The Ultimate Arena (AFK/non-AFK versus Moon Events, Invasions, All-Boss)

DicemanX

Brain of Cthulhu
The Ultimate Arena is a fusion of hoiktronics mechanisms and traditional arena builds. It is designed for a variety of functions, and is built for flexibility. At its core is the Heart and Star Machine, a hoiktronics-based immortality machine. The machine is described in the video and the schematics are shown below.

Arena Functions:

1) Battling Frost Moon
2) Battling Pumpkin Moon
3) Warding off Invasions (Goblin, Pirate, Legion, and Solar Eclipse)
4) Boss fighting (up to 12 bosses, including all 6 hardmode bosses)
5) Invasions (Solar Eclipse, Pirate Invasion, Goblin Invasion)

It is also set up for 4 Key Mold farming (all but Hallowed Key Mold) and Pirate Map farming. The player has the option of farming AFK, or fighting mobs with weapons. If magic weapons are used, the arena is designed to constantly replenish mana so the magic weapons can be fired continuously.

Video Showcase:

The best part is at is at 21:10, when I start the process that culminates in a massive battle against 15 Terraria bosses within Frost Moon, beating them all AFK.

Arena Snapshot:

F8F98B34B2EF84B684644FE9A960609EB802F585

The arena is at the edge of the world so that Duke Fishron can be summoned. Fishron can be summoned from any liquid, and I elect to use lava. The spawn surface is on the right off-screen, and is lined with teleporters to teleport in all the spawned mobs so that they are within reach of the player and can be killed quickly. There are spear trap batteries that line the area, but the core of the arena is the Heart and Star Machine directly below. With a Heartreach Potion and a Cross Necklace, the machine grants immortality to the player, delivering 120 health per second and enough stars to keep mana from depleting when using magic weapons.

There are two ways of building the machine. The first is to use a timer cascase and skeleton signaling agents:

EDA5DFC9ACBF8F900F823BF4392248817C29828B

50C1CB401BB3768CC04EA81B19D1B111F66E1443

There are 10 tracks in total to activate all 10 heart statues, and a skeleton is sent down a track every second thanks to a timer cascade at the bottom of the mechanism. Timer cascades and shut-off mechanisms are discussed here:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...imer-cascades-with-shut-off-mechanisms.18060/

The second approach is to use a town NPC. The town NPC approach is to ensure that hearts continue to get activated when lots of bosses are spawned on screen. If you try to summon 12 bosses during a Moon event, the skeletons are blocked from spawning from the statues! Here's the town NPC set-up:

606123CD764E0991CA57E996586CD47B77CBFA1C

BA6DEC42D5B8F0E6E23E617057AA235CBD1912CE

There are 10 hoik tracks in total, but only the first 5 are shown in the screenshots above. Pulling the lever sends the NPC from its house to the teleporter in the first track, and when the NPC reaches the end of the track its teleported to the start of the next hoik track. It takes about a second to pass through each track, and two pressure plates are passed over each time to activate a heart statue a total of six times each second.

Pulling the lever again toggles a pair of top/bottom hoik teeth to make the pressure plate above a return teleporter accessible, and the NPC returns back to its house via green wire.

This is version 1.0 of the Ultimate Arena - I'll be fiddling with it some more to improve it in various ways. You're welcome to download the world containing this arena to try it out for yourself. Feedback/suggested improvements are welcome!

World Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4b_4cIU1vVBRjhKUVEtc1RuNUk/view

Another winner from what I can see... Almost have the horsemans blade farm setup on the 360, hoiks have been all kindsa a pain, but I got 'em working, just have to finish a lil bit of wiring and the aesthetics. Going to do this one next. :)

Yikes, that is just crazy cool. Love seeing your creations and videos. The amount of time and effort and technical know-how is outstanding. Thank you for sharing these.

Another winner from what I can see... Almost have the horsemans blade farm setup on the 360, hoiks have been all kindsa a pain, but I got 'em working, just have to finish a lil bit of wiring and the aesthetics. Going to do this one next. :)

Cool, glad to hear you were able to get the activation mechanism working with the top hoiks for the Horseman's Blade farm! That's my next big project by the way - a number of players did some great work lowering the final wave times, and now I'll be putting a lot of the theory to good use to see if I can establish a new final time record. In the meantime I'll put out a quick video on the Heart and Star Machine and other neat little hoiktronics tricks I use in the arena featured in this thread.

Yikes, that is just crazy cool. Love seeing your creations and videos. The amount of time and effort and technical know-how is outstanding. Thank you for sharing these.

My pleasure! I had a blast making this arena and I'm already eager to get started on the next project :).

Well, after days of frustrating/infuriating trail and error; my console version of The Legendary Horsemans Blade Farm is happy to report a FM time of Wave 17 at 2:58AM-3:06AM with 100% survivability through the night. Doesn't seem to reach wave 18 yet, but I'm working on it. Hoiks and such are so wacked out on console so I had to do some funny stuff with NPC houses and the plates to trigger the statue loop, as well as adding a lil bit of life regen into the mix. The Ice Wave attack from the Ice Queen still does damage every once in a while (more so the higher the wave) and the Santa NK1 rockets and present bombs will inflict damage here and there too. Summoned one raven while wearing a Dragon set with Menacing Celestial Stone, Master Ninja Gear, Destroyer Emblem and Mechanical Glove, plus one Warding Star Veil. Then I rubber banded my right trigger and watched it go, only hitting the B button when a wave would come up to use the clock where I left my cursor so I could know the wave times. Giggiddy.

Well, after days of frustrating/infuriating trail and error; my console version of The Legendary Horsemans Blade Farm is happy to report a FM time of Wave 17 at 2:58AM-3:06AM with 100% survivability through the night. Doesn't seem to reach wave 18 yet, but I'm working on it. Hoiks and such are so wacked out on console so I had to do some funny stuff with NPC houses and the plates to trigger the statue loop, as well as adding a lil bit of life regen into the mix. The Ice Wave attack from the Ice Queen still does damage every once in a while (more so the higher the wave) and the Santa NK1 rockets and present bombs will inflict damage here and there too. Summoned one raven while wearing a Dragon set with Menacing Celestial Stone, Master Ninja Gear, Destroyer Emblem and Mechanical Glove, plus one Warding Star Veil. Then I rubber banded my right trigger and watched it go, only hitting the B button when a wave would come up to use the clock where I left my cursor so I could know the wave times. Giggiddy.

My next video will present a much more efficient version of the FM Horseman's Blade farm (courtesy of Gandalf K and Unftf, who made significant improvements to the farm), so perhaps it'll be enough to allow you to reach wave 20! I also pushed the NPC hoik box far from the arena to make sure the NPC doesn't get hit at all. Video + schematics coming soon.

Mine has 8 small NPC houses built around the right side of the room with the teleport up to the switch to prevent them from porting back home. I put the switch way off screen to keep them alive too. I added some flame throwers to do damage off the sides of the screen a bit for the Ice Queens and Elfcopters. Heart statues added around a honeypit/slime statue like the one from the Omega Farm tied into the NPC plates loop to keep life regen and damage priority (kinda, but not totally since you're attacking). Best time so far is Wave 17 at 2:49AM, but haven't got to Wave 18 once. It's had me down to around 25% life a couple times, but that was when those rotten Ice Waves hit a few times in a row... Still am happy I can survive the night without dying once, let alone being able to solo it to 17. I picked up some really good ideas from your map DicemanX, thanks again!

Mine has 8 small NPC houses built around the right side of the room with the teleport up to the switch to prevent them from porting back home. I put the switch way off screen to keep them alive too. I added some flame throwers to do damage off the sides of the screen a bit for the Ice Queens and Elfcopters. Heart statues added around a honeypit/slime statue like the one from the Omega Farm tied into the NPC plates loop to keep life regen and damage priority (kinda, but not totally since you're attacking). Best time so far is Wave 17 at 2:49AM, but haven't got to Wave 18 once. It's had me down to around 25% life a couple times, but that was when those rotten Ice Waves hit a few times in a row... Still am happy I can survive the night without dying once, let alone being able to solo it to 17. I picked up some really good ideas from your map DicemanX, thanks again!

Good stuff - keep me updated on your further progress! And try this:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-times-for-frost-moon-and-pumpkin-moon.18538/

I'm really curious if you can reach wave 20 with this updated farm. You'll of course have to invert the teeth in the activation chamber on console, but it will work just as well with top hoiks.

That one looks good, again, the hoiks will be the problem, will have to tweek it for a group of NPCs to be triggering the plates, maybe a lil health regen... the console is a picky s.o.b. about stuff. I like the blue wire thru the spears from the NPC switch, gonna add it to mine...and the 5 second platform toggle. just noticed the water candle... that ups the spawn speed, right? if I add one to my current horseman blade farm it might just be the key. ideas. :)

That one looks good, again, the hoiks will be the problem, will have to tweek it for a group of NPCs to be triggering the plates, maybe a lil health regen... the console is a picky s.o.b. about stuff. I like the blue wire thru the spears from the NPC switch, gonna add it to mine...and the 5 second platform toggle. just noticed the water candle... that ups the spawn speed, right? if I add one to my current horseman blade farm it might just be the key. ideas. :)

For the activation chamber, you could make it a one directional hoik track with teleporters at both ends to keep the NPC passing through the track and activating pressure plates along the way. Maybe that will help if the two hoik teeth facing each other makes it act in an erratic way on console.

The water candle has no impact on moon events, just on regular spawn rates outside of moon events.

How do you get rid of the hearts on top of the teleporters? I expected them to teleport into the lava below, but for some reason, that didn't happen on my world...

How do you get rid of the hearts on top of the teleporters? I expected them to teleport into the lava below, but for some reason, that didn't happen on my world...

Hmm, no mobs should die on top of the teleporters on the far right because there are no damage sources there. In all my testing with this farm nothing has died yet in that area, so I'm curious if you know how something managed to die there when you were using the arena.

It was, thanks. I've noticed that some people's game have the altitude in feet, whereas mine is in metres. Is there a Terraria feet-metres conversion chart anywhere? I only ask because I have mimics spawning @ 40m above, meaning that 0m might not mean 0ft.

It was, thanks. I've noticed that some people's game have the altitude in feet, whereas mine is in metres. Is there a Terraria feet-metres conversion chart anywhere? I only ask because I have mimics spawning @ 40m above, meaning that 0m might not mean 0ft.

Can you link to where people are getting mimics at 40 meters? I haven't seen meters being used in Terraria before. You can also tell whether you're above or below zero altitude by the background. If there's clear space in the background, you're above 0 altitude, and if there's a wall in the background (that you cannot destroy by a hammer) you're below 0 altitude.

There's no link, it's just something I've been getting while testing my localised blade chamber. The wiki says that mimics spawn @ 0ft, so presumably Plantera bulbs should also spawn wherever mimics do (providing it's jungle, of course). Console versions have metric measurements instead of imperial.

I was also curious how you get the bulb to spawn on the exact same blocks every time, or is that just coincidence?

There's no link, it's just something I've been getting while testing my localised blade chamber. The wiki says that mimics spawn @ 0ft, so presumably Plantera bulbs should also spawn wherever mimics do (providing it's jungle, of course). Console versions have metric measurements instead of imperial.

So you've seen a mimic spawn at 40m? Or were you perched 40m above a spawn surface, and maybe the mimic actually spawned at 0m or below? In any case you're right that wherever a mimic spawns a bulb should spawn as well.

I was also curious how you get the bulb to spawn on the exact same blocks every time, or is that just coincidence?

It spawns on different blocks, not the same ones. The schematics, world download, and the video are all generated at the same time so the bulb is in the same position in all 3. Since the world is available for download it can be reinstalled after the bulb is used to regenerate the bulb in the world immediately. Useful for testing.

So you've seen a mimic spawn at 40m? Or were you perched 40m above a spawn surface, and maybe the mimic actually spawned at 0m or below? In any case you're right that wherever a mimic spawns a bulb should spawn as well.

The ground the mimic spawns on is 40m above, so I think we can assume that metric & imperial have different altitudes for 0.

It spawns on different blocks, not the same ones. The schematics, world download, and the video are all generated at the same time so the bulb is in the same position in all 3. Since the world is available for download it can be reinstalled after the bulb is used to regenerate the bulb in the world immediately. Useful for testing.

Is there a reason the blocks are staggered, instead of straight rows 2 blocks high?

Back
Top Bottom