Member-Run Contest MrBlock231's Code Corner

silent_ptr

Plantera
Hello all,

welcome to my Code Corner. This is a little competition for fun where you have to make something impressive with code and show it to me. It is reccommended you use Java or C#.
There are no prizes and no winning places, this is just showcasing what people can do. In the future, I might have a prize.
Some competition content (if there is any) will be posted on my YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqkWWMzhhpewROUqaUJEtOg).

Note: On my website, there are some creations made by me and maybe you! Register to upload your own! (File size max is infinite, but will take longer to upload). URL: woodscode.com/mrbzone/.

Have fun!
-MrBlock231

Featured (creations with * can be found on my website):
Terraria TownNPC maker by @Eldrazi
*ChatClient by @MrBlock231 (Me)

Last edited:
Sounds interesting enough. Good spot to snoop out some neat programmers.
What kind of programming were you thinking of? I've got a bunch of stuff lying around, from game prototypes to every day applications like (for example) a custom video player...
I also got a lot of finished games of which I (unfortunately :p ) cannot distribute source code due to IP rights and the sorts, y'know.

But yeah, I'd make something if I knew a bit more details about what kind of apps/games you'd like to see!

Sounds interesting enough. Good spot to snoop out some neat programmers.
What kind of programming were you thinking of? I've got a bunch of stuff lying around, from game prototypes to every day applications like (for example) a custom video player...
I also got a lot of finished games of which I (unfortunately :p ) cannot distribute source code due to IP rights and the sorts, y'know.

But yeah, I'd make something if I knew a bit more details about what kind of apps/games you'd like to see!
Anything impressive, pretty much. Anything that can do something.

Allrightiyo, so I decided to stay on the Terraria side a bit and made something really small (and ugly, if you ask me) to just see if these kind of things fit in.
It's basically a custom TownNPC maker in which I ported 10 textures for both head, body and legs (it can be expanded with all the possible textures of course, but converting the images would have taken... A year, maybe two? *the jokes ugh...*). So... here you go? Unfinished but working product.

P.S. & disclaimer
By downloading and using this application, you agree to everything in this disclaimer. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your computer if you download and use this application.

Attachments

• Debug.zip
    82.2 KB · Views: 106
Allrightiyo, so I decided to stay on the Terraria side a bit and made something really small (and ugly, if you ask me) to just see if these kind of things fit in.
It's basically a custom TownNPC maker in which I ported 10 textures for both head, body and legs (it can be expanded with all the possible textures of course, but converting the images would have taken... A year, maybe two? *the jokes ugh...*). So... here you go? Unfinished but working product.

P.S. & disclaimer
By downloading and using this application, you agree to everything in this disclaimer. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your computer if you download and use this application.
Very clever! Well, I guess you are in the lead with your Terraria custom NPC maker. It will be put on the main post as a featured creation. Also, could you try making an installer? It looks dodgy when you open it because Microsoft SmartScreen blocks it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1443493532,1443493278][/DOUBLEPOST]

P.S. & disclaimer
Also, could you put it up on my website? I can do it if you like, but I'd reccommend making an account and doing it yourself (registering is free).

Very clever! Well, I guess you are in the lead with your Terraria custom NPC maker. It will be put on the main post as a featured creation. Also, could you try making an installer? It looks dodgy when you open it because Microsoft SmartScreen blocks it.
Also, could you put it up on my website? I can do it if you like, but I'd reccommend making an account and doing it yourself (registering is free).
Pro tip: Don't use windows smartscreen. It's pretty much useless.
Installers also are almost never worth the effort for such small projects.

Unfortunately this was put together rather quick.
If this were to be posted... uhm... publicly, I don't think anyone would actually be able to work with it, since it's so small.
But! Is made the folders where the textures are supposed to go public, so that people can add their own sprites for head, body and legs.
Just naming them 'Head11' or 'Body11' should be able todo the trick. Then you only need to go into the Defaults folder and change the values of the Config.txt file there.
But like I said, if this were to go public, I'd rather put a little bit more time/effort into it.
Glad you like it, though.

Pro tip: Don't use windows smartscreen. It's pretty much useless.
Installers also are almost never worth the effort for such small projects.
It came with my Windows. So yeah. (I use Windows 10)
If this were to be posted... uhm... publicly, I don't think anyone would actually be able to work with it, since it's so small.
But! Is made the folders where the textures are supposed to go public, so that people can add their own sprites for head, body and legs.
Just naming them 'Head11' or 'Body11' should be able todo the trick. Then you only need to go into the Defaults folder and change the values of the Config.txt file there.
But like I said, if this were to go public, I'd rather put a little bit more time/effort into it.
As you wish. And yes, I like it a lot! I guess I underestimated you.
Don't really know what you mean. Do you mean to make the textures public?

It came with my Windows. So yeah. (I use Windows 10)

As you wish. And yes, I like it a lot! I guess I underestimated you.
Don't really know what you mean. Do you mean to make the textures public?
Nope, the textured are already public, I was really talking about adding your own textures. Next to the .exe file there are some folders called 'Male' or 'Heads' and stuff. In there are the textures for... Well, for Male bodies and Heads. In these folders you can add your own male bodies/heads and use them in the program (if you don't want to do it in any sort of painting program).

Nope, the textured are already public, I was really talking about adding your own textures. Next to the .exe file there are some folders called 'Male' or 'Heads' and stuff. In there are the textures for... Well, for Male bodies and Heads. In these folders you can add your own male bodies/heads and use them in the program (if you don't want to do it in any sort of painting program).
Ohhh. Ok.

Pro Tip #2: Don't use Windows 10. Especially if you're interested in programming, dual boot a Linux OS or something.

Pro Tip #2: Don't use Windows 10. Especially if you're interested in programming, dual boot a Linux OS or something.
I don't have a Mac or Ubuntu (if that's what your saying) I don't know much about them because I never had one and I don't know too much about them. I'm actually saving up for a desktop computer right now, instead of my puny laptop I do everything on.

I don't have a Mac or Ubuntu (if that's what your saying) I don't know much about them because I never had one and I don't know too much about them. I'm actually saving up for a desktop computer right now, instead of my puny laptop I do everything on.
You don't know what Ubuntu is do you?
And to be honest, I don't think you know what an OS is.

Last edited:
I agree with @MrBlock231 on this matter. There is no reason for him to know exactly how an operating system works, before he can use it. If you want to explain to him what Ubuntu exactly is or why he should use it, that's totally fine (just maybe not in the scope of this thread), but I don't think you should go ahead an keep applying pressure on this matter. If it interests him or he needs it, he'll look it up or ask for help, I'm sure.

-_- do I need to in this context (look at the thread name!)
I agree with @MrBlock231 on this matter. There is no reason for him to know exactly how an operating system works, before he can use it. If you want to explain to him what Ubuntu exactly is or why he should use it, that's totally fine (just maybe not in the scope of this thread), but I don't think you should go ahead an keep applying pressure on this matter. If it interests him or he needs it, he'll look it up or ask for help, I'm sure.
That's why I stopped..

Back
Top Bottom