Story Terraria: Overgrowth

Teal

Eater of Worlds
QHlrRJE.gif

The heart of the jungle is pulsing, it shrieks in pain, but can you hear it?

index.php
Hello, Teal your friendly forum-goer here! This project has been a while in the works, and I'm elated to have found a fantastic Co-Writer, @Derunih to help me revive, and write it. All of the chapters are written in somewhat advance, and lots of plotwork and notes are backing it. So, it's nice to finally see it get put out. We hope you'll enjoy. Terraria: Overgrowth. Without further ado, the story unfolds...
index.php

The boy, and his books...

CH:1

The boy, whom had just fallen a great distance, gathered himself from a sprawled position, and tried to stand. Weak, and dizzy, he barely manages to kneel, before collapsing into a sprawl. He lies for a minute, sending his hands into his unkempt hair in frustration. A book, to much surprise, falls out of the sky impacting him upon ze noggin. He draws his hand from his hair and now slaps it against his forehead. Pressed into the book are the words Basic Adventurer's Guide to Terraria.

The boy wipes the haze from his eyes and thumbs open the first page. Written by, and other irrelevant infos he skips over are contained there. The next page is a table of contents:

'• Table of Contents •

Pickaxe & Axe - Conventional Uses
Weapon & Shelter creation - Essential Survival
Metals and Forging - For those with metal bars
Armour: It will save you!
The many ways to use Gel - Torch Basics
'

These are the ones that immediately interested the boy, he tried to imagine the origins of this book, but struck an instant blank. He could remember nothing, nothing at all. He flipped through the book frantically, searching for any fragment of a memory... at all, heart pounding his chest to shreds, to stops at the very back.

The back pages hold nothing but an index, to find uses of specific materials. However… Pressed into those final pages, there was a single feather, light blue in colour. He picked it up, and twirls it in his fingers, before putting it back. A memory of bright light, a broad unobstructed sky, and high-pitched laughter comes to him… and then leaves again, with him unable to remember just who he heard.

He sighs, and closes the book. On the back, there are a few names, scratched in with faded ink. He glances at a few, and none of them really seem to stick, except one. One that feels as if it could be his name, it has a feel that resonates with him, and he places a final hesitant moment on it, before deciding it 'definitely could' be his name. Kyle. K-y-l-e.

For the first time he wasn't absorbed in the book, he glanced around, allowing his surroundings to sink in. But, how he wished he hadn't. Vines, brambles, moss, and many strange plants littered everything in sight. He seemed to be in somewhat of a clearing, but didn't see a path to escape from it. All around him pillars of vines, and walls of thorny shrubbery encased the clearing. He sat the book down, and sat on top of it, twiddling his thumbs... thinking.

He knew nothing, nor things about himself. So Kyle just repeated the contents of the book. Kill slimes to get their gel, get wood, make torches. Yes, that one. That one seemed useful. It would eventually be dark, and flame might be a valuable repellent to the encroaching overgrowth. With that, and many other thoughts, swirling through his brain, Kyle closed his eyes and allowed himself to nap. To escape from the events, if not just for a while.

index.php

Well, that's it folks, first chapter. Special thanks to: @DerpoTheMagnificent for the dividers -- and @Vikri & @Pinelord for the banner! We hope you'll enjoy the story, which is an alternate backstory to Terraria. We hope to see likes, comments, opinions, suggestions, theories, and whatever else you can think of down in the posts!

index.php

Life_Fruit_%28Tiles%29.png

Last edited:
Amazing.

Abosolutely amazin'.

You guys outdid yourselves.

The description is genius.

This is amazing.

RGAWR THIS STORY SUX :red: THIS ANGER BLARGH STUFF

no but seriously this is cool keep up the good work
Amazing.

Abosolutely amazin'.

You guys outdid yourselves.

The description is genius.

This is amazing.

Wow guys, this story is being perceived incredibly well even in its earliest stage. The positive feedback truly means a lot. I'm crying tears of joy. Well they're not tears. It's blood, and it's from my nose. It likes to do that during nervous times.

If you guys would like to be tagged evetytime a new installation comes out make sure to ask for a subscription.

Subscription please.
Gimme.
I want it.
In my mouth.
Or anywhere.
Just subscribe me.
Now.
I will settle for nothing less.
I'll go ahead and hand it to you, the only thing I'm comfortable giving you in your mouth is a cheeseburger, and your arms better be broken or some :red:, I ain't no servant.

This... This is pretty great. I need to get that gud one a' these days.

I'll take a tag, wanna keep up with this.

Mr. Frog, glad to see we have met again!

An uninteresting--don't worry, only to some degree--start, and a little generic at that, but I really like it so far. The descriptive work is magnificent, and I can see this becoming a big story. Would have been fun to help contribute to the project, having helped you with the (bare) concept in its early state, but I think this story could do completely well regardless if I wrote for it or not. Nice job, folks.

An uninteresting--don't worry, only to some degree--start, and a little generic at that, but I really like it so far. The descriptive work is magnificent, and I can see this becoming a big story. Would have been fun to help contribute to the project, having helped you with the (bare) concept in its early state, but I think this story could do completely well regardless if I wrote for it or not. Nice job, folks.
I appreciate the commentary, the start isn't quite intended to be generic, as this is not the start of the story. It is more a character introduction, and Kyle won't be seeing another chapter for quite some time.

Well it appears to be the beginning, because you posted it before anything else. Sorry for the misunderstanding, then, I guess?

Wow.

Just....

Wow.

I'm already blown away by the detail dumped all over this. It's crazy. You can do more with 100 words than I can do with 2000. (And to think earlier you said that I was better than you. Liar. :D )

This is the kind of writing that I am going for, and you achieved it within the first 50 words, and I still haven't gotten it after, what, 30 chapters? I almost wish I could've helped write this.

Definitely subscribe me. I'm going to have to study this intently, to see if I can recreate the feeling in the second book I write.

Wow.

Just....

Wow.

I'm already blown away by the detail dumped all over this. It's crazy. You can do more with 100 words than I can do with 2000. (And to think earlier you said that I was better than you. Liar. :D )

This is the kind of writing that I am going for, and you achieved it within the first 50 words, and I still haven't gotten it after, what, 30 chapters? I almost wish I could've helped write this.

Definitely subscribe me. I'm going to have to study this intently, to see if I can recreate the feeling in the second book I write.
I think every writer has their own skill, and I think collaborative writing really allows for stories to be well rounded and come out better. I still think you're writing is incredible, and would ping you on Steam all the time if I could.

Back
Top Bottom