price to pay for the large world of possibilities that logic gates allow.

Multiple wires to the same color is easy -- that would just work like a logical "or".

That is a bug yes, but they said they won't remove it.

I really think they should just add a liquid-dupe device so they don't have to worry about maintaining a bug.

Engineer Outfit
50%faster wire placement speed
30%trap dmg(new dmg type?
?%chances to not consume wire
"Feels like someone is hacking my stuff..."

And

Wrench staff
??? Trap dmg
15wire per use
Crafted with luminite
2 megashark's
4 Rocket launchers
And a (new wrench goes here)
Summons a sentry gun
"Sentry going up..."
Just a tf2 easter egg

Last edited:
You know what, I like all the ideas. They're amazing! I just want you guys to hurry up with it. you shuld also add, more colored wires, better teleporters (perhaps more), an the biome cleanser and turrets from Terraria otherworld. (
:joy::joy::joy: By the way, I beat the moon lord in expert mode :joy::joy::joy:!) Lol...
5!

Last edited:
Well, logic gates are in, so something like this is going to happen. Most things will be easy enough to fix, since larger mechanisms can break (even in single player there's a limit). So with a logic gate, you just have a "not" gate for one mechanism and no change for the other and they'll be opposites. A little bit of rewiring is a price to pay for the large world of possibilities that logic gates allow.

What do you mean logic gates are in? Do you mean they are popular or that they have been confirmed? If the later please give a link. I don't want to have to abandon some of my builds just because there is no room to rewire them.

What about NPC and/or Buff Tags? We have Color Tag, Item Tag, Player Tag (not really useful, welp) and Achievement Tags, but we lack those two.
Tags could be also improved... a bit. When a chat line breaks into two, and the breaking point is somewhere withing a tag, the tag itself breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom