Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A one time timer, eg. hooked up to a door and a 1 time 5 sec timer means i can run through the door then 5 sec's later the door will close as opposed to opening/closing loop.

I haven't read the whole thread so this may have been mentioned already, but maybe some sort of computer system with mass storage, wireless access and other functions. Similar to Minecraft's Applied Energistics mod. The crafting would be very complex, putting the Cell Phone to shame!

A one time timer, eg. hooked up to a door and a 1 time 5 sec timer means i can run through the door then 5 sec's later the door will close as opposed to opening/closing loop.

If we got logic gates, we wouldn't need this.
Not saying I don't like the idea, just saying logic gates would be more useful.

Logic gates are already in game, per the comment string here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?members/cenx.5/&page=2#profile-post-140865

image.jpg

I would like to suggest that pressre plates will be activated when an item is dropped over it just like Minecraft, and also funnels in Minecraft, when there is a chest under it and you will throw an item into the funnel it will go directly kinto the chest

I would have thought it would be a furniture type item you could place like tracks. They would be visible at all times that way. Still they wouldn't be able to cross over tracks that way unless there was a track/rail cross roads piece. I can see how a motor would help. I couldn't see any other way to start and stop them at any point otherwise. How about which way you are facing when you place the motor determines which way the Rail Wheel goes? If they go in a loop you may want them to go clockwise or counterclockwise.

Well that is why we need a Screw Driver tool. It will work like a hammer does, changing the shape/way something it's facing, but for wiring items. The motors you would put on the ends of the rails facing the other way if you want it to go back. Or along the rail the same way but set at a different speed if you want it to change speed on the rails. Also the Screw Driver tool could work like this. Left-click will change the way something if facing, and right-click changes it's setting. For the motors left-click would turn which way it's facing and right-click would change it's speed.
Also something else to note. The motor only needs to push on 1 Rail Wheel to move a group. So if you have Rail Wheels on blocks in a 4x4 square. The motor just needs to be active and touch one of the Rail Wheels to move it and all the ones connected. Players will be able to make elevators as well as crushing hazards in custom maps. :dryadgrin:
Sonic1_marblezonepillars.png
Iggy's_Castle_Crusher_Room.PNG
castlevaniasmashytraps.png

Black lenses could give "Immunity" buff, making player imprevious to every attack ;D
Joking. I just consider Black Lenses to be more uncommon than blessed apple, because with over 300 hours of playing Terraria with my favourite character, I've found only three, while blessed apples - five. But it was bad luck, as drop rate is pretty good. So yeah, idea with two tiers seems fair for me. Difference between them, though, for me shouldn't be higher than about 20-30 tiles.

Yeah i have 4 kids and all love this game. We play together so it can get really lively. I think it's a great game for parents to play with their kids. This is just one of those ones that they can learn and play and challenge themselves. I just pretty much let them do what they like in the maps we load. Thank you for the complements.

What do you mean logic gates are in? Do you mean they are popular or that they have been confirmed? If the later please give a link. I don't want to have to abandon some of my builds just because there is no room to rewire them.

With the yellow wire addition, then you should have plenty of room. With more wiring options, like logic gates, a lot of things should be even easier to make.

Though it would be nice to have an actual "drawbridge" or otherwise movable blocks/platforms.

If we have logic gates you can basically make this and have the ability for it to be reset as well. Though it would be nice to explicitly have a flip-flop and some other advanced devices. Though I suppose even better would be a CIRCUIT BOX. Say 3x3, with 6 or even 8 input/outputs. You then "open it" and can place wiring and logic gates inside it to make a more complicated circuit that takes up a small amount of space. This should be placeable on walls or floors.

That and proximity sensors would allow for very intelligent doors. Especially if there were multiple types of sensors

Kind of too bad. I'd much rather see Starbound-like wires since they are far superior. I do hope wires are now in a fixed on/off state rather than sending out pulses. And perhaps we'll at least seem some wireless bridges to connect wires that are far apart.

Though I suppose I'd most like actually mechanisms that use power/motors/water/etc and gears, so we could make mechanical stuff that actually does something. But I fear that might be too hopeful and perhaps beyond that game's capabilities.

Hmm, more advanced timers and adding delays would be nice. Something where it isn't a fixed number, but you can enter in a number within a range.

This update is a great idea as more mechanic stuff is always useful `:).
Some form of wireless transmitter is a must to make teleporting efficient!

I think this would require some sort of sign where you enter in a tag/label and then it would connect to anything else with the same tag/label. Ideally with a drop-down or something that would let you pick an existing tag/label in the world.

Anyone else want Mining/Editing protective fields? So you could setup some devices that prevent mining or exploding blocks in an area around them?

I'd like to see that and some sort of password or ID system, so you could make a location only accessible to certain people. That would require being able to hold items with usernames/labels/passwords on them though or something like that. It would allow for a lot of interesting designs and setups however.

Anyone else want Mining/Editing protective fields? So you could setup some devices that prevent mining or exploding blocks in an area around them?

I'd like to see that and some sort of password or ID system, so you could make a location only accessible to certain people. That would require being able to hold items with usernames/labels/passwords on them though or something like that. It would allow for a lot of interesting designs and setups however.
Oooh, I would completely love both if added... ♥
And it would also be good for servers (even some already having these type of things).

Na próxima versão poderia ter um boss do deserto e um boss da neve. Como um escorpião gigante e preto pro deserto de e uma aranha gigante azul pra neve:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom