Blocks & Decoration Making a Few Decorative Statues Actually Do Something

Anvil_Statue.png

Anvil Statue
Grants 'Armorer's Blessing'
+4 Defense.
Should it become a functioning anvil?

I was thinking about some of the decorative statues that currently exist in the game, and I thought it was sad that they didn't do anything. Really, you would think a statue of a sword would have something to do with combat. And a statue of a shield would have something to do with defense. But no, they just sit around and do nothing. I kinda want to change that.

Now, before all you people come and spam me with alerts saying "They're supposed to be for decoration, not function!" I would like to suggest something else: the actual statues don't do anything on their own, but they can be modified to have function. I'm thinking it would be done in the same way mob statues work: with wire and mechanisms.

Basically, when certain statues are triggered by an electric current, they release an Area of Effect buff just like campfires. However, these buffs give things other than regen. When triggered, the statues get a glowing bluish aura around them and emit low light. When triggered again, the aura effect goes away and the buff stops.
View attachment 27032
Example: here is what the sword statue will look like while active. (For some reason I couldn't get that top corner to show the glowing aura, but the blue outline still works. Huh...)

Here is a list of statues and the buffs they give off while active.
Sword: +5% melee damage
Bow: +5% ranged damage
Shield: +5 defense
Cross: small regen bonus
Boots: +10% movement speed
Pickaxe: +10% mining speed
Hammer: +10% hammer speed
Axe: %15% axe speed
Mushroom: generates mushrooms (Idea by SzGamer227)
Potion: generates lesser healing potions (idea by SZ)
Sunflower: generates sunflowers (idea by SZ)
Angel Statue: gets a glowing blue aura. Does nothing.
---
Also, I have a couple more statues to add, to balance out the types of effects. (Sorry for my bad spriting skills)

Gem Statue
View attachment 27336
Buff: +5% Magic Damage

Tiki Statue
View attachment 27337
Buff: +5% Summon Damage

Any new ideas on other statues/effects are appreciated! What do you think?
I like all these Ideas but I think the statues (sorry if I spelled that worng) should glow the colour of the wires they are connected with!

I like all these Ideas but I think the statues (sorry if I spelled that worng) should glow the colour of the wires they are connected with!
Well that's an interesting idea, though I personally think blue seems the most "power"-themed out of all of them. Hard to say tho

Man, why didn't I see this before? This is a pretty nifty idea. I have loads of these type of statues, taking up space in my storage.

And, I noticed that probably a few more statues could be included:

Imp: When activated, it would summon a circle of fire around it (like the Inferno Potion)
Goblin: Decreases the chance of a Goblin Army happening

Man, why didn't I see this before? This is a pretty nifty idea. I have loads of these type of statues, taking up space in my storage.

And, I noticed that probably a few more statues could be included:

Imp: When activated, it would summon a circle of fire around it (like the Inferno Potion)
Goblin: Decreases the chance of a Goblin Army happening
Well the imp idea is ok i guess, but I think it would be a bit too OP. But yeah, something relating to fire would be nice. Or maybe it just spawns Fire Imps. I personally believe that all statues shaped like mobs should spawn said mob.

Same with the Goblin: spawns Goblin Scouts that dont drop anything but banners.

I think a Broken wing and broken hook statue would be nice for pvp matches.
Broken Wing statue gives a broken wing debuff you can't fly.
Broken Hook statue give a broken hook debuff you can't use your hook.
This would intern make pvp traps more effective as players can't just fly or hook their way out of the trap.
All your statue ideas are great.

This would intern make pvp traps more effective as players can't just fly or hook their way out of the trap.
Um... Ok... Well I personally don't like the idea of statues that give debuffs. If you want to suggest that in your own suggestion or something that would be fine tho

UFO mount doesn't have wings.

A wonderful idea, but I think it shouldn't be when active, maybe when given power they give like a 1 minute buff or something.
Then again you can just use a timer. :/

A wonderful idea, but I think it shouldn't be when active, maybe when given power they give like a 1 minute buff or something.
Then again you can just use a timer. :/
I still like the constant idea better, because it's unlimited in range, but inactive out of range. Just like campfires. Thanks for the feedback tho :)

Back
Top Bottom