Items Ectotorch / Sinister torch

Doylee

Staff member
So, while myself and a member (Dinnerflax) were making an area look prettier in our server's dungeon, we could never get the lighting correct because we didn't have an item that really captures the look of the dungeon.

We had our wisps out of course to build, but while killing mobs, it occurred to us. Why not infuse some torches with Ectoplasm?

Through some talk, we came up with these ideas about it. It would create a soft glow once placed, but like a demon torch, fade in and out from dim to bright. What color would it be though? Keep it simple, the same that the Wisp gives off. Would it work underwater? Yes, it shouldn't be outclassed (for whatever a torches standard of that is) by the 2 previous torches. It would also make water much more vivid due to the light blue light.

For ingredients, we also wanted to keep it relatively simple, and because Ectoplasm is valuable, but it can be easy to acquire in large numbers.

Torch.png
Torch x 11
+
Ectoplasm.png
Ectoplasm x 1
=

ciylgMa.png
or
wcwn7IN.png
11 Ectotorch/sinister torch.

This is still a relatively new idea, so we are VERY open to opinions and constructive criticisms.

The closest idea we came up with for what they looked like is this.

Sprites courtesy of @Wisp

(Ingame image does not contain above, merely an idea of what it might be.)

zGnwuqA.jpg

Last edited:
A good idea, but the sprites need a little work. Try the Wisp's palette, or Dungeon Spirit's.

Right now, they resemble Master Bait growing out of a pine cone.

A good idea, but the sprites need a little work. Try the Wisp's palette, or Dungeon Spirit's.

Right now, they resemble Master Bait growing out of a pine cone.

Lol, they aren't sprites, they are just White painted Rope, with Deep Cyan colored Living Fire Block. Unfortunately, I am not well versed in the world of spriting.

"This is the closest idea we could come up with..."

Lol, they aren't sprites, they are just White painted Rope, with Deep Cyan colored Living Fire Block. Unfortunately, I am not well versed in the world of spriting.

"This is the closest idea we could come up with..."
Oh. Actually, considering it's an actual screenshot, it's quite a good depiction, all things considered.

I hope you'll be considering lanterns and chandeliers of the same theme?

(Totally not going to build a shrine to Master Bait, BTW)

I hope you'll be considering lanterns and chandeliers of the same theme?

Maybe, but Ectoplasm is a grindy material. Plus, Cursed Flames and Ichor aren't used in any kind of furniture, so it would feel a bit... Out of place to add objects such as those.

Who knows though! Hey, if you want to make something like that be my guest! :)

nice idea! i was bored so i made a sprite... actually, 2 didn't know which one you would like better,
Ecto Torch 1.png
Ecto Torch 2.png
hope you like them :)

Nice idea, even though I disagree there not being any lightning matching the dungeon's theme. I guess I can support this.

Back
Top Bottom