Sprites The River (Alternate Underworld)

It can sometimes happen quicker. Sometimes it's quicker and sometimes it's not. Either way you could cheese the entire game starting at hardmode with this weapon.

It can sometimes happen quicker. Sometimes it's quicker and sometimes it's not. Either way you could cheese the entire game starting at hardmode with this weapon.
No, because the chance is very low, does not affect bosses, and post-Mech weapons can kill more quickly anyways.

Once again, 99% recolours. Maybe 2 or 3 original sprites...
Like if everybody wanted Underworld alts. Honestly, do we need to add more randomness factor to the game?
Alt Hallow.
Alt Underworld.
Alt Ocean.
Why? Do we really need an alt to any biome different than the underground and forest?
Like, :red:. Should there be more Cthulhu Boss or Moon Boss ideas? Because those were complete :red:.
"Replace water with non-water and profit"

It's a good idea but needs a lot of work. Terraria is supposed to have randomness. Nothing in Terraria makes even the slightest sense. It doesn't matter if they have an alternate to the underworld. I for the most part love this idea. Yea I do have a few issues with it like the Death Penalty, but we love seeing new things. Replacing water would be way to weird tho for Terraria. Your going overboard about this. You can expect to see more alternates to the world. They're coming. Hallow Alternate, Underworld Alternate, Ocean Alternate (most likely not that one), and more makes the world's more diverse, and shapes Terraria. Add differences to each world, and making them unique is way better than seeing the same biomes, ores, and other things over and over again.

I think the issue here is the layout. You've got things set up in tables but the descriptions of things aren't included until after the tables. I think it could use some work, to make it an easier read, so we don't have to keep scrolling up and down over and over to see what does what. I look at an enemy drop and have no idea what it is, so scroll scroll scroll to the items to read about it, then scroll scroll scroll back, see another item, and scroll scroll again. Then a debuff icon is listed, so scroll scroll scroll to see what that does again. Names and descriptions should go with sprites. The current way things are aren't really convenient to the reader, and leads to confusion as seen with the Death Penalty mixup.

Some redundant information can be taken out too, like stack sizes, banners (can post them all at the end like I do), and Knockback resistance. If any of these are important (such as stacking boomerangs, or a knockback immune enemy that isn't a worm), then that can be listed in the description.

I don't really like "does not effect bosses" effects as that takes away from the weapon. I think it might be better to instead make the bonus extra damage rather than insta-kill. Sorta like the Nebula Blaze, every few shots sends out a stronger, faster projectile. It lets you crit without critting, and a small chance to double crit in a sense. The percent chance could be raised too.

<--- ORIGINAL AS HECK
Sprites should not matter in suggestions, however, what concerns me more are the AI of enemies and the behavior of weapons. I do, however, wish the recolored cyan sprites weren't an eye burning neon color, though. I've got my monitor on low brightness and they still appear laser bright.

<--- ORIGINAL AS HECK
Please don't judge me too harshly on the sprite work. As per usual, I had to splice and alter a lot of existing sprites to get my results -- however -- a few of them were made from scratch.
It's a suggestion. The idea was to get the concept across, you got it -- mission accomplished. Sorry you don't like recolor/splices -- but this was my 2nd time working in Sprites EVER. You'll notice my later suggestions contain more and more unique sprites as my skill in sprite work gets better.

Not that it matters -- since the sprites, like the numbers (balance), are unlikely to be used even IF the suggestion were to be picked up.
Once again, 99% recolours. Maybe 2 or 3 original sprites...
Like if everybody wanted Underworld alts. Honestly, do we need to add more randomness factor to the game?
Alt Hallow.
Alt Underworld.
Alt Ocean.
Why? Do we really need an alt to any biome different than the underground and forest?
Like, :red:. Should there be more Cthulhu Boss or Moon Boss ideas? Because those were complete :red:.
"Replace water with non-water and profit"
Alts provide variety to the game, while not necessarily lengthening the game. Keep in mind, many players have logged over 1000 hours in Terraria -- and with that much time spent in a world with the same... Ocean, for example, an alt is a welcome refresher whilst not over complicating the game. You don't have to like it -- and can just say you don't support.

I think the issue here is the layout. You've got things set up in tables but the descriptions of things aren't included until after the tables. I think it could use some work, to make it an easier read, so we don't have to keep scrolling up and down over and over to see what does what. I look at an enemy drop and have no idea what it is, so scroll scroll scroll to the items to read about it, then scroll scroll scroll back, see another item, and scroll scroll again. Then a debuff icon is listed, so scroll scroll scroll to see what that does again. Names and descriptions should go with sprites. The current way things are aren't really convenient to the reader, and leads to confusion as seen with the Death Penalty mixup.
You only have to remain in the categories, really. It's not as difficult as you make it seem. However, until this suggestion -- there wasn't really any other format including tables in which to learn from -- no one else was doing tables, so I had to make it up as I went along. So, sorry for rough roads, but I wasn't actually paving the path I was taking so much as I was figuring out how to stay on it.

Some redundant information can be taken out too, like stack sizes, banners (can post them all at the end like I do), and Knockback resistance. If any of these are important (such as stacking boomerangs, or a knockback immune enemy that isn't a worm), then that can be listed in the description.
Actually -- redundant information is there for 2 reasons. 1; if people want to get overly involved in suggestion stats, they are there for :red:s and giggles. 2; they actually help maintain the formatting of the tables, making them appear neater and cleaner.

@Redigit this is amazing. This needs to be in the game

The only question is that molten armor being replaced would make it hard to use melee, but other than that, I love this idea.

Not to mention, red did say he could fit in one more liquid

i like this one better than depths
and don't see anything about this that should be objectionable to "old players" if crimson can be accepted
(except maybe switching out lava, how would that work in lower cavern layer? but if the biome just changed the color like water does...)

Simple. Lava in the caverns, aether in the river.

Last edited by a moderator:
one more...doesn't seem likely it'd be used on something that won't even be in half the worlds though.

much more likely to be a biome specific version of water or lava, like how snow water is its own color and applies chilled debuff on contact
There might need to be a slight change to a few of the ideas in this thread, but they could probably do the same thing to aether as they did to biome specific versions of water. Make it act like lava, just look different.

You had me at Greek mythology. Absolutely support. It looks like you put a lot of work into this, and there are a lot of great ideas here.

Redigit this is amazing. This needs to be in the game

The only question is that molten armor being replaced would make it hard to use melee, but other than that, I love this idea.

Not to mention, red did say he could fit in one more liquid

Simple. Lava in the caverns, aether in the river.

@Critical moose, please do not double or triple post. I've merged these ones for now.

huh, i thought it did that automatically anyway?
I think it only does it if the posts happen within a certain amount of time between each other. So like... if I post immediately after this post, they should merge. But if I wait a month and post after this post, it won't merge. That's an extreme example, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Confirmation @Leinfors ?

I think it only does it if the posts happen within a certain amount of time between each other. So like... if I post immediately after this post, they should merge. But if I wait a month and post after this post, it won't merge. That's an extreme example, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Confirmation @Leinfors ?

There is more to it than that, but that is pretty much the case. There are some situations wherein double posts which should have merged do not . . . the triple post I manually merged was one of them, and I don't know why it didn't merge, but we recommend against double posting anyway despite the merging; it leads to a habit of double/triple posting as a standard, rather than using the Edit button to add more info, which in turn leads to constant unnecessary thread bumping, which is against the rules.

Back
Top Bottom