What's your least favorite part of a playthrough?

SolaR

Golem
What is your least favorite part in playthroughs of the game? Mine is easily earlygame, looking for ores and a high likelihood that you'll get killed a few times, it's especially boring when you can't find a cave that's not a dead end or you're doing a magic only play through and you can't find a wand of sparking and the dungeon is blocked by Crimson.

I'm going to agree with you and say early game. The lack of mobility compared to recent playthroughs with end game characters bother me, and being unlucky with Gold chest rolls that only contain flare guns rather then cloud in the bottles or hermes boots is painful. Untill the Eye Of The Cthulu is defeated or EOW/BOC it's just a graveyard full of fall damage deaths, and a constant stream of remarks like "Fuh!~" and "God dammit!". Don't even get me started on the slow pickaxe speeds! Call me spoiled, but I love me the wings and End game Pickaxes.

Edit: I just found something even worse than early game. Waiting for crystal shards to grow so I can make a Phasesaber for my sword only run. Hallowed spawned in my corruption and no where else, so I have to bring blocks and make a farm.

Last edited:
It's difficult to decide between incredibly early game or mid pre-hardmode, where I typically dig my Hellevator.

Hm, I'm choosing digging the Hellevator. In really early game, where you have no defense or real knowledge of the lay of the land, it's kind of charming when you get to explore a brand new world and see everything it has to offer. Digging the Hellevator, though, is slow and tedious, especially at the part of the game when I typically do it.

Earlygame I'm okay with because I can just skip it. Get bomb, buy more bombs, buy grenades, go to crimson/corruption, nuke the boss for armor and pickaxe. Bam, fresh start to tolerable minespeed and exploration in no time.

What REALLY sucks is chlorophyte. You CAN'T skip that, and taking it fast makes it EVEN MORE A PAIN because it takes time to grow and spread, so smashing through early hardmode too quickly makes it so you can't really find enough to get by without more waiting.

Maybe the time before having a hook early game.
What REALLY sucks is chlorophyte. You CAN'T skip that, and taking it fast makes it EVEN MORE A PAIN because it takes time to grow and spread, so smashing through early hardmode too quickly makes it so you can't really find enough to get by without more waiting.
A summoner could skip that, using Tiki Armor and then Stardust Armor. And for the Plantera, a Fetid Baghnakhs with Hallowed armor could do the job.
Also, using a Spelunker Potion and searching the whole jungle could do the job(I am not sure, because I always waiting for the Mech Boss to spawn Natrually).

I actually have a hook on my new magic character, he currently lives in a wood box and has wood armor and no magic weapons. RNG was at least kind enough to give me a hook.

A summoner could skip that, using Tiki Armor and then Stardust Armor. And for the Plantera, a Fetid Baghnakhs with Hallowed armor could do the job.
Also, using a Spelunker Potion and searching the whole jungle could do the job(I am not sure, because I always waiting for the Mech Boss to spawn Natrually).

This CAN work, but it's still not a very good fix. Chlorophyte is arguably the most important ore in the entire game, being responsible for almost all of the endgame gear and ammunition (yes, I know crystal bullets and ichor arrows are better, but I'm speaking purely casually) so it's a shame that it's the one type you cannot get a large number of very quickly.

It's not actually THAT bad if you just take your time. But when trying to rush, it sticks out as the only part of the game you cannot really skip without huge sacrifices.

Post Plantera when you have no Power Cells, bad luck in the Dungeon/ Eclipses and resort to grinding, and are stuck between Martians, Fishron and the Cultist, all of which are too hard to progress, and there is no craftable weaponry that is up to scratch at that stage really.

The time after you have gotten molten armor and preparing for the Wall of Flesh. None of the enemies are really that strong anymore, and you know everything will change right after you down the boss. So for me, it's that period of time where I try to find all the chest loot I need (lava charm cough* cough*) and build those hellavators/ ash run ways.

Killing enemies and praying to RNG to give what I wanted (like stuff for an Ankh Shield).

Early-HM, as fishing for crates takes forever, and it's the only way to get the alt armor sets if you don't get their respective ores, and the late-game, as challenge suddenly dissapears for the most part, except for events that have to be summoned.

Digging a Hellavator. It's especially annoying when i have to deal with lava and water while digging unless I'm needing obsidian.

The beginning of HM. There's just so much to do, so many options, so much ore, so much pressure to face the Mechs. It's not the relaxing but challenging pace of the rest of the game, it's all a bit stressful.

I found fighting a mechanical boss cause he randomly spawned is so frightening knowing the inpending sense of doom just makes you poop your pants when it says "This is going to be a terrible night" it makes you think to yourself "Meh I'm probably better than this boss" and then you get rekt as you don't know what the flip that was. :confused:

I don't have much of a problem with it, just break a bunch of altars, there will be plenty of ore. Then just kill Plantera quickly then you can deal with infection biomes.

Back
Top Bottom